• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nabakov a Flyer

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live right next to San Jose, so I've been heavily exposed to The Nabbinator. He's definitely one of the safer choices. He'll fit in nicely, if signed - giving the two youngsters time to develop. Contrary to some reports, he's always seemed like a hell of a competitor to me. He's a guy that comes out of the net and poke checks...during the skills challenge at an All-Star game. He doesn't like being scored on.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live right next to San Jose, so I've been heavily exposed to The Nabbinator. He's definitely one of the safer choices. He'll fit in nicely, if signed - giving the two youngsters time to develop. Contrary to some reports, he's always seemed like a hell of a competitor to me. He's a guy that comes out of the net and poke checks...during the skills challenge at an All-Star game. He doesn't like being scored on.

Eriksson and who?

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bobrovski. and the flyers really like backlund.

Backlund is what, 27? 28 maybe? I don't know too much of Bobrovski, although that's not a good thing because I read into goalie prospects like my life depends on it. I don't see them as any better than our younger prospects like DeSerres and Riopel, and both of them sucked in the Memorial Cup.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think backlund is better. there is a great article about backlund on broadstreethockey.com. it shows how many quality starts a goalie has and whatnot. it is not perfect although it is cool.

i looked up bobrovski and people seem to think he is pretty good. i agree about our other prospects though. i saw some of them and they were not very good.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backlund is what, 27? 28 maybe? I don't know too much of Bobrovski, although that's not a good thing because I read into goalie prospects like my life depends on it. I don't see them as any better than our younger prospects like DeSerres and Riopel, and both of them sucked in the Memorial Cup.

Prospect Sergei Bobrovsky Player Profile - Hockey's Future

There's a little writeup on Bobro. He's put up great numbers in the KHL - despite playing on horrible team (<10 wins horrible).

If there is still ANY chance of landing Bernier, I think Homer has to pull the trigger. Nabokov is great, but he's 35 - and JoBe is light years ahead of Bobro and Eriksson.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the flyers will get bernier when he is like 34...

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Nabokov is the answer, but (via his FB) Bernie has voiced his support for the guy. I don't know if I can really argue against that.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TSNBobMcKenzie

PHI was told from the get go by Nabokov that he plans on going to July 1 UFA as he will have multiple options including the KHL.

Is it just me or is this guy just a dark cloud of douche?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSNBobMcKenzie

PHI was told from the get go by Nabokov that he plans on going to July 1 UFA as he will have multiple options including the KHL.

Looks like this is shaping up to be a loooong week for Flyer's fans.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think if the Flyers cant sign Nabokov then they get fed up with trying to do it the right way and just go spend some money. I really dont think Nabokov is going to get what he wants with all those younger goalies out there. Maybe headed to the KHL.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSNBobMcKenzie

There's nothing wrong with him stating that. Philly didn't even trade anything to get him; they will give up a seventh round pick should we sign him before July 1st, but nothing if we don't. He's making a business decision, and even if he weren't he's never played a game for the Flyers and has no reason to feel beholden to us.

I'd much rather he be honest and say, hey, I'm probably not going to sign with you before checking my options than string us along.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm talking about McKenzie not Nabaokov. Every time the Flyers make a move Mckenzie has something negative to say. Just seems like a prick to me.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree chris. the only time he says anything about the flyers is like, hey i heard this guy is not doing this or that. and then posts these stupid kaberle rumors. like we have never heard them before. basically anyone the flyers are after he will say, that guy is not going to sign. i expect him to go to, insert canadian team here.