• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs Rangers

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice inning there for the M's. It gives Paxton some breathing room to hopefully go a few more innings and give the pen a bit of a break.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that was extremely smart base running play by Endy. A successful relay could have nailed both runners which would have been disastrous.

Agreed. Great veteran play. You gotta have some of that on a team this young (someone that understands what a certain play and situation means).

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game for Paxton. I was a little surprised that he was allowed to throw 120 pitches, but we'll see how, or if, that impacts him down the stretch.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game for Paxton. I was a little surprised that he was allowed to throw 120 pitches, but we'll see how, or if, that impacts him down the stretch.

A little excessive, but he was throwing some heat. Still, his control down the stretch was a bit concerning. Led me to believe his arm was wearing a bit as he was trying to pitch past everyone.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little excessive, but he was throwing some heat. Still, his control down the stretch was a bit concerning. Led me to believe his arm was wearing a bit as he was trying to pitch past everyone.

I think I heard that it was his season high pitch count, so a little fatigue at the end was to be expected in that case, but I'll be interested to see how it impacts his remaining starts.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't impact him much at all. He's young and hasn't pitched much at all this year. I don't think 118 pitches will mean much for the rest of the reason for Paxton. I'm pretty excited to have him at this point. Nice and fresh just in time to run down a playoff spot.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really expected better in this series, but looks like today's game is over already.

Well, if anything else, this should teach the M's a lesson: No matter how bad the other team is supposed to be, NEVER underestimate them.

BTW, this was before I found out about Zunino's HR. Who knows if this will wake up the other bats, but I'll be glad to be wrong if that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating game. Maybe the offense was flat or jet lagged from that Boston series.

Need to get Elias out of there. Cant have a guy learning how to pitch in a playoff race. Just plug Erasamo in there going forward. He will at least give you a better shot to get through 6 innings

Ok I was dead wrong on that.

I still don't hate the idea of pushing Felix back. I think it will prove beneficial for September but unfortunately gave us less of shot to win today. It just sucks that there isn't another reliable to plug in there. Maybe they can pick up someone through waivers the next few days

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to argue, but really not sure how pitching 2 days later makes you stronger a month or two later? Skipping starts may in theory, but the laughter of Nolan Ryan keeps ringing in my ear as he expresses what punks modern day pitchers are. :)

All I know is two changes in rotation where bad teams go 5-2 against us. Maybe just a coincidence, but there it is.

Good news is I only watched my recorded game until LoMo (the 1B/DH playing RF) caught the ball, hit the wall, and then dropped the ball for 3 runs. I then checked ESPN for final score and then deleted recording. Saved me an hour and a half of misery.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is I only watched my recorded game until LoMo (the 1B/DH playing RF) caught the ball, hit the wall, and then dropped the ball for 3 runs. I then checked ESPN for final score and then deleted recording. Saved me an hour and a half of misery.

I was a step or two ahead of you. We disconnected our DirecTV last week because it was getting damned expensive, but all the same, I never tuned in live on the computer, either.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to argue, but really not sure how pitching 2 days later makes you stronger a month or two later? Skipping starts may in theory, but the laughter of Nolan Ryan keeps ringing in my ear as he expresses what punks modern day pitchers are. :)

All I know is two changes in rotation where bad teams go 5-2 against us. Maybe just a coincidence, but there it is.

I dont disagree with being annoyed that modern day pitchers have to be babied. I miss when I was able to watch a game 20 years ago where Randy Johnson was dominating and I didnt have to worry about how many pitches he had. Now if I see Felix dominating in the 7th around 90 pitches I know he is coming out so its just not the same.

I guess I maybe just blindly have faith in LMC because he has pushed the right buttons with the pitching decisions for the most part. Maybe Im a fool. Im just not used to meaningful August or September baseball:yahoo:
Oh and yea no more Lomo in the outfield please

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree with being annoyed that modern day pitchers have to be babied. I miss when I was able to watch a game 20 years ago where Randy Johnson was dominating and I didnt have to worry about how many pitches he had. Now if I see Felix dominating in the 7th around 90 pitches I know he is coming out so its just not the same.

I guess I maybe just blindly have faith in LMC because he has pushed the right buttons with the pitching decisions for the most part. Maybe Im a fool. Im just not used to meaningful August or September baseball:yahoo:
Oh and yea no more Lomo in the outfield please

I'm with you and modern day baseball drives me nuts at times. Growing up in WA my first favorite team was the mid 70's Big Red Machine. M's were second starting in '77. M's quickly replaced the Reds as my favorite in '78 so I got use to the idea of no baseball after September and no contending baseball after April...lol. '95 spoiled me and showed you could win in Seattle and I will never forgive them for not continuing the winning ways. They trade their stud, young 1B right after they made the playoffs for the first time because they couldn't afford 5/$20M. Ug.