• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami: Jed York and Trent Baalke nowhere to be found when Jim Tomsula's firing is announced

Kawakami brings up several good points. After the Harbaugh debacle and the dumb move of hiring Tomsula last year, is there a potential candidate who wants to be a part of this organization? Jed an Trent were no where to be seen yesterday. These two are both cowards. Maybe the new head coach will have more say on personnel especially on the offensive side. Potential candidates are going to be leery about how this front office is so dysfunctional.

I went right to Kawakami's site yesterday. I love his tweets. He sure doesn't hold back his views, lol.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went right to Kawakami's site yesterday. I love his tweets. He sure doesn't hold back his views, lol.

I don't always agree with him, but he made some valid points. You're right, he doesn't hold back his views. That's what I like about him. Pulls no punches!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't always agree with him, but he made some valid points. You're right, he doesn't hold back his views. That's what I like about him. Pulls no punches!

We were classmates together in the Bay Area, lol

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing its Peyton but 49ers wont do a 2nd rd pick. I wouldnt either. I just cant imagine Peyton coming with out any power. I saw York Presser and he did admit he miessed up and that he will trust Baalke and let him do his job. No way Baalke would give that power right to Peyton.

I would give a 4th for Peyton.

If not him I have no clue who I would go after. Gase, McDaniels...... someone that is a proven HC, OC or DC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New HC will make the hires on the coaching staff and will have input for the roster. Final say will be Baalke. York said he will just over see everything and let Baalke do his job. He did say that they still have to be right fits for the 49ers but overall will step away from making decisions. York also said the HC will decide who the QB will be. They asked him about Kap and he said the HC and baalke will make those decisions.

This is how its suppose to be. Im happy to see york admit he was wrong lets just hope he stays away from this like he said he will.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing its Peyton but 49ers wont do a 2nd rd pick. I wouldnt either. I just cant imagine Peyton coming with out any power. I saw York Presser and he did admit he miessed up and that he will trust Baalke and let him do his job. No way Baalke would give that power right to Peyton.

I would give a 4th for Peyton.

If not him I have no clue who I would go after. Gase, McDaniels...... someone that is a proven HC, OC or DC.

Agree on all!! I don't think we're in a position to mess around this time, all we did with the Tomsula hiring was waste a year.

How about David Shaw? I know he isn't a proven NFL guy, but may be a guy to think about?!

Personally, I'd like Payton, but we can't afford to give up too much.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all!! I don't think we're in a position to mess around this time, all we did with the Tomsula hiring was waste a year.

How about David Shaw? I know he isn't a proven NFL guy, but may be a guy to think about?!

Personally, I'd like Payton, but we can't afford to give up too much.
Peyton would be perfect for this team. He wants to coach on the west coast, wants to be closer to his daughter and is a proven HC. The 2 problems is no way 49ers give a 2nd rd pick for a HC and 2nd I don't know if we can give peyton the power he would want.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get his tweets, he gets blasted and I think it's hilarious because I think he eggs it on!! :dhd:

Definitely think he eggs it on. I think he gets his appeal from being over the top and controversial. He used to dog Al Davis and the Raiders. Now the 49ers are the perfect target. It is all funny. I do think he takes some things a bit far like calling Ted Robinson a shill for the 49ers FO.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m2 minutes ago

If the Niners can't land Sean Payton, my sense is Bengals OC Hue Jackson is the name to watch. Worked with GM Trent Baalke in Washington.

Good call. I heard Baalke is really high on him. I really like HJ also. Thought he did a great job with Dalton this year. Was 8-8 in one year with the Raiders which isn't bad considering the conditions of working under Al Davis at that time.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Baalke really likes Payton. As much as we want Baalke gone, he will be here next year. Being both Parcell disciples, they might work well together which is a big plus

I knew I didn't like Baalke for a reason being a Parcells disciple is enough of one for me. Also if the 49ers give up anything earlier that a 4th round pick to get Payton, York and Baalke should be drawn and quartered on the Golden Gate Bridge

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of who the next HC will be..the problem the niners have is their front office & ownership....they are incompetent.

Seems the team lost their mojo/swagger/elite status when they moved down to Santa Clara. They may get it back some day...but I don't see it happening anytime soon as long as the current regime is in power.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought for sure this was a thread about Chip Kelly.:eek: