• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Hypocrisy League strikes again!!!

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may get alot of flak for this but if you're going to suspend Burfict for a helmet to helmet hit you have to suspend shazier for the same exact thing. I realize Burfict is a repeat offender which is why he got 3 games, but ODB was a first time offender and got 1 game. All this proves is that the NFL cares more about ratings than it does about the saftey of the players involved. What shazier did was definitly targeting as he lowered his head and used the crown of his helmet to cause an injury.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main problem is the bylaw that states any defender cannot lead with the crown of his helmet into another player's head. Because it directly conflicts with the main rule about whether the player is ruled as a runner or receiver.

If Shazier's hit is legal, then the bylaw rule needs to be removed. Gio had time to turn & plant before getting tagged. The refs ruled him as a runner. But that doesn't change the fact that Shazier could have easily hit Gio anywhere other than the head.

I could go either way on this.

Long story short, the NFL needs to revisit the rulebook and make changes. There's too much grey-area with this rule in particular.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main problem is the bylaw that states any defender cannot lead with the crown of his helmet into another player's head. Because it directly conflicts with the main rule about whether the player is ruled as a runner or receiver.

If Shazier's hit is legal, then the bylaw rule needs to be removed. Gio had time to turn & plant before getting tagged. The refs ruled him as a runner. But that doesn't change the fact that Shazier could have easily hit Gio anywhere other than the head.

I could go either way on this.

Long story short, the NFL needs to revisit the rulebook and make changes. There's too much grey-area with this rule in particular.

The NFL has needed to simplify and re-visit the rulebook for quite some time. Doubt it'll happen. They'll just add more crap thus causing refs to be even more confused and result in penalties that nobody understands with announcers swaying public opinion. I feel bad for NFL refs these days.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has needed to simplify and re-visit the rulebook for quite some time. Doubt it'll happen. They'll just add more crap thus causing refs to be even more confused and result in penalties that nobody understands with announcers swaying public opinion. I feel bad for NFL refs these days.
Yea its stupid. I don't blame the refs at all for not making the call, but if they had made the call I wouldn't have been upset.

All this player safety is making the league more controversial. Not saying its unnecessary, just confusing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shazier may wind up getting a fine but I don't think he should get suspended. He should be fined.

The problem is that the league only enforces the helmet to helmet rule when there is a defenseless receiver.

I remember when the changed the rule about 3 years ago. There were a lot of really unhappy running backs becuase, by rule, they could no longer lower their helmet into the defender once they left the tackle box. The refs quickly realized that they couldn't enforce the rule and it was basically dropped despite remaining in the rule books.

The Burfict hit was a text book defenseless receiver and Burfict clearly knew the receiver wasn't getting the ball.