• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Whether they are or not, it's up to Kawhi to keep his people in check. By all accounts, Kawhi's inner circle is incredibly toxic. You may have dodged a bullet on not getting Kawhi.

They definitely dodged a bullet on PG and as much as I hate to admit it because Kawhi is my favorite non-Lakers player, you may be right. With how his "rally the troops" speech fell flat, there was speculation that PG was a problem in the locker room. Now you add this stuff from Kawhi's trainer and you have to wonder if it was both of them.

And I agree, even if they aren't acting on his orders, it's up to him to keep that stuff from getting out. That's one thing I'll say about Lebron, if he has an issue, you typically hear it from him. It may be in one of his passive aggressive "what the fuck did Lebron mean by that?" tweets, but it typically comes from him or Rich Paul. Not his Uncle, trainer or dog walker. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lake Show Life is speculating that Pelinka will be making some so-called "improvement" moves once the Finals are done. First, JR Smith will be gone either by trade or waiver depending on the particulars of his contract. Smith is a waste of a roster spot and he no longer plays defense if he ever did. Smith was signed so that LeBron felt better. Sort of like having his favs blankey back.

Next, the article speculates Pelinka likes the notions of getting Derrick Rose from Detroit, and/or Reggie Bullock and Wayne Ellington from the Knicks and/or Terry Rozier from the Hornets. All of these speculated trades involve moving Javale McGee, Quinn Cook, Danny Green, and combinations of additional draft picks. Lastly, if the Lakers win the championship, the belief is Howard will be retained in some fashion.

Whether Pelinka adds any movements from players across the hall remains in the speculation column. I don't believe the Lakers can afford PG and after seeing what he did in a Clips uni, I suspect the Lakers have lost their stiffy for the guy. There is always Ivica Zubac. lol.

If, for some unknown reason, the Lakers can get a chance at Kawhi, I am sure they may listen to the particulars but I think in the end, the Lakers will pass knowing that AD is going to wait a year to re-sign with the Lakers and it will be for the absolute max.

JR serves a purpose for the Lakers. He's the league highest paid cheerleader.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely dodged a bullet on PG and as much as I hate to admit it because Kawhi is my favorite non-Lakers player, you may be right. With how his "rally the troops" speech fell flat, there was speculation that PG was a problem in the locker room. Now you add this stuff from Kawhi's trainer and you have to wonder if it was both of them.

And I agree, even if they aren't acting on his orders, it's up to him to keep that stuff from getting out. That's one thing I'll say about Lebron, if he has an issue, you typically hear it from him. It may be in one of his passive aggressive "what the fuck did Lebron mean by that?" tweets, but it typically comes from him or Rich Paul. Not his Uncle, trainer or dog walker. lol

I give Lebron a lot of flack. But at least he sends out his own stuff and doesn't use others as a mouth piece.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Barkley

Barkley's a constant instigator - he always picked against the Heat in the big 3 era. Same with the Warriors citing that small ball would never work.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley's a constant instigator - he always picked against the Heat in the big 3 era. Same with the Warriors citing that small ball would never work.

Has the Chuckster guaranteed a Finals winner yet?

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you shoulda been around in our CBS days. one of the Lakers fans gave him the nickname "punchline" back then...

he's cool, though. and he DID turn me on to this site when the CBS boards crashed and burned...

ah, the old days. livendieinla, koldazice, jefe101 to name a few of the fans back then...

enough reminiscing... :D
Lol, I remember the CBS days. I mostly posted on the mlb board back then.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to find out who Stephen A Smith is picking. He's gotten it wrong for like the last 10 years.

Stephen A. - He's giving Miami a 25% chance. Lakers in 6, but he believes in 5 games.
Kendrick - He's giving Miami a 0% chance. Lakers in 6 games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3