• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Joe Eh..maybe "The Wind File Rankings"

Funny, you mention that. I was considering a play on words, like Joe's "WIN-D City" Report. But Winning isn't usually associated with Chicago, so I've scrapped that idea. I do have published articles on Fantrax under Joe's "Quick Slant." Still like that play on words with a football flavor to it. I may just stick with that.

Another idea I was toying with: My son is trying to broaden his videography resume, so I was thinking of posting a 1 minute or 30-second video that is fantasy related. (May sound bias but my son has some real talent with this. He can do green screen, editing and music. He's done videos for school, for a couple of local businesses, and for fun.)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, you mention that. I was considering a play on words, like Joe's "WIN-D City" Report. But Winning isn't usually associated with Chicago, so I've scrapped that idea. I do have published articles on Fantrax under Joe's "Quick Slant." Still like that play on words with a football flavor to it. I may just stick with that.

Another idea I was toying with: My son is trying to broaden his videography resume, so I was thinking of posting a 1 minute or 30-second video that is fantasy related. (May sound bias but my son has some real talent with this. He can do green screen, editing and music. He's done videos for school, for a couple of local businesses, and for fun.)
I would love to see that.. luv the "Joe's Quick Slant" ..

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we all agree to do the top 200?

Thanks Treff.

I like the Sam's Spud Report. But what about Sam of Spud?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we all agree to do the top 200?

Thanks Treff.

I like the Sam's Spud Report. But what about Sam of Spud?
Sounds good...........Joe of Average. Might want to ask Power of Lefty or Furter of Nick what they think...................:lol:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the top 200. Joe also love the idea of videos. I was thinking up a few ideas for videos as well. It is quite easy to put a video upload area on our site and it's just as easy to upload videos to it. Love the idea and just imagine how interesting and exciting it will be just to watch each others videos lol. Maybe we could go the extra mile and wear suits and sit behind a desk or bar while hanging a MWHS logo supplied by me in the background.

I am going to make the site more like a static site (similar to cbs's old version the new one hurts the eys) and less like a blog. I am going to get started tomorrow. Today was just a day to recoup from a long week. Hate to admit it but I did nothing today but play around. So to answer Sam's question 200 is good and what about position rankings. I'm of the mindset the more the better. But if you guys want to just do the top 20 qb, 36 wr, or what have you it would probably be best to keep them the same across the board because when I display them it will be good if we all have the same amount for each position since they will be side by side. The consensus rankings I'm talking about..

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my name is easy. Nick's picks. Think I am gonna trade mark it, lol.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the top 200. Joe also love the idea of videos. I was thinking up a few ideas for videos as well. It is quite easy to put a video upload area on our site and it's just as easy to upload videos to it. Love the idea and just imagine how interesting and exciting it will be just to watch each others videos lol. Maybe we could go the extra mile and wear suits and sit behind a desk or bar while hanging a MWHS logo supplied by me in the background.

I am going to make the site more like a static site (similar to cbs's old version the new one hurts the eys) and less like a blog. I am going to get started tomorrow. Today was just a day to recoup from a long week. Hate to admit it but I did nothing today but play around. So to answer Sam's question 200 is good and what about position rankings. I'm of the mindset the more the better. But if you guys want to just do the top 20 qb, 36 wr, or what have you it would probably be best to keep them the same across the board because when I display them it will be good if we all have the same amount for each position since they will be side by side. The consensus rankings I'm talking about..
i still get a kick out of the video post that WW blessed us with
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xmWRumkY2E]Korean drummer steals the show - Very Funny! - YouTube[/ame]
i think he titled it Foot celebrates or something of that nature
i'm certain foot remembers

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been an email discussion regarding the upgrades, revisions, and content of the My Wife Hates Sundays fantasy football web site. Perhaps moving that discussion to SportsHoopla might help move some of the discussions along.

Rankings
Judging from the emails, it sounds like we are going to provide consensus rankings, but all who would like to submit their personal rankings (which would be displayed within the consensus rankings) is encouraged. It was suggested that the target date to have this done is July 1 so that the rankings can be posted on July 4. I agree.

One question about rankings, are we doing each position, or overall rankings? While each position might be easier to rank, overall rankings might be more appealing to a fantasy audience.

Did someone, like Lefty, want to control the spreadsheet, or are we just feeding our rankings to Foot?

Articles and Editing
No one seems overly thrilled with having the responsibility of being the editor. (And for good reason, since we've all made some hideous grammatical and spelling errors in our posts.) Again, Lefty has reluctantly offered to take the lead, and asked that I be the backup editor.

I'm good with that idea however I still stand by my suggestion that since we are not under a tangible publishing deadline, that everyone should simply take the time and proof their own articles. At minimum, use Microsoft Word which will automatically indicate spelling and grammar errors.

Content and Misc
We've agreed to scrap the cheerleader and profanity, which I feel is a sound business decision which will encompass a broader target audience.

It was also refreshing to hear Foot candidly admit in one of his emails that he was "over the top" in sharing his views as well as overloading the site with these views. (Kudos to Foot after our cyber intervention.)

There's still much to discuss as to what MWHS will add and how it will be displayed. I think current features/articles can be organized on the main page, but I would personally like to see each author (or contributor) have a link which would bring visitors to a new MWHS page which displays various content of that author.

Message Board
How close is this to being a reality? At least the version that is intended to emulate CBS' now-defunct message board?

So hope this is enough to get the discussion started?

Here is a link that might interest you guys........I used this for my rankings last year (and this is last years link so if it doesn't look quite right that is why). Anyway, I just wrote my rankings down, went onto this site and arranged the players in the proper order. There is also a comments section............I'm sure you all have your own spreadsheets and stuff, but I'm not very good with that interweb stuff so I cheat...........:whistle:

http://www.cheatsheetwizard.com/

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the grey haired gentleman in that video is a very funny man but I digress! I prefer to think of myself more like the grey haired gentleman in the "dos equis" beer commercials. But then again I've been known to have a distorted belief in myself so maybe I am more like the happy drummer fellow.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought both those guys are much older than I and I am only about 10 to 15 percent grey so I don't know. Now back to the site. Do we want to have a video upload where we permit anyone who views our site post his or her videos.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought both those guys are much older than I and I am only about 10 to 15 percent grey so I don't know. Now back to the site. Do we want to have a video upload where we permit anyone who views our site post his or her videos.
Do you really think that is a good idea? I can see it now.......................

Hi (insert MWHS writer here)........My name is Bill and I think you are a complete tool for recommending me to play (insert football player here) for (insert the football player who obviously had a better game that previous football player here). Furthermore, if I ever see (insert MWHS writer who is now being threatened here) on the street I will beat his ass..............

Not so sure this is a good idea..................seems like it could open a can of worms to me. Would be cool if we could ensure that all videos were gonna be "nice"..............I know you can moderate it but when we start to pick and choose the vids peeps might get a little pissed

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a good point Sam but I think if we clarify in the rules and regulations for uploading what can and can't be said it might make more sense or maybe it is just a bad idea. Just throwing it out there not married to the idea but might be a nice added attraction if we can figure a way to keep it clean.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a good point Sam but I think if we clarify in the rules and regulations for uploading what can and can't be said it might make more sense or maybe it is just a bad idea. Just throwing it out there not married to the idea but might be a nice added attraction if we can figure a way to keep it clean.
Now what might work is if state that we are gonna pick like 5 a week and the top 5 get posted. That way we could weed out any tasteless (I can't believe I just typed that) posts......not negative mind you..................just tasteless.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is overly excited to be editor, and yet someone will have to view random video submissions to post the best 4 or 5???? That's just crazy talk. I think allowing visitors to upload videos is just asking for trouble. Posting videos is what YouTube and Facebook is for.

Am I off here?

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is overly excited to be editor, and yet someone will have to view random video submissions to post the best 4 or 5???? That's just crazy talk. I think allowing visitors to upload videos is just asking for trouble. Posting videos is what YouTube and Facebook is for.

Am I off here?
Nope.you most certainly are not off. If one of our contributors has a video that he wants us to see he can post the link on this board or email the link to his faves in his contact list.As above average Joe stated,that is what youtube is for.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I off here?
Yeah, you're right Joe........................we should keep it pretty simple and that's not simple.