• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My week 2 recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, week 2 is done. My Bengals are 1-1, my fantasy team is 0-2, and Kansas City is so bad, they should get an extra loss. Detroit goes crazy, Buffalo wins a wild one, and the Ravens lay an egg. Here we go:

Week 2 Power Rankings

32. Kansas City Chiefs-This team sucks in spades, and now no Eric Berry or Jammaal Charles.
31. Seattle Seahawks-This team sucks in sp...wait, nevermind. Team Luck candidate #1.
30. Indianapolis Colts-I don't know, was this week an improvement? They scored more points anyway I guess. Team Luck candidate #2.
29. Minnesota Vikings-Adrian Peterson signed an extension for this?
28. Miami Dolphins-Chad Henne looks like, well, Chad Henned again.
27. Jacksonville Jaguars-Go ahead and start the Blaine Gabbert era.
26. St Louis Rams-Opening with Philly, the Giants, and Baltimore is tough. They need more TDs and less FGs.
25. Cleveland Browns-Much better balance, and Hillis had a nice day.
24. Cincinnati Bengals-AJ Green had a coming out party, but if you can't convert on 3rd and 1, you've got a loss.
23. Carolina Panthers-Cam Newton continues his ridiculous start, but 3 INTs show he's still a rookie.
22. San Francisco 49ers-Got beaten by a guy with a punctured lung. That can't be a good sign.
21. Oakland Raiders-They had it all: Penalties, a blown lead, and Al Davis back from the dead. Wait..really? Not dead? You sure?
20. Denver Broncos-Even when Tebow does nothing but run around on a few plays at WR, he's a major story. Blah.
19. Arizona Cardinals-They offense looks really good, but the secondary is still a black hole.
18. New York Giants-Bad news for the Giants, as they announced that Deon Grant will pretend to be out for the year with a fake ACL tear.
17. Tennessee Titans-Chris Johnson again screws my fantasy team. Demoted now to CJ1000.
16. Dallas Cowboys-After seeing the first 2 games, it is my medical opinion that Dallas should punch Romo in the ribs before every game.
15. Washington Redskins-C'mon. It's Rex Grossman. Wait for the implosion.
14. Buffalo Bills-Averaging nearly 40 points/game. Who knew?
13. Chicago Bears-Can't get into a shootout with the Saints.
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Great come from behind win. Important early game coming up against the Falcons next weekend.
11. San Diego Chargers-Haven't really played a great game yet, but they do get a bye week to rest this week. Same thing anyway.
10. Detroit Lions-I really hope Stafford stays healthy all year. If so, Calvin Johnson might threaten some records.
9. Atlanta Falcons-Yeah, Vick was out, but Ryan shows heart and why he is one of the best in the game.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers-I can't move them up too much after a win against the Seahawks. Another gimme next week before a big game against Houston.
7. Baltimore Ravens-A classic letdown after the Steelers. Flacco continues to be inconsistent.
6. Houston Texans-If they're 4-0 after the next two weeks, they can stake a claim as the league's best team.
5. Philadelphia Eagles-If Jackson had returned that punt for a TD, I would have crapped my pants at the stupidity of kicking to him. Looks like the backup plan for Vick is OK.
4. New Orleans Saints-I can't wait to watch the Saints/Texans this week. Brees is still a top 3 QB.
3. New York Jets-Had some help from McCown, but looked good. Sanchez needs to be more careful with the ball.
2. New England Patriots-OK Tom. We get it. You're good.
1. Green Bay Packers-Another day, another win. Slow start, but Rodgers is money. Giving up that much on defense is a concern though.

MVPs of the week:

Tony Romo-If the Cowboys wind up in the playoffs, they can point to this game.
Matt Ryan-Wasn't perfect, but matty Ice earned the nickname.
Tennessee Defense-Locked down Flacco, Rice, and Boldin.
Fred Jackson-Another big game, making defenses play him, allowing Fitzpatrick to make plays and win games.

Goats of the week:

Luke McCown-Enough said.
Bears offensive line-There were Saints in the backfield all day long.
Nate Clements-Made Eric Decker look like Jerry Rice.
The entire Kansas City team-Yuck.

Random Thoughts:

1. Who told Mike Tolbert he was Gale Sayers?
2. My fantasy team thanks Michael Turner for that last drive.
3. I feel sorry for Adrian Peterson.
4. There are 4 starting QBs who haven't thrown a pick yet: Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Sam Bradford, and Andy Dalton.
5. It feels like Carolina is trying too hard to build up Newton's passing stats to me.
6. Who needs Arian Foster?
7. Note to league: STOP PUNTING TO DESEAN JACKSON AT THE END OF GAMES!!!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably have Cincy at 21, maybe 20 and put Arizona behind them.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romo is a faggot.

He may be a faggot, but that took a lot of heart to come back out there with a broken rib and punctured lung to complete the game winning drive. Say what you want, that "boy" showed he has some balls of steel.

Of course if they lost, they would have blamed him for forcing the team to play an injured player who cost them the game.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be a faggot, but that took a lot of heart to come back out there with a broken rib and punctured lung to complete the game winning drive. Say what you want, that "boy" showed he has some balls of steel.

Of course if they lost, they would have blamed him for forcing the team to play an injured player who cost them the game.

maybe that's true.

but I just can't help feeling that these injuries are made up and he's just a big drama queen. The media wants you to worship the Cowboys so bad so that they can be "Americuh's Team!" again. Yea, sure, I'll buy that, the team "Americuh" loves to hate is more like it.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe that's true.

but I just can't help feeling that these injuries are made up and he's just a big drama queen. The media wants you to worship the Cowboys so bad so that they can be "Americuh's Team!" again. Yea, sure, I'll buy that, the team "Americuh" loves to hate is more like it.

I find it kind of hard to believe he played with a punctured lung. But still pretty ballsy on Romo's part. I just love how the media completely flip-flops on a weekly basis. After Week 1 Romo is the worst QB in NFL history and should be tarred and feathered in public for throwing away the Jets game. The very next week he gets banged up and leads a come back win against the Niners and suddenly he's Brett Favre haha. Gotta love the love/hate when it comes to the Cowgirls.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I have to hand it to him, playing hurt and putting the team first. That's great, but if he walked through a puddle I would have expect someone to gasp and say, "he just walked on water!"