• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My idp rookie slow draft has started

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I hold the 9th pick in the first round and first pick in the third.

Threw talking to most of the guys this is pretty much how the draft is going to go.

1. Barkley
2. Guice
3. Sony Michel
4. Freeman
5. Chubb rb
6. Roquan smith bears lb
7. Bill ilb rookie
8. Johnson Detroit.

That's gonna leave both penny who fell and Ronald Jones and kallen ballage. All guys im interested in.

Who would you pick there. Or if another guy name him too.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Jones, but in your deep IDP, I would take a hard look at Chubb.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I hold the 9th pick in the first round and first pick in the third.
Threw talking to most of the guys this is pretty much how the draft is going to go.
1. Barkley
2. Guice
3. Sony Michel
4. Freeman
5. Chubb rb
6. Roquan smith bears lb
7. Bill ilb rookie
8. Johnson Detroit.

That's gonna leave both penny who fell and Ronald Jones and kallen ballage. All guys im interested in.
Who would you pick there. Or if another guy name him too.
Think I'd go Jones. Better oline than SEA and only P. Barber in the way. .....

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jones is the pick here. Chubb will be good NFL player but not sure he will score as well in IDP.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones or Penny. I prefer Jones. Don't go IDP with all this offense on the board.

Not sure where your needs are, but I guess it's not at WR, where you have your pick.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny without a moment's hesitation. Dude should be top 3. Only other possibility would be B. Chubb but only if he's a DE and not an olb

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny without a moment's hesitation. Dude should be top 3. Only other possibility would be B. Chubb but only if he's a DE and not an olb
Everyone on here has chosen Jones except you. What are they seeing that your not? Cam you elaborate why you think that as I respect you opinion very much as well as the others.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on here has chosen Jones except you. What are they seeing that your not? Cam you elaborate why you think that as I respect you opinion very much as well as the others.
I honestly have zero clue what they're seeing. Jones is a great space back, little else. Penny a complete package..and as a first rounder is going to be given more opportunities to beat his competition. Honestly, there's still plenty of question as to whether Peyton Barber will lead the team in touches..Peyton Barber. Not many "in the know" expect Carson to put up much if a fight as the season gets going.

No idea what they're all thinking to be honest

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones can't catch, can't run routes, can't block, is to small for clock killing and goal line duty. That leaves him as a change of pace back unless he's seriously improved his receiving skills. Penny on the other hands has a very good shot at being the bell cow in Seattle even if he isn't anything flashy.

No way i would draft a defender in the first in a rookie draft unless your league has a crazy scoring system.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have zero clue what they're seeing. Jones is a great space back, little else. Penny a complete package..and as a first rounder is going to be given more opportunities to beat his competition. Honestly, there's still plenty of question as to whether Peyton Barber will lead the team in touches..Peyton Barber. Not many "in the know" expect Carson to put up much if a fight as the season gets going.
No idea what they're all thinking to be honest

Easy - no real competition, much better oline. …

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy - no real competition, much better oline. …
I'd say Peyton Barber, a prototyoical back, is more competition to a scat back like Jones, than Carson will be to Penny.
Give ya the o-line, but would counter with an infinitely better QB and an offensive system not designed around a WR.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones can't catch, can't run routes, can't block, is to small for clock killing and goal line duty. That leaves him as a change of pace back unless he's seriously improved his receiving skills. Penny on the other hands has a very good shot at being the bell cow in Seattle even if he isn't anything flashy.

No way i would draft a defender in the first in a rookie draft unless your league has a crazy scoring system.
His IDP setting are rather crazy. I don't recall the scoring system, but having, what ten IDP starters? All requiring individual positions, and not just DL, LB, and DB..but DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, and S..they do have significantly more value in his than most other idps I've been around. But yes, they're still idp's, just not quite the normal

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Peyton Barber, a prototyoical back, is more competition to a scat back like Jones, than Carson will be to Penny.
Give ya the o-line, but would counter with an infinitely better QB and an offensive system not designed around a WR.
Perhaps - time will tell. Wilson is certainly the superior QB and more likely to take the game into his own hands (or legs) - just like every yr since 'Beast Mode' left town. ....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones can't catch, can't run routes, can't block, is to small for clock killing and goal line duty. That leaves him as a change of pace back unless he's seriously improved his receiving skill.
I rely on you guys for your rookie knowledge.
Jones is listed as 6-1 and 195 lbs.
Weight-wise, he's the lightest of the rookie RB.
But height-wise, he's the tallest.
Care to elaborate?
A lot of smaller RB (both in weight and height) have done well in the NFL.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to elaborate?
I usually try not to pigeon hole backs because of body types, although there a certain shear of sheer physics behind being "big enough to handle the load" .Its more the slight frame than it is the weigjt, if he were 5'7", and 191, he'd still be "too small" be a little more bowling ball, and a little better suited to handle the impact. For comparison, TyMo is 6'0", 216, little more built, little less lanky..and he sure can't handle it either

But more for me, its his running style and what I saw in film that ell me he's much more Reggie Bush and CJ Spiller than he is a "feature" back style. And thus far, about the only guy who was in that kind of mode who was able to get the job done, is Jamaal Charles. Now maybe Jones could be, but it even took Charles awhile to get there, constantly playing second fiddle, carries wise, to Laery Johnson and Thomas Jones. Sure he outgained him..substantially, but it was split touches, and the Bucs aren't going to run 550+ times either. And he wasn't the model for dependability/availability either. When that's the best case scenario, I'm not all that thrilled, and I LOVE Charles

That's my take on his size issue

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to elaborate?

Most of my opinion of him comes from his Rotoworld his thread, a couple short film breakdowns, and Lance Zierleins write up on him. He's skinny and he doesn't avoid contact. In college he got caught in the backfield a lot and broke a ton of arm tackles i wouldn't count on him doing that as much. On the flip side he protects the ball well and is decisive with good burst and should be good for 10-15 carries on a regular basis. His upside is very limited if he doesn't improve his Alfred Morris like receiving skills(Only caught 32 passes in his 40 game college career)