• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Muffin tops

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Dav. Great find. Cant wait for Puck's incisive analysis...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice pinch leading to a 2-on-1.

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020432-640-a
He practicing his break dancing skills here or something?

These are some of the memorable ones I remember, although I can't recall the team it was against but I think it was in March when LA was pushing hard to catch up and in one game Muzzin turns it over straight to the opposing forward (might have even been SH) while on the point and he goes in and beats Quick. Kings lost the game, that's all I do remember.

LOL, Dav. Great find. Cant wait for Puck's incisive analysis...

My incisive analysis: he still sucks.

=)~~

Can't wait to see all the Muzzin ball gagging this season from some folks.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But.., but... Some guy on the internet said he is underrated.
Saw an article on tsn that rated muffin above Doughty and Chara. It had a graph showing shots in the slot against and blocks.

w1vPc7P.png[

Found it
Sorry it was good shot defender, good crease defender.
Lower right is best upper left is worse

Hickey and doughty are almost equal.

Last edited:

Kings4moreOT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Muffin is good at is making a mistake that leads to a goal or great scoring chance against

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Muffin is good at is making a mistake that leads to a goal or great scoring chance against

I think his first few years in the league, absolutely that was his trademark. While I think he still isn't that great, I will say he has improved but not to the level of knob gobbling this guy receives from Kings fans.

This is what I refer to as the J-Blow Phenomenon (I see you're new, I apologize if you're a regular/long timer/non-poster under a new name but that was the moniker I gave Modry 15 years ago. He was a terrible defender that Kings fans loved for some insane reason) where there is some crazy love affair with a player who is hailed to be a lot better than he actually is. In fact call Muzzin the "North American J-Blow". Similar builds, similar style of play, similar bonehead moves and they make them at the worst possible times.

Possession is great and all, and it increases the chances of a goal but ultimately that's what matters, holding the puck, making a play and scoring. That's what wins games right? Right - something measurable. I loved Justin Williams during his time here, and he was a possession machine, but his declining stats the last few years prove this point; while it's important and increases the chances of scoring, it doesn't guarantee anything.

I think Muzzin has developed into a decent 3-4 defender but that's about it. He isn't consistent and some of his decisions are nothing short of mind boggling.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...but.. I posted a graph and everything
Muzzin is great and Doughty is a little better than Hickey
Graphs and stats don't lie

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither does video.

=)~~

His decision making has gotten better but until I see some type of consistency from him regarding making smart decisions, I will forever cringe when he has the puck.

Nothing like a Muffin Special, like throwing the puck up the gut from the corner right in front of Quick to an opposing player, to make you remember the Kings are paying this guy $4 million a season.

Kings4moreOT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya im not that new, around for ever but my name got banned or something so I cant use it. I have not seen the decision making improvement you have and watch every game. Yes he makes some great plays at times but you can watch EVERY game and see at least 1 catastrophic decision made by him. Do others make mistakes, of course....just not to the extend as Muffin.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board new guy :heh:

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just a matter of what he does with the puck. What is horrible, are the decisions that he makes when the opposition has the puck. His position is not that great. He bites on fakes a lot and that is why he is gets out of position. He needs to learn how defend against juke players. The ones that can dance around and make it look like they have the puck on a string.