• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would luv everyone to chime in and pick mine

so ill drop Canadian it will be in by bio and it surely is painfully clear in my avatar

so what do ya think anyone everyone

any thoughts gang..

or name one for me i do not care i just want it to stand beside all of your beauties eh!!!

How about a play on words, like "Barilko's Fantasy Meter," you know, because Canadian's use the "metric" system?! And "meter" also has poetic journalistic ties. And to meter means to regulate or measure something.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I got the site up. I made some changes to the logo I hope you like. Still have to upload everyone's rankings. So far just Leftys are started. Hit leftys button you will see. Should have everything done my tomorrow. And don't worry I figured how to change stuff fairly easily. Once I get all the rankings and initial wave of other content up I can then take my time and enhance each writers home page to how every you guys want. ie colors logos layout etc.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I got the site up. I made some changes to the logo I hope you like. Still have to upload everyone's rankings. So far just Leftys are started. Hit leftys button you will see. Should have everything done my tomorrow. And don't worry I figured how to change stuff fairly easily. Once I get all the rankings and initial wave of other content up I can then take my time and enhance each writers home page to how every you guys want. ie colors logos layout etc.

Dude, I think it looks pretty damn cool The logo is bitchin...............BTW, just in case you didnt know when I clicked on Lefty's top 200 nothing came up

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam I know you like to change avitars a lot so you can change your avatar when you want just let me know.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that logo is kinda what I was thinking when I thought of the name..............my wife bitching at me while I'm watching football. Perfect IMO.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have to tweek it a bit but Ill get it perfect over the next few days. ANd over the nest few weeks I will totally customize all your guys home page however you want it to be. I'm done for today though. Been at it since 10 am going to go watch a movie a call "take this waltz" heard it was really good. Enjoy. More tomorrow. I put a hit counter and so far we are at 94 hits in just under a half hour

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Im glad you like the logo.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the site is up and running and i made some additions to Lefty's page. Can you guys check and see if Lefty's rankings are available on your browsers it should all be there. Don't worry Lefty about the graphics I made for you as I will be fully customizing each one of your member pages. I just want to up load all the material and then I can tweek the page desing and layout. I will be doing Joes later tonight or tomorrow and if you still havent gotten me you rankings please email me them when you can. i still havent done mine but I want to get all of your up first.

Once I have finsihed mine I or maybe one of you guys could average them out. Check out the rankings tab to see how i think it should look. We will have our avitars running accross the top and then the number where we ranked a guy and then the players name will be listed on the left after the totals are done.

Also I love lefty's idea of and NFL pick em tab so i made one for that too. Here each week we can offer our picks against the national odds for those weeks games. A lot of guys who dabble in the betting will really appreciate that especially if one or two of us can emerge at a high win rate.

Anyway give me some feed back and some love for committing my entire day to this here site of ours.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EXCELLENT job Foot !!!!!!! The new home page is great - colorful, eye-catching, clean and leaves no doubt what it is all about.. I know you have some tweaking to do but from what I saw it is going to be just what I think we had envisioned (only better). ..... Lefty

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXCELLENT job Foot !!!!!!! The new home page is great - colorful, eye-catching, clean and leaves no doubt what it is all about.. I know you have some tweaking to do but from what I saw it is going to be just what I think we had envisioned (only better). ..... Lefty

:agree:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys, so i take it Lefty's rankings were able to be viewed ok?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys, so i take it Lefty's rankings were able to be viewed ok?
I'm at work now so I'll check when I get home. Earlier when I clicked on his 200 list it just sat there; then I scrolled down and his list was at the bottom...............so it was there just not where I expected it to be.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive, Foot. Me like.

Was looking at Lefty's rankings. I'm not sure if you were going to clean up some of the headings, or leave that up to us? If it's left up to us, then I think we need to introduce some standards.

In case you guys don't know what I'm talking about, Lefty's players are ranked by QB, RB, etc. but there is no apostrophe, just an "s" so that QB looks like QBS and TE looks like TES, and K looks like KS.

I think we should standardize each position without an "s." Also "bye week" should just be "BYE." Also defenses should be D/ST, not D, and not DEF. Agreed? Or am I being irrational suggesting this?

Didn't know we were doing comments on our individual rankings? I wouldn't mind adding a few to my rankings! May spice things up to have a comment or two.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I have finsihed mine [rankings] I or maybe one of you guys could average them out.

I was hoping a formula tool like Excel would do that for you Foot? I don't know how web coding works, but I was hoping that averaging a numbered list would also be covered somehow?

I could do it in Excel and send you the file. I'm not an expert at Excel. I'd have to sort each player alphabetically, then enter everyone's rankings. Then resort based on ranking average.

I'm not sure if it might go faster with a pivot table in Excel, but like I said, I'm not an Excel expert.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Joe, glad you like. I am really digging the look too. It was your idea after all to have a football field. Anyway, I though an apostrophe signified possession and no apostrophe meant plural? So RB's would mean they belong to the RBs were as RBS means many rbs. I don't know maybe I'm confused here but i could have sworn that an apostrophe meant possession which would not be what we want here.

Like on CBS they have it as Quarterbacks not Quarterback's. Quarterbacks means plural (more than 1) and Quarterback's means possessive (like our wives meaning they own stuff).

I'm pretty sure I'm right but check it out.

As far as the look at the top of lefty's rankings you are right I need to tweak them but i just wanted to get Lefty's stuff all in one place for now. Then yours and everyone's elses. Once I get everyone's info where it needs to be then i can go back and clean it up and make it look real nice. And yes I will customize each person's individual site how ever they want it to look weather you want bears, boobs, donkeys, unicorns, or shooting stars.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, just seen you second post about excel. Yea I' am not an excel expert either. All i know when i imported leftys excel info it came in with out color. Not sure if there is a better way to import it but i think there is only one way to do it the way I did it. i will research it a bit and see. And if you could sort them out that would be great but wait until I have everyone rankings up so you only have to average them once. Although then again we might want to find an easier way to do it if we are going to do weekly rankings that way too. Food for thought. First things first. Also looks like we are getting some nice hits already. the counter on the home page now reads 532 hits. Not bad for the first night can't wait till football season starts and we are handing out free rankings, picks on games and advice. Those numbers could be scary good!!!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I though an apostrophe signified possession and no apostrophe meant plural? So RB's would mean they belong to the RBs were as RBS means many rbs. I don't know maybe I'm confused here but i could have sworn that an apostrophe meant possession which would not be what we want here.

In my former job, we used abbreviations all the time and the rule of thumb (from the quality group) was that abbreviations had no plural. None. That's what I'm suggesting here.

532 hits on MWHS? Wow!! Hope the visitors know that it's under construction.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea man! I know that is a lot in such a short period of time - literally a few hours! Anyway, why don't instead of using abbreviations I just spell out the words like Quarterbacks, Running Backs, Wide Receivers, etc?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you already have everyone's rankings...

Let's say that everyone's rankings are from columns J through O in Excel. In column P, you can add the formula:
=AVERAGE(J2:O2)

You can also format the cell so that it rounds it up to a whole number (i.e. an average rank of 23.4 will be rounded up to 23, but will still sort the player based on the actual average), or you can leave a decimal spot. I'd opt for one decimal spot.