• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my plan for the skins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Fire BA and promote DW

2) make kyle smith GM

3) fire gruden and manuresky and make KOC HC , ryan DC , and tim rattay OC for the rest of the season . depending how it works out see if 1 or all are retain-able if not then you get DW , smith and schafer together and look for a new staff . Snyder stay out !!!!

4) trade TW for what you can get , late pats 1st , or some 2nds and 3rds (combo )

5) look to trade RK , maybe get a 2nd rounder or 3rd (in or off season )

6) trade norman if you can if not cut him in the off season

7) part ways with reed ( either retire or by cut )

8) within 2 yrs get rid of moses at RT

9) resign sherrf at a reasonable price ( market value ) . resign flowers at LG if he continues to play well

10 ) draft a LT depending on our draft spot , now BPA could be in play ( cant pass on a Chase young or a juedy if the LT isnt as good as they are at our spot )

11) explore the option of the 4-3 defense

12 ) gather as many draft picks as you can and let smith pick em

13) now lets assume we get a late 1st or a 2nd and 3rd for TW

We could have 2 1st s ( or a 2nd and 2rd ) a 3rd for RK , then you are looking at a 1st , a 2nd , 3 3rds , 2 4ths ,(one 4th a projected comp pick ) a 5th , a 6th and a 7th off the top of my head and assuming the lower end of what we get in trades

14) getting rid of JN , JR and TW contracts frees up about 40 mil in contracts plus the 7 mil we have left over . RK's contract would be in the 10 mil range i think and williams contract at this time isnt counting on our cap so the 21 mil is misleading

we should be able to get some decent players in FA at reasonable costs

that is how i go about it

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we lose the “you are the owner” thread?

Solid plan, skinsdad, btw!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) make kyle smith GM

3) fire gruden and manuresky and make KOC HC , ryan DC , and tim rattay OC for the rest of the season . depending how it works out see if 1 or all are retain-able if not then you get DW , smith and schafer together and look for a new staff . Snyder stay out !!!!

4) trade TW for what you can get , late pats 1st , or some 2nds and 3rds (combo )

9) resign sherrf at a reasonable price ( market value ) . resign flowers at LG if he continues to play well

10 ) draft a LT depending on our draft spot , now BPA could be in play ( cant pass on a Chase young or a juedy if the LT isnt as good as they are at our spot )

We could have 2 1st s ( or a 2nd and 2rd ) a 3rd for RK , then you are looking at a 1st , a 2nd , 3 3rds , 2 4ths ,(one 4th a projected comp pick ) a 5th , a 6th and a 7th off the top of my head and assuming the lower end of what we get in trades

14) getting rid of JN , JR and TW contracts frees up about 40 mil in contracts plus the 7 mil we have left over . RK's contract would be in the 10 mil range i think and williams contract at this time isnt counting on our cap so the 21 mil is misleading

Dan Snyder should sell the team.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) make kyle smith GM

I respect your plan/process dad. If it were to play out this way, I would be ok with this. However, I think throwing in some vet coaching with what I think will be a great HC the next time around so, my next post will be my plan moving forward.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Plan:

Right Now
1. Fire Bruce Allen, Fire Jay Gruden, Fire Gregg Manusky.
2. Promote Doug Williams to President, Football Operations moving forward with understanding...next.
3. Hire Louis Riddick as President, Pro Player Personnel
4. Promote Kyle Smith to GM
5. Promote Kevin O'Connell to interim HC/OC
6. Promote Rob Ryan to DC

After Season
1. Offer Wade Phillips HC/DC job before he retires. (2 yr, $20m) with understanding...next.
2. Offer Josh McDaniels Associate HC (in waiting) OC (5 yr, $25m) with understanding he is HC when Wade retires. (O'Connell if McDaniels declines)

Kyle Smith works parallel with Louis Riddick to head college scouting, player draft/evaluations, contract negotiating, FA signings, medical staff planning and overall player personnel moves. All report to Doug Williams who will be focused on Culture change within the organization making the Redskins a pioneer of a once proud franchise who will now connect with the community in a whole new way. Focus on the fan experience, new stadium and overall direction of the franchise. Doug Williams will do what's best for the organization. Aside from that, these decision makers will do what's best moving forward. I'm not concerned about what happens to TW, RK, JN and others because the new leadership will do what's best, I'm confident of that.

HTTR!
I know, wishful thinking but hey, bash away!

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Plan:

Right Now
1. Fire Bruce Allen, Fire Jay Gruden, Fire Gregg Manusky.
2. Promote Doug Williams to President, Football Operations moving forward with understanding...next.
3. Hire Louis Riddick as President, Pro Player Personnel
4. Promote Kyle Smith to GM
5. Promote Kevin O'Connell to interim HC/OC
6. Promote Rob Ryan to DC

After Season
1. Offer Wade Phillips HC/DC job before he retires. (2 yr, $20m) with understanding...next.
2. Offer Josh McDaniels Associate HC (in waiting) OC (5 yr, $25m) with understanding he is HC when Wade retires. (O'Connell if McDaniels declines)

Kyle Smith works parallel with Louis Riddick to head college scouting, player draft/evaluations, contract negotiating, FA signings, medical staff planning and overall player personnel moves. All report to Doug Williams who will be focused on Culture change within the organization making the Redskins a pioneer of a once proud franchise who will now connect with the community in a whole new way. Focus on the fan experience, new stadium and overall direction of the franchise. Doug Williams will do what's best for the organization. Aside from that, these decision makers will do what's best moving forward. I'm not concerned about what happens to TW, RK, JN and others because the new leadership will do what's best, I'm confident of that.

HTTR!
I know, wishful thinking but hey, bash away!

i dont think you can hire any of them away unless you make them HC . why would they leave winning organizations for this unless they were the man ?

riddick is a good idea

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you can hire any of them away unless you make them HC . why would they leave winning organizations for this unless they were the man ?

riddick is a good idea
McDaniels would be Associate HC

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day Rob Ryan becomes DC I am turning in my Burgundy and Gold. The guy has been good NOwhere.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day Rob Ryan becomes DC I am turning in my Burgundy and Gold. The guy has been good NOwhere.
Well, you really think Manusky makes it out of this season? Where do they turn on a temp basis? I'm guessing Ryan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels would be Associate HC

i dont see him leaving the pats to be a glorified , high paid assistant for a crap franchise . nor would phillips unless he was HC and at his age not so sure about that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well i hope you dont do that over a short term hire :D

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see him leaving the pats to be a glorified , high paid assistant for a crap franchise . nor would phillips unless he was HC and at his age not so sure about that
Money talks dad...Would you turn down $25m and a chance to be HC? I wouldn't.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a damn good DC, at his age. Don't discriminate dad, c'mon man.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a damn good DC, at his age. Don't discriminate dad, c'mon man.

the point is he will retire soon . and again why leave the rams to be DC here ? they have to be HC's and wade was a disaster as a HC in dallas

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is he will retire soon . and again why leave the rams to be DC here ? they have to be HC's and wade was a disaster as a HC in dallas
2 more years and $20m to be HC that's why. Cannot compare one situation to another. With my leadership in place, Wade will set the defensive tone and teach to his replacement while associate HC focuses on offense. It's a great plan if you can pull it off. Gives stability to the organization.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more years and $20m to be HC that's why. Cannot compare one situation to another. With my leadership in place, Wade will set the defensive tone and teach to his replacement while associate HC focuses on offense. It's a great plan if you can pull it off. Gives stability to the organization.
you cant pay that kind of money out , wont happen

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put this to the forefront again. The pregame MNF talk once again "bashed" the skins organization for how Haskins is being handled. Once again on National TV all talking heads basically reiterated how poorly the organization as a whole is being lead. Clean house now!!!