• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Avatar Policy from HammerDown

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know quite well that all of you here on the Phillies pages are great with your avatar selections with the overwhelming majority doing the right thing and having sports-related avatars but HammerDown has issued a new policy on avatars of which we all comply. This is in response to another Google audit and we don't want Google pulling the plug on this site because they pay the bills. Here it is, the latest.

Yeah, we discussed banning all avatars and laying the blame squarely on those who refuse to cooperate. Instead we're just at zero-tolerance. If someone is asked to change [their avatar], they have one chance. No explanations, no negotiating, no getting creative with the replacement. What's so difficult about changing it and putting up something related to your favorite team?

Having related this, I'll be watching for any newcomers who insist on not complying. As usual, this new policy will be included in my welcome post to any newbies. As for now, I don't see any violaters as just about everyone here has a sports-related theme to their avi's here on the Phillies pages. If you don't, you will here from me (mostly concerning scantily clad women-which is the new no-no-Beemmers and cars are OK). You guys are absolutely the best fans!! Thanks.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I repost the same question from the other thread?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Robotic. I answered you on another thread and you are cool with that avi!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess thats why my Gary Coleman avi doesn't show up anymore, I'll change it, thanks!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caligula, I am surprised you'd be the guy to not understand it unless you are being facetious. Being as an astute baseball afficianado that you are it is about who is paying the bills. We get to use this site for free because Google, who pays the bills, has decided what they want for avi's.

They decided that any inference to objectification is not what they want for their sponsers. So on the last audit, they laid down the law and we now can not have scantily clad ladies for avitars. If this is a sports teams site, then you are permitted to have a related avatar. If you want to get all frothy and lathered up, go do pron (deliberate mispelling of the only banned word on SportsHoopla) on another site.

And jvett, one man's tastefulness is another man's objectification. So pixs of cheerleaders is a no. In this case, that other man are the dudes paying the bills. Capeeche, you two??!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sì capito, Retro. Lincoln Financial loves the cheerleaders. Heck, if they do, so too should Google. Well, that's life. We know how things can get outta control, I guess.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is indeed a funny, duplictious world we live in jvett. Lincoln does like the cheerleaders especially the ones with the least amount of clothes on, yet Google says no. So, what is HammerDown to do? Argue with them? I doubt it not when they control the purse strings.