• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how peaceful heat & lakers fans are towards each other. Had this been 10 years ago then we would have been at each other throat.

There would've been regulations put on the internet if we had a Finals match up 10 years prior.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the heat will play much zone in this series. I think they'll play the lakers similar to how they played Milwaukee

They could be a mistake. It worked with the Bucks because Giannis is surrounded by Kris Middleton. AD ain't no Kris Middleton

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could be a mistake. It worked with the Bucks because Giannis is surrounded by Kris Middleton. AD ain't no Kris Middleton

I don’t think the Giannis wall works against a player like LeBron.

LeBron is more skilled and one of the smartest players in the game.

If there was a gimmicky coverage that worked against him, somebody would have discovered it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat do have defenders to throw at Lebron, especially Crowder and Butler but lets look back at the 2017 Celtics roster.

They had Crowder, Brown, Bradley and Smart they could throw at Lebron at times. Lebron shot 58% and averaged 30 ppg.

Lets look at at the 16-17 Warriors, they had a pack of guys they could throw at Lebron. KD, Durant and a younger Iggy. Lebron averaged 34 on 57% shooting.

If that's why people think this is a tough matchup for the Lakers, they are mistaken. They have good depth which is great but when Lebron wants to score he will...you just have to try to make AD and Lebron beat you by themselves.

The Heat are tough matchup bc they play great halfcourt defense, they limit turnovers and they shoot the ball very well. They are a balanced team that doesn't rely on one player but a team effort and great coaching.

But some weaknesses for Miami (aren't many), they have little to no big man depth. They do have Bam but foul trouble could be devastating for them. Their guards and wings do rebound the ball well so that is still a plus but rebounds is another key that could hurt the Heat.
If the Lakers role players are hitting shots, this series probably won't last long but I think that is really a given in any series with the Lakers. Miami seems to go on droughts at times scoring the ball...they make up for it with their defense. If Lebron and AD attack like they did most of the Denver series...I don't see them having much of an answer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets think about something else for a second. The Lakers are the favorites in this series but they are only favored bc of Lebron, well they do have AD too but the 3-7 best players in this series are on Miami.
1. Lebron 2. AD.... 3. Butler 4. Bam 5. Dragic 6. Herro 7. Crowder... 8. Kuzma

Just like any Lebron-led team (other than those great Miami teams), if you take away Lebron from this roster...they don't make the playoffs. This isn't a good team. This is what it looks like:

PG - Caruso
SG - KCP
SF - Kuzma
PF - AD
C - Howard

Bench
Rondo
Green
Howard
Forgot Morris who has done well with the minutes at his disposal. Played well in the Houston and Nuggies series.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this series a bigger nightmare for wiggy or cane?

Good question. Dipshit would always run around yelling "built not bought".

Jimmy Butler I think is the only free agent that the Heat got. The rest of the roster as far as I know is drafted, UDFA, or via trade.