• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My turn on the firing line

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 10-team, half-point PPR league, with 4pt passing TDs. Second pick.

Decided to bank on Bernard and/or Bell; the WR/TE values in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th seemed worth it.

The only thing that didn't work out as planned is that Mendy went before I could get him in the eighth. So if my team blows I can't even blame the draft.

QB: Wilson (#62, seventh round)
RB: Charles (#2, first round)
RB: Gio Bernard (#42, fifth)
RB/WR: Le'Veon Bell (#59, sixth) - Steve Smith in the short term
WR: Marshall (#19, second)
WR: Dez (#22, third)
TE: Gronk (#39, fourth) - Olsen in the short term
DST: Steelers (#159, sixteenth)
K: Walsh (#139, fourteenth)

QB: Dalton (#122, thirteenth)
RB: Vereen (#79, eighth)
RB: Stacy (#142, fifteenth)
WR: Steve Smith (#82, ninth)
WR: Lance Moore (#99, tenth)
WR: Vincent Brown (#102, eleventh)
TE: Olsen (#119, twelfth)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Decided to bank on Bernard and/or Bell; the WR/TE values in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th seemed worth it.

The only thing that didn't work out as planned is that Mendy went before I could get him in the eighth. So if my team blows I can't even blame the draft.

I like the team Will; even if either Bell or Gio don't work out (I think they will) I think your team is deep enough to handle it. The bolded comment seems true for all 4 of the drafts I was in this year. Even though RB is "thin" the value was still there up until the 5th round (except for the MBBRL, that was a nightmare). Curious as to what QB's you passed for Wilson (think he was in your top 5).

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs went crazy early, in my opinion. Brees, Rodgers and Peyton all went in the second (helping Marshall and Dez come back to me). Brady and Cam went in the third and fifth, and RGIII and Kap went before my pick at 59, and Ryan went at 60. So I figured at 62 it was time. The only other QB I would have been happy with would have been Stafford, but at 4pt passing TDs I went with Wilson.

Maybe I could have waited a little longer - the first backup QB went in the ninth. But I was looking at bench guys versus a starter and I didn't feel like playing it too fine.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with the loss of Harvin I dropped Wilson out of the top five, but not by much.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At first glance I was worried about your RB situation due to your WR strength. But Charles and Vereen are solid enough to get you through each week, I also gambled on Bell in another league and it appears that was a good move.
I have concerns about your QB situation if Wilson starts off slow or gets a small injury. QB is the one position from a fantasy perspective that IMO is shaky...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you probably have too many WR. With Dez and Marshall each week, you'll only need the rest for flex purposes. I think you might have been better off throwing a dart at another RB instead of Brown (even though I know you like him). Just can't see you starting him. Smitty and Moore would have been more than enough.

Overall, I think your team rocks, even though it's based on Gio and/or Bell having a nice coming out party... but like skin em all said, Vereen might be a sneaky every week play.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in a .5 ppr, I like Vereen in the flex on certain weeks when they go against another powerful offense. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get 15-20 touches a game in that offense, especially with no Woodhead around. Have to guess you have the best 1-2 punch at WR, unless someone has Calvin and AJ, so that's pretty damned nice. You know my stance on Gio, so overall I'm a big fan.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez and Marshall will be a very nice WR duo, can't believe you managed to grab both as most of my drafts they were going almost right after each other.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy picking in front of me (at #1) followed a similar path, taking AP in the first and then AJ Green/Julio at the 2nd-to-3rd turn, then Sproles/Miller, and Ryan/Hilton.

My only real advantage over that guy is at TE. Hopefully I'll have Gronk healthy when it matters.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish I could see what others are seeing in Levon Bell..just don't get it.

But other than that, and the fact I'm big on Bernard too, I think you've got a very strong team Will.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Treff.

On Bell, he certainly wouldn't do much good in your bonus-for-long-TDs league, but I figure when he plays he'll always get 2-5 yards on a carry (rarely more or less than that). That fits the Steelers so well I think they'll just trot him out there constantly. He can also catch. So I see maybe 3.5 ypc for 20 carries a game, tack on another 30 yards on a few catches, and a completely boring but reliable red zone option that gets 8-12 TDs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should have a mid-high end RB2 in Bell or Bernard, or maybe both. But like others, I really like that you backed them up with Vereen, especially in PPR format. but if they faulter or take a bit to get going, you will be going with one of your bench WRs in the flex spot more often than not.

Very good start, and hope that Wilson can get you some rushing TDs to boost your QB output

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish I could see what others are seeing in Levon Bell..just don't get it.

he's a 3-down back, who can catch and score from the goal line and has absolutely no competition other than his sprained foot.. not sure what you don't get

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a 3-down back, who can catch and score from the goal line and has absolutely no competition other than his sprained foot.. not sure what you don't get
I guess my biggest hangups are that he looks more like a Blount/Lendale White/Ron Dayne to to me. And a back like behind behind a line like Pit's was last year (and projected to be similar this year) doesn't seem like a fantasy winner to me.

I hope I'm wrong and he ends up being the new Bettis..Lord knows I'd like another decent option to choose from next year. But I'm firmly in "prove me wrong first" mode with Le'veon.