• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nats get catcher Suzuki from A's

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats get catcher Kurt Suzuki from Oakland in a waiver deal. With all the catcher injuries they've had, this looks like an excellent move. And Suzuki should be nervous...

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been around SportsHoopla lately. Went out of town for a conference last week and going to beach soon.

I like this move. Flores is not used to how many games he has been playing so we need someone to split time with him more evenly. Suzuki has been hitting better in the past month. Rizzo of course said this was not a short-term move, but I find that hard to believe.

Just caught the end of the game today. Good win and good series. Come back win last night was awesome. Braves continue to breathe down our necks, but we still havent given up the NL East lead.

Also, LaRoche has been awesome. 4 home runs and 9 RBIs over the last 5 games. Has raised his average up to .278 from the .246 he was at a little over a month ago. Batting .450 in August so far. He really has been the main reason we have won some of these games lately. Makes me kinda happy that we didn't drop a billion dollars on Prince.