• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been years since Ive posted on here, but i still come to the boards and read everyones comments a few times a week.

last night was 1 game, doesnt matter if we lost by 1 pt or 40 pts. A loss is a loss. Spo will make the necessary adjustments for game 2. The Lakers are not invincible. They played a great game last night but they can have an off night like Miami had. If either LBJ or AD get hurt, this series takes a completely different shape to it. They have the best 1-2 players in the series, but Miami has the next best 4. Hopefully last nights ass whoopin wakes the Heat up.

THE BOY IS BACK!!!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know. Leonard hasn’t player in forever, and he’s going to do something to slow down AD?
I think if were talking big minutes, I’d rather see it be Kelly 0.
Maybe even UD a few minutes each half just to get in his face and not have to worry about fouls.
We do need to play bigger, but the plan should still be to make Lakers role players make shots as much as possible.
If they do, so be it. Our only advantage this series was perceived to be our bench.
If its not, were getting swept.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol why the fuck must i go out of my way to give credit after game 1 of a series. This screaming for attention from you two is embarrassing. Like i said earlier if you want a board to hear how great the lakers are after game 1 of a series then find a Lakers only forum to post on

You've never given the Lakers credit a single day in your life. Not asking you to praise them but it amuses me to see that it physically hurts you to acknowledge their dominance this season. Even if they sweep through the Heat you'd probably come up with an excuse. Starting to wonder if you're actually Skip Bayless.

But hey, why change the habit of a lifetime?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not garbage, just not a #1 option on a true contender. He apparently agreed.
He isn't even a #2 option in my opinion. I was really glad when the Lakers did not pick him up. I wanted Anthony Davis with Lebron because I felt they would be the best combination in the NBA. All of my close friends thought Leonard and George was better

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness though, hope the Heat can get back healthy, though I very much doubt Dragic will get back. Sucks that we're gonna have back to back Finals with injuries.

Sadly injuries have been a issue in the Finals recently. In '15 the injury bug got the Cavs. In '16 it got the Warriors. And the Warriors got it again last year.

Sucks what's happened to the Heat. But it's part of the game. Of course I still expect the Lakers to take care of business, just a little sooner than originally expected. And I don't wanna hear any nonsense from people assuming the Lakers do what they gotta do that the title is somehow diminished.

Last edited:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly injuries have been a issue in the Finals recently. In '15 the injury bug got the Cavs. In '16 it got the Warriors. And the Warriors got it again last year.

Sucks what's happened to the Heat. But it's part of the game. Of course I still expect the Lakers to take care of business, just a little sooner than originally expected. And I don't wanna hear any nonsense from people assuming the Lakers do what they gotta do that the title is somehow diminished.

The Lakers are the team playing a bunch of old guys. If a younger team has injuries and they don't it's a credit to them. Obviously you can't totally control injuries but the way the laker players have bought in and everyone playing their designated roll is a testament to both L. James and Frank Vogles leadership.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been years since Ive posted on here, but i still come to the boards and read everyones comments a few times a week.

last night was 1 game, doesnt matter if we lost by 1 pt or 40 pts. A loss is a loss. Spo will make the necessary adjustments for game 2. The Lakers are not invincible. They played a great game last night but they can have an off night like Miami had. If either LBJ or AD get hurt, this series takes a completely different shape to it. They have the best 1-2 players in the series, but Miami has the next best 4. Hopefully last nights ass whoopin wakes the Heat up.
Do you expect this to happen? LOL not sure why this is mentioned bc it has nothing to do with a gameplan for the Heat and neither has been injured all season.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't ever expect or hope for any player to get hurt. Just stating that if it were to happen it could change everything. Lebron doesnt ever get hurt, the man is not human, he is a machine.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't ever expect or hope for any player to get hurt. Just stating that if it were to happen it could change everything. Lebron doesnt ever get hurt, the man is not human, he is a machine.

Well you're a Heat fan. And bringing up injury possibilites for the Lakers after Heat players aren't 100% isn't a good look.

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Dragic has a torn plantar fascia. Big blow for this series. Silver lining for Miami is that this may enable them to bring him back for one year at a discount price.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means increased minutes for Leonard, Olynyk and Nunn without a doubt.

Probably a lineup of Leonard, Crowder, Robinson, Butler and Nunn?

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solomon Hill coming in last night just made no sense, especially at the time he came in.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATTENTION LeBRON HATERS!!!

ATTENTION LeBRON HATERS!!!

He just bought a $36.75 million Beverly Hills mansion. Now ya got something else to complain about. You're welcome.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. Leonard hasn’t player in forever, and he’s going to do something to slow down AD?
I think if were talking big minutes, I’d rather see it be Kelly 0.
Maybe even UD a few minutes each half just to get in his face and not have to worry about fouls.
We do need to play bigger, but the plan should still be to make Lakers role players make shots as much as possible.
If they do, so be it. Our only advantage this series was perceived to be our bench.
If its not, were getting swept.
Respect. you're being real with it...