• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my late 1st quarter report

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now we stand at 1-4 and are essentially out of the playoff picture

well lets start with the offense

we have a very good wr corp . roberts and Djax have upgraded the position . at te we need to replace paulson . we did find a 2nd te in paul . he is playing well and when reed comes back we should have some good threats there

qb play has been erratic . on game KC is hot , another he isnt . he has only 1 career win . i am not sure he has seized the job . Rg3 was horrible week one but he was doing very well until he got hurt vs the Jags
durability has put his job in jeopardy . looks like a 2nd consecutive "lost " season

the rb corp is a solid group . helu and AM compliment each other and redd is a hammer . CY is doing well

the o/line injuries have hurt the o/line but it is clear that chester and polumbus just arent starting material . this issue needs to be fixed . and moses isnt ready yet . he totally missed a snap count and was benched for compton we need to get bigger on the o/line and we have to stop kidding ourselves and believe our collective eyes

coaching has been subpar the o/line coach isnt improving the guys up front . chester , polumbus ribeye, lavaou compton , moses and long all are inconsistent maybe its talent but the coaching hasnt helped . blitz pick up is no good .

on defense haslett is a huge disappointment and a mediocre DC . every year we get promised about our defense being "turned loose " and it never happens . our OLBs routinely lose contain and we have riley covering guys he shouldnt while robinson isnt . our dbs are afraid to play bump and run . with the size we have we should be able to do it

the defense always seems unprepared for what the other team is going to do . i gave shark and haz a chance but they are failing .

gruden is making rookie HC mistakes . his challenges are awful , and he is just too slow to adjust . clock management is still an issue .

ST's are little better . every game we are at a field position disadvantage . players dont stay in lanes and are undisciplined . penalties are the norm . look at seatle , their "stars " wanb to play teams our back-ups are looking for the exit

player acquisition, have been uneven . Djax , roberts , hatcher clark appear to be good choices . lavou for the money isnt a good one . we left a lot of o/lineman on the market . we did find tres way . but our kicker needs to make a difference porter is another waste of cash

the draft , murphy appears to be a solid player but not the pass rusher i thought he was . grant is a pleasant surprise . long appear to be ok but moses looks like a 5th rounder . i like breeland either at Cb or safety

biggest concerns age at key positions on defense clark is 35 and got dinged , cofiled on IR , bowen on the PUP , hatcher battling nagging injuries , golston has missed time and hall is gone for the year

the safety position is old or lacking talent BM isnt play well in coverage and the other guys are just bodies

special teams , weak place kicking game and awful discipline are the key issues

injuries , our best guys are always on the shelf . Rg3 , reed , etc

coaching . we made a mistake in retaining the defensive staff .

o/line gruden needs to get "his" guys in there

i still see 6 wins and we should be better as the season goes on . but now we are on draft prospect watch

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the listed are things we already knew. If you didn't, you weren't paying attention.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the listed are things we already knew. If you didn't, you weren't paying attention.

Of course most of us already knew this since you are dealing with diehard fans. However - Skinsdad did a good job organizing this analysis.

Barring a miracle it appears that the additional year experiment with Haslett is over. Same with the ST coach - find someone with a solid track record in this area for more than one year (and not just as an asst). Gruden may still do fine, but he needs to surround himself with better people. Obviously - they also need more talent.

Unfortunately - another year of rebuilding. However - they still should have some positive moments moving forward since there are several remaining winnable games (if the Skins don't beat themselves). Very frustrating for most of us.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course most of us already knew this since you are dealing with diehard fans. However - Skinsdad did a good job organizing this analysis.

Barring a miracle it appears that the additional year experiment with Haslett is over. Same with the ST coach - find someone with a solid track record in this area for more than one year (and not just as an asst). Gruden may still do fine, but he needs to surround himself with better people. Obviously - they also need more talent.

Unfortunately - another year of rebuilding. However - they still should have some positive moments moving forward since there are several remaining winnable games (if the Skins don't beat themselves). Very frustrating for most of us.

I was not refuting and yes, Dad did a nice job culminating the short comings of the team we had an idea the Organization would trot out on Sunday's. My retort was meant for those who had high hopes of a quick turn around.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not refuting and yes, Dad did a nice job culminating the short comings of the team we had an idea the Organization would trot out on Sunday's. My retort was meant for those who had high hopes of a quick turn around.

NP - peace. Anyhow - yep there were a few folks (not most) who had overinflated hopes for this team in preseason. I cautioned at the time that this will take some time & there are obvious holes that cannot be fixed this season.

I also don't believe that it is as bad as some folks are making it out to be right now. The Giants game was a disaster. However - last nights game was not that bad - it was mainly a matter of the Seahawks being the better team & plays by Wilson, Harvin, etc were pretty amazing. I will be very curious to see how they do over the next month. They play a beat-up Cards team then have 3 out 4 against very beatable teams. We should know after that time whether they are completely pathetic or at least somewhat decent.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now we stand at 1-4 and are essentially out of the playoff picture

well lets start with the offense

we have a very good wr corp . roberts and Djax have upgraded the position . at te we need to replace paulson . we did find a 2nd te in paul . he is playing well and when reed comes back we should have some good threats there

qb play has been erratic . on game KC is hot , another he isnt . he has only 1 career win . i am not sure he has seized the job . Rg3 was horrible week one but he was doing very well until he got hurt vs the Jags
durability has put his job in jeopardy . looks like a 2nd consecutive "lost " season

the rb corp is a solid group . helu and AM compliment each other and redd is a hammer . CY is doing well

the o/line injuries have hurt the o/line but it is clear that chester and polumbus just arent starting material . this issue needs to be fixed . and moses isnt ready yet . he totally missed a snap count and was benched for compton we need to get bigger on the o/line and we have to stop kidding ourselves and believe our collective eyes

coaching has been subpar the o/line coach isnt improving the guys up front . chester , polumbus ribeye, lavaou compton , moses and long all are inconsistent maybe its talent but the coaching hasnt helped . blitz pick up is no good .

on defense haslett is a huge disappointment and a mediocre DC . every year we get promised about our defense being "turned loose " and it never happens . our OLBs routinely lose contain and we have riley covering guys he shouldnt while robinson isnt . our dbs are afraid to play bump and run . with the size we have we should be able to do it

the defense always seems unprepared for what the other team is going to do . i gave shark and haz a chance but they are failing .

gruden is making rookie HC mistakes . his challenges are awful , and he is just too slow to adjust . clock management is still an issue .

ST's are little better . every game we are at a field position disadvantage . players dont stay in lanes and are undisciplined . penalties are the norm . look at seatle , their "stars " wanb to play teams our back-ups are looking for the exit

player acquisition, have been uneven . Djax , roberts , hatcher clark appear to be good choices . lavou for the money isnt a good one . we left a lot of o/lineman on the market . we did find tres way . but our kicker needs to make a difference porter is another waste of cash

the draft , murphy appears to be a solid player but not the pass rusher i thought he was . grant is a pleasant surprise . long appear to be ok but moses looks like a 5th rounder . i like breeland either at Cb or safety

biggest concerns age at key positions on defense clark is 35 and got dinged , cofiled on IR , bowen on the PUP , hatcher battling nagging injuries , golston has missed time and hall is gone for the year

the safety position is old or lacking talent BM isnt play well in coverage and the other guys are just bodies

special teams , weak place kicking game and awful discipline are the key issues

injuries , our best guys are always on the shelf . Rg3 , reed , etc

coaching . we made a mistake in retaining the defensive staff .

o/line gruden needs to get "his" guys in there

i still see 6 wins and we should be better as the season goes on . but now we are on draft prospect watch

Very nice job Dad, but allow me to add a few things.

At 1-4.....the question of which season (12 or 13) best represented this team should be settled. Time for others to stop holding on to aberrations that marked both of those seasons.

While it is obvious that the team has up-graded the WR corp, there is still the need for that big fast stud and a blocking TE. I agree that Paul and Reed are good in the passing game, they are both suspect when blocking is called for.

I really don't think that erratic best sums up our QB play, KC is on aggregate, an average QB, as you've stated both good and bad, not the guy to lead the team on a permanent basis. RGIII has questions of health shadowing him, if he's able to overcome these issues because he has an up-side where KC does not, he's the guy.

No issues with your RB assessment, however they still need what Thompson potentially gives them.

For those who did not pick it up, my opening statement applied to both our offensive and defensive lines.
Too many have been kidding themselves in this regard. We do not have a NFL caliber Oline and it is best to say that both Kerrigan and Orakpo are lost in space.

On the defensive side of the ball it's time to stop with the experiments.......I don't care draft or acquire players who have dedicated themselves to becoming very good at their desired positions. There is now talk of switching Breland to safety.....Why? No confidence in Mr. Allen to get true safeties?

Hazlett has got to go....but let's not be comforted with his departure. Others should also get one way tickets to destinations other than here. B. Allen should also purchase an open ticket he's on the "you've got one more chance" list.

You're right, as some have said before, this team has an aging issue a key spots, worse more dead weight taking up cap space in an era where neither is a luxury that teams can afford.

KF is not the answer at kicker.......it is amazing to me that there are posters who refuse to take a clear sober look at the newest guy beyond the fact that he is not the guy that they hated before him. R. Clark and K. Forbath instantly comes to mind.

Coaching is a mystery they seem to want their players to play hard but are unwilling to instill the discipline necessary to get the job done. BTW: you can teach a dog to mimic a horse by getting to snort and paw the ground but in the end he is what he is....just like some on this team.

The stated goals of this team every year should be to upgrade.....upgrade.....upgrade with every man capable of taking the starting job from the current holder of it. How great would it be to lose players in FA while knowing that the next man up is just as good if not better?

Last edited by a moderator: