• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know as that the losses should necessarily count against him.

But they sure shouldn't be looked at as something that somehow helps either.

At least not to the extent that some want to claim.

I agree w/ that. It's the losses why he'll never be in the GOAT conversation, it's MJ & nobody else. But his Finals record isn't a complete reflection of the insane career he's had. I can't remember another athlete w/ more hype starting a career. And he's been able to live up to all of it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to be the first to congratulate the Warriors on their 2018 NBA Championship.
I think we should take up a collection for when Wiggy starts crying and can't stop and sinks into depression. I will contribute the firs 10 cents:pound:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know alotta people will focus on his Finals losses. I won't though. He's the best all around player I've ever seen. He should have been a Celtic though. Seriously.
He has been superb this post season. It's really too bad for his legacy that he won't be able to cap it off with a title. :D

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i only went back to it because some idiot compared the Cavs to the Buffalo Bills- i merely said the Buffalo Bills never pulled off THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.

well clearly some sad fucktard couldn't figure out the similarity of the Bills going to 4 straight Super Bowls and a Buffalo fan attempting to boast over it...

evidently it was too overwhelming to wrap both his brain cells around...:D

#theobliviousfuck

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump the breaks on the greatest upset in the history of sports. While it's the greatest upset in NBA history I'd still rank the 1980 US hockey teams win over Russia higher.

one of my favorite moments in sports history...:usa2:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury to ANDRE IGUODALA is one thing that gives me pause in this series.
He was the one guy who could (sort of) defend or harass Lebron James without sacraficing their offensive movement.

Draymond Green cannot. He is a good all around help defender, but he cannot defend LBJ except in small spurts.
Durant might be able to occaisonally front defend Lebron, but he would get chewed up and spit out in a post up spot.

So, it sort of falls on Klay Thompson. He is the best of limited options.
If he has to expend a lot of energy chasing LBJ around, I am not sure what he might have left in his legs for jumpshots and fighting through screens.

I am almost ready to lean CAVS in SIX, if Iggy cannot play.
If he can play, then I would go WARRIORS in FIVE.

Iggy is not a star player, but is a very specific component piece that they need for this particular matchup series.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the one guy who could (sort of) defend or harass Lebron James without sacraficing their offensive movement.

Draymond Green cannot. He is a good all around help defender, but he cannot defend LBJ except in small spurts.
Durant might be able to occaisonally front defend Lebron, but he would get chewed up and spit out in a post up spot.

If he has to expend a lot of energy chasing LBJ around, I am not sure what he might have left in his legs for jumpshots and fighting through screens.

Iggy is not a star player, but is a very specific component piece that they need for this particular matchup series.
This is a bit extreme, because basically you're saying LBJ can beat GS by himself. Clearly, we've beat this dead horse of a subject far too many times.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of my favorite moments in sports history...:usa2:

Other examples of great sports upsets. Buster Douglas shocking Iron Mike. The Jets beating the Colts in S.B. III. The Washington Generals beating the Globetrotters.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bit extreme, because basically you're saying LBJ can beat GS by himself. Clearly, we've beat this dead horse of a subject far too many times.

you beat me to it...

it comes down to LeClown, and who the blue blazes they'd consistently have to worry about...

then there's the other side. i can't see a lot of great individual defenders on the Cavs side...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been superb this post season. It's really too bad for his legacy that he won't be able to cap it off with a title. :D

breaks MY heart all to itty-bitty pieces...

but hey, i bet the speed of my recovery from it will go down in the Guinness Book...:D

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 3 finals, Lebron's offensive efficiency is 15% worse when Iguodala defends him.

The Warriors had the luxury of letting Green, Durant, Thompson, and Livingston defend Lebron here and there.
But, Iguodala did all the heavy lifting and had by far and away the best results. It was not even close.

LEbron is the best player in this era.
Only a fool would discount giving a GOAT 1a/1b a 15% edge over the course of a series. That is a huge amount, if Lebron is able to statistically maintain it while being defended by others.

Even if the combination defensive efforts of Thompson, Durant, Green, Livingston can cut it down to 5% edge, that is still scary enough to keep my betting money away from the window.

That is why IGUODALA is far more important than casual fans think.
I am not ready to predict this series until I see exactly what the heck GS is going to do to defend Lebron in game 1.

Maybe Iggy is back, and it is all a mute point. Who knows.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 3 finals, Lebron's offensive efficiency is 15% worse when Iguodala defends him.

The Warriors had the luxury of letting Green, Durant, Thompson, and Livingston defend Lebron here and there.
But, Iguodala did all the heavy lifting and had by far and away the best results. It was not even close.

LEbron is the best player in this era.
Only a fool would discount giving a GOAT 1a/1b a 15% edge over the course of a series. That is a huge amount, if Lebron is able to statistically maintain it while being defended by others.

Even if the combination defensive efforts of Thompson, Durant, Green, Livingston can cut it down to 5% edge, that is still scary enough to keep my betting money away from the window.

That is why IGUODALA is far more important than casual fans think.
I am not ready to predict this series until I see exactly what the heck GS is going to do to defend Lebron in game 1.

Maybe Iggy is back, and it is all a mute point. Who knows.
one of the biggest things with Iggy- is that if he is no available Durant wil prob have to guard LeBron a lot more and expend a lot more energy on the defensive end.....that would be big.

I think Hill can do a servicable job on Curry--- i think as long as whoever is guarding Thompson stays attached to him on the 3pt line and makes him put it on the floor he wont bury you.....but Durant is the one where their is no answer since LeBron cant carry hte offense AND guard Durant for any major length of time.....if Iggy isnt there---- they can try to guard LeBron with Klay but that wont work that well--- Durant is the guy they would prob have to go to-- and if he is using his energy then maybe Smith and Green can slow him down a LITTLE offensively.

so many things have to go right for the Cavs.

Korver and Smith have to make some 3 balls- thats for damn sure.

Nance, Thompson and Love have to absolutely make the Warriors pay if/when they play the scrubs Looney and Bell.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should take up a collection for when Wiggy starts crying and can't stop and sinks into depression. I will contribute the firs 10 cents:pound:
i have the funny feeling you Lakers fans will be joining me after striking out in free agency for the 4th straight year. lol.....

LBJ will go to Houston and the Cavs will go into a rebuild and the Lakers will fail to win a playoff game for the, what? 7th straight year next year?

if the rumor that PG is going to resign is true- that REALLY REALLY hurts the Lakers grand schemees this offseason

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs...somehow, someway need to get past game 5

I think the MOST LIKELY outcome is probably Warriors in 5--- but if the Cavs can send it back to the Q for Game 6--- i think they all of a sudden have a real chance to pull it out.

Id expect them to win a Game 6 at home---- and then Game 7 anything can happen- esp when you have LeBron James.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every time down the court the player Curry is guarding will set a pick for Lebron and Cavs will try to get a switch. It will be interesting how the Ws respond. After a game or two, the Celtics had to do a 2nd switch when Rozier was stuck on Lebron. It worked OK -- but if the Cavs were playing well, they should be able to take advantage of someone scrambling back.

I'd expect the Ws start not switching Curry on Lebron every time. If the screen is good, Lebron should get more looks. I think the Cavs will switch everything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time down the court the player Curry is guarding will set a pick for Lebron and Cavs will try to get a switch. It will be interesting how the Ws respond. After a game or two, the Celtics had to do a 2nd switch when Rozier was stuck on Lebron. It worked OK -- but if the Cavs were playing well, they should be able to take advantage of someone scrambling back.

I'd expect the Ws start not switching Curry on Lebron every time. If the screen is good, Lebron should get more looks. I think the Cavs will switch everything.
it will be interesting to see who Curry is guarding--- probably mostly Hill or Korver I would imagine. Id love if Curry tried to guard Korver running around picks like crazy and screening for LeBron.

one matchup that i like is when Bell or Lonney is on the court is them probably covering Love---- Korver and Love can play their 2 man game, and get a switch here or there.

If Iggy is out it def. helps the Cavs quite a bit for the sole reason that the rest of the Warriors after hteir big 4 is awful.