• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nebraska's Incognito

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is a HUGE man that plays football. He HAS to stand up for himself at some point. You can't be a pussy in an NFL locker room. He may not win the fight but he'll win respect.

This mentality is what breeds the Richie Incognito's of the world.

Your whole perspective is fucked.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Martin is 6'5 312 lbs.

I'm sorry, but to run out of the lunch room because "you've had enough"? That's a joke right?

Martin needs to stand up for himself, instead of running off. Clearly Martin made himself a target by having no backbone. Nothing that Incognito did was right, but Jesus, Martin has to stand up to him at some point. He's a grown man.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito's a grown man too. From what it looks like, Incognito is the only one who acted childish.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito's a grown man too. From what it looks like, Incognito is the only one who acted childish.

I agree.

I'm just saying, you can't allow yourself to be constantly pushed around to the point that you leave the team.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYPmVl1CMAAvd-1.jpg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no "standing up for yourself" physicality in a professional workplace.

I am not sure what kind of gladiator arena offices you guys work in.
We don't live in caves. We don't live in the Wild Wild West.

If you are new at a career:

1. You are immediately harassed by older employees.
2. Other employees stand by and do nothing if not actively encourage it.
3. You are relieved of financial assets from other employees.
4. You are the subject of racial taunting.
5. You are the subject of after hour death threats.
6. You are the subject of threats to your family.
7. Management does nothing when approached by the situation.

Every damn one of us would quit and likely seek legal counsel.
None of us other than complete troglodytes would seek to go Chuck Norris revenge attach.

Every office and job on the planet has minimum standards of respect for co-workers.
It is ridiculous that in a modern workplace any employee needs to resort to physical violence versus his coworkers.

Martin did the right, professional, modern, and evolved thing.

1. He tried management. They failed him.
2. He removed himself from the situation and sought legal representation.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None of us other than complete troglodytes would seek to go Chuck Norris revenge attach.

Oh good, we finally got the opinions of someone who's been inside an NFL locker room.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Martin is 6'5 312 lbs.

I'm sorry, but to run out of the lunch room because "you've had enough"? That's a joke right?

Martin needs to stand up for himself, instead of running off. Clearly Martin made himself a target by having no backbone. Nothing that Incognito did was right, but Jesus, Martin has to stand up to him at some point. He's a grown man.

The problem is, that's easier said than done. I'm going to guess Martin has always been the biggest kid in the room, and never had to deal with being bullied. If now as an adult you're facing it for the first time, it's easy to say I'd stand up for myself. I'm not saying Martin was right, but I don't think it was easy as just standing up for himself.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, that's easier said than done. I'm going to guess Martin has always been the biggest kid in the room, and never had to deal with being bullied. If now as an adult you're facing it for the first time, it's easy to say I'd stand up for myself. I'm not saying Martin was right, but I don't think it was easy as just standing up for himself.

Yeah maybe you're right.

Don't get me wrong, Incognito is a dick. Specially with leaving those voice mails. That's way too excessive and over the top. And he should face some sort of charges.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This mentality is what breeds the Richie Incognito's of the world.

Your whole perspective is fucked.

It bred me and I am in no way an "incognito"

As a man, you have to stand up for yourself. Hell a college locker room is full of alpha males, so I can only imagine what an NFL locker room is like. You HAVE to be a man and stand on your own two feet. Hell, any man anywhere cannot allow someone to continue to take advantage of them.

I think your perspective is the one that's skewed. We have waaaaaay too many soft males out there and not enough MEN that will stand up for what's right.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bred me and I am in no way an "incognito"

As a man, you have to stand up for yourself. Hell a college locker room is full of alpha males, so I can only imagine what an NFL locker room is like. You HAVE to be a man and stand on your own two feet. Hell, any man anywhere cannot allow someone to continue to take advantage of them.

I think your perspective is the one that's skewed. We have waaaaaay too many soft males out there and not enough MEN that will stand up for what's right.

The problem is, "standing up" becomes an assault charge...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, "standing up" becomes an assault charge...

Possibly. But bullies don't stop bullying because you ran and told on them. They stop bullying when you MAKE THEM stop.

Under no circumstances can you as a grown ass man allow someone to just push you around - because someone ALWAYS will, as long as you keep letting it happen. It's a loser's position.

Incognito needs to be prosecuted and ran out of the league. But Martin has some serious issues to address himself.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where the hell were teammates to stand up to this jerk and stop this shit? Is he a psychopathic killer type, and no one wants to stand up to him? The locker room has to be managed by the players.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every office and job on the planet has minimum standards of respect for co-workers.
It is ridiculous that in a modern workplace any employee needs to resort to physical violence versus his coworkers.

Martin did the right, professional, modern, and evolved thing.

1. He tried management. They failed him.
2. He removed himself from the situation and sought legal representation.

:thumb:

Well said.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. But bullies don't stop bullying because you ran and told on them. They stop bullying when you MAKE THEM stop.

Under no circumstances can you as a grown ass man allow someone to just push you around - because someone ALWAYS will, as long as you keep letting it happen. It's a loser's position.

Incognito needs to be prosecuted and ran out of the league. But Martin has some serious issues to address himself.

So you think scappin' with someone outside a bar will get you "respect" elsewhere next month? Or how about at work? Punch out a coworker, do you think you will have a job tomorrow?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him killing someone in a stabbing or some shit, no joke.

I think that's the reason this shit just kept on happening, because no one wanted to step in front this guy. I'm thinking he's that kind of crazy.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize an assault conviction in most states prevents you from ever owning a firearm again. No hunting, no home defense, etc..

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize an assault conviction in most states prevents you from ever owning a firearm again. No hunting, no home defense, etc..

I don't own a firearm right now, never have, and I have serious doubts I ever will. Not sure why that seems to matter.

All I'm saying is what should be obvious to everyone here - you are never going to stop bullying as a man if you aren't willing to stand up for yourself.

As long as you punk out, you WILL get bullied everywhere you go. People are always going to take advantage.

There are ways to stand up for yourself without an assault charge. Hell several players have flat refused to take part in rookie hazing at any level and still have no problems in their locker room. Martin has to take some responsibility for himself.

All I'm saying is to BE A MAN. Don't let someone else take from you what is the most basic.......your own respect for yourself.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't own a firearm right now, never have, and I have serious doubts I ever will. Not sure why that seems to matter.

All I'm saying is what should be obvious to everyone here - you are never going to stop bullying as a man if you aren't willing to stand up for yourself.

As long as you punk out, you WILL get bullied everywhere you go. People are always going to take advantage.

There are ways to stand up for yourself without an assault charge. Hell several players have flat refused to take part in rookie hazing at any level and still have no problems in their locker room. Martin has to take some responsibility for himself.

All I'm saying is to BE A MAN. Don't let someone else take from you what is the most basic.......your own respect for yourself.

Then by all means go kick a bully's ass.

Since when is this about you and your personal beliefs about firearms? Do you feel your beliefs should apply to all?

This is about a player you are encouraging to use violence to solve a bullying problem. How do you know he doesn't like to hunt with his dad, brother, with his son someday? There's duck hunting, deer hunting, pheasant hunting, or there's just plain home defense.