• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need to make a trade

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Jones, Wayne, Cruz, and Benjamin as my WR, but since Cruz tore his patellar tendon I'm fucked.

So please look at my team and tell me what you think my greatest need is. I'm probably going to have to dangle Luck. I'll also list a few other teams I'm considering proposing trades, and maybe be able to play them against each other. The waiver wire looks pretty picked clean but feel free to throw some names at me. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 12 team league, standard scoring.

My Team:
QB: Luck, Newton
RB: Lynch, P. Thomas, Mathews, J. Hill, Taliaferro, Sankey
WR: J. Jones, Wayne, Benjamin, Cruz (torn patellar tendon)
TE: Donnell

Teams I may try to work a deal with by dangling Luck.

Team A

QB: E. Manning, M. Stafford
RB: Murray, Richardson, Vereen, DeAngelo Williams,
WR: Andre Johnson, Maclin, Quick, M. Wallace, B. Cooks, Mike Williams
TE: Gronk,

Team B
QB: Ryan, Roethlisberger
RB: L. McCoy, L. Bell, Ingram
WR: V. Jackson, Hilton, D. Thomas, A. Hawkins
TE: H. Miller, V. Davis

Team C
QB: Cutler
RB: Foster, Tate, Ridley, Blount, Blue
WR: A. Jeffrey, Hopkins, C. Johnson, Colston, Shorts,
TE: J. Thomas, O. Daniels

Team D
QB: Kaep, A. Smith
RB: Spiller, J. Bell, Forte, K. Robinson, A. Smith
WR: Garçon, G. Tate, M. Floyd, Nicks
TE: D. Walker

Team E
QB: Foles
RB: Charles, Bradshaw, Asiata, Gerhart, K. Davis, D. Brown, J. Stewart
WR: Bryant, R. Cobb, J. Hunter, T. Smith
TE: Cameron,

If you are to trade luck:

I would look for nothing less than Luck, Donnell, and wayne for Cutler, JThomas, AJeffrey

If they think thats too much, then so be it...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are to trade luck:

I would look for nothing less than Luck, Donnell, and wayne for Cutler, JThomas, AJeffrey

If they think thats too much, then so be it...

He would get a total steal in that deal lol that's murder

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually do luck, donnell for Julius Thomas and cutler IMO

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would get a total steal in that deal lol that's murder

Thats my point, I wouldnt trade Luck unless i am getting that steal... Especially for a team who also owns Julio Jones and Lynch... Why give up a major advantage, if not getting better all around??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, TEs are tricky... Especially JThomas season so far... in 5 games he only has barely over 220 yards and 20 catches... Yes he has 9 TDs, and that is amazing.... But he has averaged 4 catches and about 45 yards per game, Given that 2 of his games he did not do well in the yards department at all... Point is that even the elite of the elite TEs are generally giving similar stats to a WR2... The only part of Thomas that is so great is the differential between him and the rest of the TEs... But the elite QB might not have as high of a differential, but is more likely to win games by themselves...

Maybe i am just high on elite QBs, but i really would not trade them for anything but a total steal...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, TEs are tricky... Especially JThomas season so far... in 5 games he only has barely over 220 yards and 20 catches... Yes he has 9 TDs, and that is amazing.... But he has averaged 4 catches and about 45 yards per game, Given that 2 of his games he did not do well in the yards department at all... Point is that even the elite of the elite TEs are generally giving similar stats to a WR2... The only part of Thomas that is so great is the differential between him and the rest of the TEs... But the elite QB might not have as high of a differential, but is more likely to win games by themselves...

Maybe i am just high on elite QBs, but i really would not trade them for anything but a total steal...

Oh I agree. I'm high on QBs that can perform at a high level. Do you think rivers finishes in the top 5 cause I just traded for him

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. I'm high on QBs that can perform at a high level. Do you think rivers finishes in the top 5 cause I just traded for him

Maybe top 5, but i am not sure how much of a difference he is than other top 10...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is great about luck, Rodgers, Manning and Brees is that they are all on a team that is a pass first team, and the qbs generally keep the ball in the redzone... I dont see that from SD as much...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is great about luck, Rodgers, Manning and Brees is that they are all on a team that is a pass first team, and the qbs generally keep the ball in the redzone... I dont see that from SD as much...

They pretty much had no running game until Oliver came around.

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Jones, Wayne, Cruz, and Benjamin as my WR, but since Cruz tore his patellar tendon I'm fucked.

So please look at my team and tell me what you think my greatest need is. I'm probably going to have to dangle Luck. I'll also list a few other teams I'm considering proposing trades, and maybe be able to play them against each other. The waiver wire looks pretty picked clean but feel free to throw some names at me. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 12 team league, standard scoring.

My Team:
QB: Luck, Newton
RB: Lynch, P. Thomas, Mathews, J. Hill, Taliaferro, Sankey
WR: J. Jones, Wayne, Benjamin, Cruz (torn patellar tendon)
TE: Donnell

Teams I may try to work a deal with by dangling Luck.

Team A

QB: E. Manning, M. Stafford
RB: Murray, Richardson, Vereen, DeAngelo Williams,
WR: Andre Johnson, Maclin, Quick, M. Wallace, B. Cooks, Mike Williams
TE: Gronk,

Team B
QB: Ryan, Roethlisberger
RB: L. McCoy, L. Bell, Ingram
WR: V. Jackson, Hilton, D. Thomas, A. Hawkins
TE: H. Miller, V. Davis

Team C
QB: Cutler
RB: Foster, Tate, Ridley, Blount, Blue
WR: A. Jeffrey, Hopkins, C. Johnson, Colston, Shorts,
TE: J. Thomas, O. Daniels

Team D
QB: Kaep, A. Smith
RB: Spiller, J. Bell, Forte, K. Robinson, A. Smith
WR: Garçon, G. Tate, M. Floyd, Nicks
TE: D. Walker

Team E
QB: Foles
RB: Charles, Bradshaw, Asiata, Gerhart, K. Davis, D. Brown, J. Stewart
WR: Bryant, R. Cobb, J. Hunter, T. Smith
TE: Cameron,

Yea I def don't think you should panic after losing Cruz who wasn't exactly blowing the world away thus far anyway. Julio's a top tier WR1 & I consider Benjamin an every week WR2 based on volume & TD ability.
I really don't consider any of the wr2s you'd be targeting on those other teams an upgrade on KB. I can understand you feeling a little thin at WR, but, w/o knowing their byes off the top of my head, you start Julio & KB every wk & use Wayne as bye wk replacement/flex option. Drop Cruz & add another WR to give you a little depth their. I reccomended Andre Holmes in the other thread I think you posted & OBJ as well if someone hasn't snagged them already.

More glaring to me was your lack of a true rb2 right now. You need Mathews back pronto. Seems your league is really deep or top heavy since none of those teams you listed have great teams IMO. I'd say target J Bell from Team D in exchange for Cam, since they're the most qb needy team(that door could shut, at least momentarily, if Kaep has a good game on Mon), although they prob wouldn't be ecstatic w Spiller as their rb2, which would mean you'd have to throw in a rb that they were comfortable w in a package deal. Hopefully for your sake Kaep has a down game & you can talk them into Cam being an upgrade at qb & find one of your 2nd tier rbs, like PT, that they're comfortable w to make a package deal for Bell happen.

As a few others have stated, I WOULD NOT GET RID OF LUCK. He's much too valuable & you likely wouldn't be getting equal return based on what those other teams would realistically be willing to offer. A starting lineup of Luck, Lynch/J Bell/Mathews(hopefully he's back in next wk or 2) & Julio/KB would look like a real solid starting lineup in that league based on the other teams you listed...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude. That is really bad advice. Stop telling him to deal Luck for a QB.

Why get Cutler? He already has Cam who started running the ball again this week. He is a top 5 QB when he plays like that.

IF you deal Luck, I agree with Milk that your two greatest needs are at RB and TE. Don't water down the return package by acquiring a good QB. Maximize your value and then roll with Cam. All you need at WR is depth, not necessarily a stud.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They pretty much had no running game until Oliver came around.

Honestly, if I owned Rivers, I would be looking to sell high right now.

Once Mathews comes back, they will become more balanced especially since Oliver is emerging too. Rivers will still be good, but expect for many of those passing TDs to morph into rushing TDs as the season wears on.