• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots. At least I have two other championship teams to follow in the Warriors and SF Giants. This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a mess, it now goes back to why didnt u just keep harbaugh. kelly is worse then harbaugh to control. what a mess. the good news we will be looking for a new HC and GM in 2 years.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots. At least I have two other championship teams to follow in the Warriors and SF Giants. This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

So true Patterson. Difference between the Giants, Warriors and the Niners is their FO. They know what they're doing and do whatever it takes to win a championship. They don't waste a year like Jed Dork did by hiring Tomsula.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna chime in here.

Yeah, Chip's time in Philly was a mess. But Jeffrey Lurie must've been an idiot to allow a rookie head coach in terms of NFL experience to have that much control. In doing so, he cut DeSean Jackson, traded McCoy, among others.

The way we lose out here is if York and Baalke give Chip that much control. Maybe having a say in personnel would be ok, but giving control to cut and trade and all that BS is ludicrous. Unless you're Bill Belichick, I personally don't think ANY coach should have that much power.

I know Chip's offense isn't necessarily suited for NFL, but he's heavily offensive minded AND he's had HC experience and could almost guarantee that he knows far more than Tomsula has forgotten. If we can get a defensive coordinator that continues to be ferocious, we'll be ok.

He wasn't my first choice, but there are others that, IMO, would've been worse.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the FO goes, yeah I believe until either York is gone completely OR Baalke is gone(preferably both), it's gonna be a shit show.

Maybe the Ducks fan in me wants to be more optimistic of Chip.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna chime in here.

Yeah, Chip's time in Philly was a mess. But Jeffrey Lurie must've been an idiot to allow a rookie head coach in terms of NFL experience to have that much control. In doing so, he cut DeSean Jackson, traded McCoy, among others.

The way we lose out here is if York and Baalke give Chip that much control.
Maybe having a say in personnel would be ok, but giving control to cut and trade and all that BS is ludicrous. Unless you're Bill Belichick, I personally don't think ANY coach should have that much power.

I know Chip's offense isn't necessarily suited for NFL, but he's heavily offensive minded AND he's had HC experience and could almost guarantee that he knows far more than Tomsula has forgotten. If we can get a defensive coordinator that continues to be ferocious, we'll be ok.

He wasn't my first choice, but there are others that, IMO, would've been worse.

I agree with you. Chip the GM is not good. Unfortunately, the front office is run by 2 clowns so I don't know how much better it will be.

Chip was excellent in all his head coaching positions up until this year with Philly. I think the Philly media blew up a lot of the stories because they need to be angry and want people to feel bad for them. Not denying it was bad, but over-blown.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the FO goes, yeah I believe until either York is gone completely OR Baalke is gone(preferably both), it's gonna be a shit show.

Maybe the Ducks fan in me wants to be more optimistic of Chip.

Unless the York's sell the team Jed York isn't going anywhere, possibly if he will dump Baalke things could change. The issue right now is they need so much because they lost so much and Baalke has whiffed on too many drafts because they already had a lot of talent that has since retired and gone elsewhere for a bigger pay day. The result was the shit show we saw last season. If Davis comes back healthy and can still play at a high level that helps part of the O-Line issue next they still need a Center and Guard. Then they need another ILB to go with Bowman, at least 2 Cornerbacks, potentially a pass rusher. This is assuming Kelly is sticking with the QB's they have other wise throw that at the top or near the top of the list.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. Chip the GM is not good. Unfortunately, the front office is run by 2 clowns so I don't know how much better it will be.

Chip was excellent in all his head coaching positions up until this year with Philly. I think the Philly media blew up a lot of the stories because they need to be angry and want people to feel bad for them. Not denying it was bad, but over-blown.

Well I think Chip signing Murray who didn't really fit his system was a desperation move after trading McCoy and realizing the mistake he had made. Maybe he'll be ok just as a coach and no GM duties, as a fan I have to hope so.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the York's sell the team Jed York isn't going anywhere, possibly if he will dump Baalke things could change. The issue right now is they need so much because they lost so much and Baalke has whiffed on too many drafts because they already had a lot of talent that has since retired and gone elsewhere for a bigger pay day. The result was the shit show we saw last season. If Davis comes back healthy and can still play at a high level that helps part of the O-Line issue next they still need a Center and Guard. Then the need another ILB to go with Bowman, at least 2 Cornerbacks, potentially a pass rusher.

I know, we have a lot of areas of need and some luck to fall our way. BUT, IMO, I think we try and get RG 3.

I'll get blasted for this, but lace his contract with incentives and give him a low base salary. His knees are shitty, but the guy could run Chip's offense well. Shanahan killed his career, not to say that he's a bad coach, just completely different in terms of using RG 3's strengths, IMO.

RG is a faster, a little less accurate version of Marcus Mariota(who I would trade the #7 pick for :D). I think with Boldin, Torrey Smith, (LaQuon Treadwell), he'd have good receivers to throw to.

This is all of course, my opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i dont want to be so negative. Here are some positives: Its an up grade over tomsula, offensive minded coach, He has won 10 games 2 out of 3 years, He is experience HC.

overall its not the worse move in the world. If we gave him power then it would be back.

We now draft a QB or WR.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Chip signing Murray who didn't really fit his system was a desperation move after trading McCoy and realizing the mistake he had made. Maybe he'll be ok just as a coach and no GM duties, as a fan I have to hope so.
I agree, overall he isnt a bad HC just sucked as a GM. this isnt the worst move. He is a big upgrade over tomsula. I didnt like it at 1st but i think I can live with it. lets hope for the best

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i dont want to be so negative. Here are some positives: Its an up grade over tomsula, offensive minded coach, He has won 10 games 2 out of 3 years, He is experience HC.

overall its not the worse move in the world. If we gave him power then it would be back.

We now draft a QB or WR.

Agreed! I knew you had the power purguy! :thumb:

Mel Kiper thinks we'll draft LaQuon Treadwell, which I'd be happy with. I really DO NOT want Kaep to be the QB.
He CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO READ A DEFENSE EVEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, overall he isnt a bad HC just sucked as a GM. this isnt the worst move. He is a big upgrade over tomsula. I didnt like it at 1st but i think I can live with it. lets hope for the best

To me much of the issues on the offense were bad O-Line play which helped kill any confidence Kaep had and helped make him suck. So to me they need 3 starting O-Lineman C, RG, and RT. If Davis comes back you can hopefully fix one of those issues then maybe draft one and sign one (they have plenty of money). They will need a WR, I think a TE and probably a RB. Defensively they need two CB's in my opinion, an ILB, more pass rushing likely a 3-4 OLB and potentially another D-Lineman because Tank doesn't seem to have it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mel Kiper thinks we'll draft LaQuon Treadwell, which I'd be happy with. I really DO NOT want Kaep to be the QB.

I would love Treadwell in the draft in the first but then they need to go defensive in the next two rounds or picks.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Treadwell in the draft in the first but then they need to go defensive in the next two rounds or picks.

We go BPA...no injury reclamation projects. Treadwell would be a great pick...who knows...between he and Smelter (assuming he's fully back) our WR corps could be pretty nasty with Smith, White, and // or Ellington.

As far as Kaep goes, I agree with the sieve performance of our Oline his confidence was hammered. That coupled with a leg//knee//thumb that weren't working most likely added to that...I'm assuming the thumb was a huge issue in his accuracy...question mark?? His defensive reads still leave a lot (everything) to be desired.

In Chip Kelly we trust I guess...regardless of any of our opinions...he's our guy now. (just threw up in my mouth a little typing that). At least we got him early so he can get to work?

Trying to grab positive straws at the moment...kinda feels like playing darts shit hammered drunk in the dark...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me much of the issues on the offense were bad O-Line play which helped kill any confidence Kaep had and helped make him suck. So to me they need 3 starting O-Lineman C, RG, and RT. If Davis comes back you can hopefully fix one of those issues then maybe draft one and sign one (they have plenty of money). They will need a WR, I think a TE and probably a RB. Defensively they need two CB's in my opinion, an ILB, more pass rushing likely a 3-4 OLB and potentially another D-Lineman because Tank doesn't seem to have it.
I mean Chip should help this offense out. lets just hope he lands a good DC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will take it. Im ok with drafting him. I still want to draft a QB in this draft.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We go BPA...no injury reclamation projects. Treadwell would be a great pick...who knows...between he and Smelter (assuming he's fully back) our WR corps could be pretty nasty with Smith, White, and // or Ellington.

As far as Kaep goes, I agree with the sieve performance of our Oline his confidence was hammered. That coupled with a leg//knee//thumb that weren't working most likely added to that...I'm assuming the thumb was a huge issue in his accuracy...question mark?? His defensive reads still leave a lot (everything) to be desired.

In Chip Kelly we trust I guess...regardless of any of our opinions...he's our guy now. (just threw up in my mouth a little typing that). At least we got him early so he can get to work?

Trying to grab positive straws at the moment...kinda feels like playing darts shit hammered drunk in the dark...
I would go 1st rd; WR Treadwell, 2nd Rd MLB J. Smith 3rd Rd CB or Pass rusher 4th rd QB, 5th Rd Guard

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be honest this is Kaps Last chance. He should be happy Chip is the HC. last shot for Kap.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest this is Kaps Last chance. He should be happy Chip is the HC. last shot for Kap.

Although he had a monster of a defense getting his back in his first three years, Kaep did get us to the top of the heap each year and to the dance one year. His talent is through the roof but his head is//was sideways the last two years. Soley based on those accomplishments, we give him that chance provided he's healthy and ready to go...draft a QB...kick the tires on Thompson (PS), and fall back on yo Gabba Gabba if needed. If Chip and staff can get Kaeps head screwed back on even better...if that doesn't happen...trade or cut him and move along.

There's a lot in the air at the moment...it will be interesting to see where it all falls.