• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New England Cheatriots vs Miami Dolphins Game Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we go to the empty backfield set far too often and pick very bad times to do it - But, something I did see today, at least often and early on was - Different packages being sent out there on offense and personnel… We really havent done that all year - But we did so often today and that is a credit to Sherm and the rest of the stuff.

I dont want to sound like im giving Sherm a pass, because I am not - But, until I see Philbin have more of a say on the play calls then I will not fully blame Sherm. Philbin seems afraid to get in the way.

I'm sure Philbin told him a month back to start running the damn ball as we've seen more of an effort. Philbins only other choice is to take over the play calling which would be a tough time to do this now. I don't hate the plays its the timing of them. When its 2nd and 2 why go open back field? Why not show the threat of run so you can play action a big play? I think that the guy over thinks himself....that's why he may need to go so that this offense can hit its potential next season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Sherm but I rather have him over Dan Henning and David Lee - Remember those clowns?

Always remember, things can always be A LOT WORSE!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Sherm but I rather have him over Dan Henning and David Lee - Remember those clowns?

Always remember, things can always be A LOT WORSE!

True like I said before put a zap collar on the dude when he gets into too much pass mode and they'd be fine. I'd just like to see a younger mind calling the shots. I guess we're also lucky that we don't have a romo at QB screwing up the calls even worse..haha!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the patsie trolls? A lot of tough talk BS and now they're not man enough to offer congrats on the win....typical sore loser Belicheat fans.

First off, you cats sure are ANGRY at Pat fans...wow, what a chip y'all carry around. Can we at least get 24hrs before you start accusing us of abandonment? Cripes. Also, can anyone show me ANY "tough talk BS" about this game posted by any Pats fan anywhere on this board? Calm down son, you'll never live to 30 with all that angst.

Congrats...the game went pretty much as I predicted. You're also right about the 4th quarter bullshit. Clearly the no-call on PI second to last play gave the fins the win. Shit happens, I can live with that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see that you manned up but after days of BS from you what do you think we'd expect? I was just happy that the refs weren't tossing yellow all over the field like they did in New England. Let the players decide the game unless obvious fouls.....is that too much to ask?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the players decide the game unless obvious fouls.....is that too much to ask?

You mean like the defensive pass interference on the second to last play of the game?

...and btw, "days of BS from me" was simply pointing out racists=cheaters=racists=cheaters.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't around all weekend so I was not here and I was NOT a homer. I was pissed how everyone started to say the Patriots would wallop the Phins and look what happened!

Congrats on the win and win out the rest of your two games will ya!!!

never should have come down to a possible PI to end the game. Let's face it the Dolphins made the plays when they had to and the Patriots did not. Tip my cap to you guys!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never should have come down to a possible PI to end the game. Let's face it the Dolphins made the plays when they had to and the Patriots did not. Tip my cap to you guys!

A NE fan with class and who isnt cocky? Something is not adding up here.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A NE fan with class and who isnt cocky? Something is not adding up here.

Haha....I must be on drugs. LOL

But in all seriousness I am not a homer for the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, Duke or Celtics...Part of being a true fan (imo) is actually seeing and admitting your teams flaws, which the Patriots have a ton of

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in all seriousness I am not a homer for the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, Duke or Celtics...Part of being a true fan (imo) is actually seeing and admitting your teams flaws, which the Patriots have a ton of

Agreed on what it truly means to be a true fan - It is something a lot of S.Fla Fans, especially Heat fans dont understand… People here seem to think you arent a fan of a team or insult you for pointing out flaws of the team or its star player or being critical of them.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on what it truly means to be a true fan - It is something a lot of S.Fla Fans, especially Heat fans dont understand… People here seem to think you arent a fan of a team or insult you for pointing out flaws of the team or its star player or being critical of them.

I'm going to be honest with you (and this is not you) but I don't like most Heat fans because I do think they are arrogant just like you mentioned above.

How were Heat fans before LeBron? I mean it seems to me that they got more "arrogant" when he got there. But I guess success brings that out.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I think the Patriots have a good chance at losing BOTH of their last two games finishing the season at 10-6 and that will suck! Injuries or not...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be honest with you (and this is not you) but I don't like most Heat fans because I do think they are arrogant just like you mentioned above.

The arrogant ones are usually the bandwagoners - The ones who just started following the team in the franchises better days.. That is not to say that some true fans are not arrogant, because I know many of which you can actually find on the Heat board on this site that im often on as well… But for the most part it is the bandwagoners who are the most arrogant. Which is sad and disturbing considering in all of our sports, a good portion of the fan base is made up of those bandwagoners.

And, RESPECTFULLY I say, I hope NE does lose both those games. Any chance the coaching staff is content with the fact that they will make the playoffs and sits out their remaining guys the final 2 games or at least only plays them a series or two before pulling them?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few notes from the game: Tannehill is a winner. Wow the future is bright for this team. Philbin & the other coaches had a great gameplan. Vereen was a non factor in the passing game & the Fins had some big stops on the Pats' drives. I have to give Ireland credit for choosing M Thomas, LT McKinnie & others in addition to the offseason additions. M Thomas had an impressive game. He looked like a shut down CB knocking the TD pass away from Amendola & then he had a game clinching INT. McKinnie & Brenner are solid players. When a team loses two starting Olinemen & gets better, that shows good personnel decisions. This team has star players like Wake, Grimes & Wallace & very good depth now at a few positions. At WR you can see why Matthews won the last WR spot on the roster. The Fins’ coaches have really believed in O Vernon & he’s become an impact player for the team. This Fins team is running on all cylinders right now & on the rise. It will be interesting.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't around all weekend so I was not here and I was NOT a homer. I was pissed how everyone started to say the Patriots would wallop the Phins and look what happened!

Congrats on the win and win out the rest of your two games will ya!!!

Classy post Redseat

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usual keep my congrats to the main page, as I do not troll other teams boards. I am another one who saw this as a loss. I have a friend in my FF league who is a huge Phins fan. We talked before the season started and I thought Mia was going to give us a run for the Div, hell I think I even said it on the Pats boards(got shit for it). I thought you moves in the off season were huge and I love what you had going for the offense, and your def picks were solid too. I was all over Grimes and wanted him instead of Talib. You guys played a great game, and were def the better team. I agree with redseat who thinks this team is going to lose the next 2 games. To many injuries and other teams are getting healthy and playing better together, like the Phins.

You have to remember, not all Pats fans are dicks, just the pink hats. Real Pats fans stay the course, yet take the shit when the pink hats are not around. Good luck all!!! Hope to see you in the playoffs....deal?

P.S that link posted by Hammer was started by a Saints fan....LOL

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, RESPECTFULLY I say, I hope NE does lose both those games. Any chance the coaching staff is content with the fact that they will make the playoffs and sits out their remaining guys the final 2 games or at least only plays them a series or two before pulling them?[/QUOTE]

Pats will play the next two with their best effort. If they lose one or two games they could lose the #2 seed & first round bye. They caught a break when Cincy lost but they have a road game next at Baltimore. The Bills lost a heartbreaker vs the Pats, you can count on their best effort also.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, BB does not rest his players to much, esp down the stretch. He wants the to play full games to prepare for the next one. Nothing is in the bag yet. As FanofFins said, there is a good chance we drop to the 4th seed. Anything can happen, but it sure is fun! Gotta love the NFL....