• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Roadtrip: May 3rd - 9th

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, here's the lineups for tonight (Wed, 5/8)

George Kirby
RHP
3-2, 3.76 ERA, 41 SO

1. Josh Rojas (L) 3B
  2. Julio Rodríguez (R) CF
  3. Jorge Polanco (S) 2B
  4. Mitch Haniger (R) RF
  5. Cal Raleigh (S) C
  6. Mitch Garver (R) DH
  7. Ty France (R) 1B
  8. Luke Raley (L) LF
  9. Dylan Moore (R) SS

===============================
Chris Paddack
RHP
3-1, 4.78 ERA, 27 SO
  1. Edouard Julien (L) 2B
  2. Carlos Correa (R) SS
  3. Trevor Larnach (L) DH
  4. Max Kepler (L) RF
  5. Jose Miranda (R) 3B
  6. Alex Kirilloff (L) 1B
  7. Willi Castro (S) CF
  8. Christian Vázquez (R) C
  9. Manuel Margot (R) LF

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners roster moves:

Eduard Bazardo, RHP, reinstated from 15-day IL.
Kirby Snead, LHP, selected from Triple-A Tacoma.
Tayler Saucedo, LHP, placed on 15-day IL.
Emerson Hancock, RHP, optioned to Tacoma.
Matt Brash, RHP, transferred to 60-day IL.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how Woo does back.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kirby's washed.

Didn't realize it was a four-game series. Best we can do now is tie it up two games apiece...

but I really don't think we'll even do that.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what they say, there is no 'O' in Seattle Mariners.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd time in a week or so we bring in Thornton late after tying it or having a lead. The first two times haven't gone well so let's see how this works out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw a little of this game, but looks like they had quite a few hits, just not clustered enough to score. Cal is still a beast.

I'm not as bothered by a game they lose when they are at least getting hits. Keep hitting and the runs will come.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lastros are 12 - 24 lol. Man are they bad so far this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol and then Haniger stumbles and nearly falls down missing an easily catchable 3rd out to make sure this game was put out of reach.

He's just bad.

Really fucking bad.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw a little of this game, but looks like they had quite a few hits, just not clustered enough to score. Cal is still a beast.

I'm not as bothered by a game they lose when they are at least getting hits. Keep hitting and the runs will come.

They got enough hits to win The game

had there not been 13 strikeouts scattered amongst all those hits, they would’ve likely produced a few more runs and had a realistic chance to win the Ballgame

You just can’t keep recording that number of strikeouts on a nightly basis and expect to produce runs. There’s a thing called: ‘Productive outs’ those productive outs, move, bass runners along, extend the innings and create opportunities for errors to be made allowing guys to get on base and a whole host of other ways to manufacture extra runs

There’s 27 outs in every single baseball game and half of those the Mariners walk back to the dugout with the bat in their hand, there’s no chance of anything happening offensively when that occurs

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a winner of a stat...

Ryan Divish

@RyanDivish
·
21m

Coming into tonight, the Mariners had struck out in 27.1% of their plate appearances with a runner on base -- the highest in all of baseball. Eight of the 13 strikeouts tonight had a runner on base. It's a tough way to live, even in modern MLB, with that issue.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outfield such a liability. Could really use Teo right now. And so many fucking hits amd.so many failures to make them.count. gross viewing.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got enough hits to win The game

had there not been 13 strikeouts scattered amongst all those hits, they would’ve likely produced a few more runs and had a realistic chance to win the Ballgame

You just can’t keep recording that number of strikeouts on a nightly basis and expect to produce runs. There’s a thing called: ‘Productive outs’ those productive outs, move, bass runners along, extend the innings and create opportunities for errors to be made allowing guys to get on base and a whole host of other ways to manufacture extra runs

There’s 27 outs in every single baseball game and half of those the Mariners walk back to the dugout with the bat in their hand, there’s no chance of anything happening offensively when that occurs
Whoa whoa whoa. What are you saying? I thought the reason why we traded or released Kelenec/Suarez/Ford/Hernandez was to reduce the overall strikeouts in the lineup? Are you saying we are still striking out at astronomical rates? (Polanco currently striking out 7th in all of MLB, JRod 14th, Big Dumpster 23rd, Haniger 31st, Garver 34th). Has Master Jerry Dipoto addressed this REDUCTION IN STRIKEOUTS AND MORE CONTACT HITTING in the lineup? I really want to get his insight on how this is working out.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa. What are you saying? I thought the reason why we traded or released Kelenec/Suarez/Ford/Hernandez was to reduce the overall strikeouts in the lineup? Are you saying we are still striking out at astronomical rates? (Polanco currently striking out 7th in all of MLB, JRod 14th, Big Dumpster 23rd, Haniger 31st, Garver 34th). Has Master Jerry Dipoto addressed this REDUCTION IN STRIKEOUTS AND MORE CONTACT HITTING in the lineup? I really want to get his insight on how this is working out.
I thought I knew baseball, but this is a head scratcher. How can player after player after player end up being the same guy? Average goes down, power is zapped, K's are all-time highs. I just don't get it.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I knew baseball, but this is a head scratcher. How can player after player after player end up being the same guy? Average goes down, power is zapped, K's are all-time highs. I just don't get it.

It does defy logical thinking, and goes against every aspect of ‘statistical averages and probabilities’ one could ever compile and analyze

The only rational conclusion one could draw from watching the same thing happen time and time again throughout Mariners history is simply this;

The organization, the clubhouse, the coaches pretty much everywhere and everything related to Seattle Mariners baseball from parking garage attendants to the head of baseball operations, and every single person in between…. Has either; witnessed or bred and manifested a culture of losing and substandard play and decision making relating to the game for so long. It has spun itself into some sort of curse that strikes ( no pun intended ) anyone and everyone that steps onto the playing field or is hired for any position within the organization.

We just may have to haul Dipoto and a few others to the summit of Mount Rainier and sacrifice them to ‘reverse the curse’

If anyone wants to start a GoFundMe page I’ll chip in $20 to make it happen and provide some zip ties I have laying around in the garage.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anybody who keeps up with ex-Mariners,

Mike Ford has been playing for the Reds minors and doing well. He opted out of his minor league contract last week. Good tactic from him since the Reds are struggling offensively and have lost 6 in a row. So they signed him to a Major League contract yesterday.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for today’s game is Mariners take 5 to 2 Julio gets off the snide with his home, runs and goes yard at least one time

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it is the new emphasis that, started when the sabermetrics guy took over the game, on launch angle and hard hit rate has a huge impact. Much like how emphasis on high velocity over control has changed pitching. Trying to hit a home run every time is hurting hitters. Two rules that Manfred changed were basically because of sabermetrics guys hating steals and singles.

When they encourage lefties to go up there with a massive shift on them, and still only try to pull the ball it just IMO shows the emphasis is on power instead of trying to do anything possible to score a run.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for today’s game is Mariners take 5 to 2 Julio gets off the snide with his home, runs and goes yard at least one time

Well, the twins have plated it at least four runs in the bottom of the first so scratch my prediction

That umpire really squeezed Gilbert on a couple pitches that caused the big inning partly

It’s now 5-0

Last edited:

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one may be over already.