• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Roadtrip: May 3rd - 9th

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's final 10-6...
Mariners stay,..alive...for know..
Lololo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock huard ,.seattle.710..

Pete Alonzo...no.
Tyler Locklear...

.ulmax..Agreed.on.locklear.

Hancock has gotten this far..
But could use more AAA ..
Before the league jumps on him....
Standard for me. Has always .been..8..starting ..
Pitchers...
Mariners seem to have 7..

We.dont quit know ...yet..

castillo..
Kerby..
Gilbert..
Miller .
Woo....

Hancock..
Diaz..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grass..is really..not.
Greener ..
It's just the mariners..are winning right know .
And ..Mets..are not...
And the athletic...is in new York..

Not Seattle..

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They finally did damage with bases loaded and no outs.

Had a few innings of stringing together hits and runs.

Hopefully they can build off a game like this and have a few guys get hot at the dish.

Sauce injury looked real bad at the time. Hope it's not an extended absence.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be really quite and boring around here when the Mariners are winning.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, people now aren't allowed to have lives outside of here or risk being challenged on their Fandom by other fans.

Really, that's stupid. The same group of us are here all season whether they win or lose.

We are in fact allowed by contract to not respond up here after all 162 games though. It's OK to do family shit.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Felix or RJ ever started a season as strongly as Gilbert has this year?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, people now aren't allowed to have lives outside of here or risk being challenged on their Fandom by other fans.

Really, that's stupid. The same group of us are here all season whether they win or lose.

We are in fact allowed by contract to not respond up here after all 162 games though. It's OK to do family shit.
I'm lost.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be really quiet and boring around here when the Mariners are winning.
It’s pretty hard for some of us to make legitimate statements on the team when we have kids playing at the same time as the Mariners since Root doesn’t have an app you can watch the game. And F FUBO

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the post above the one you quoted?
I get it now. And no, I blocked that weirdo a long time ago. Just a garden variety M's ownership/Dipoto bobblehead. Before him, it was tons of idiots cultivated by Nintendo. They're all the same for the past 30 years, but most have gravitated to the M's reddit board or social media now. Way back when, it was fun seeing them just yap away vapidly on the old ESPN boards.

You could literally copy and paste what "superfans" of Nintendo/Jack Z were saying back then and it would be what seattlefan is saying. Of course, the same is true of realists. The difference is, we've been proven right every year except 2 of the past 25.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it now. And no, I blocked that weirdo a long time ago. Just a garden variety M's ownership/Dipoto bobblehead. Before him, it was tons of idiots cultivated by Nintendo. They're all the same for the past 30 years, but most have gravitated to the M's reddit board or social media now. Way back when, it was fun seeing them just yap away vapidly on the old ESPN boards.

You could literally copy and paste what "superfans" of Nintendo/Jack Z were saying back then and it would be what seattlefan is saying. Of course, the same is true of realists. The difference is, we've been proven right every year except 2 of the past 25.
There may be fans out there that aren't happy to see the team win anyway, despite their yearly issues, but I haven't seen them up here.

I find it funny a guy that basically only comes here when the M's win is taking about fans not being here when they win.

I've said all along I hope they get lucky and find a way into the post season no matter how they get there. Can't think of anyone else up here that wouldn't be elated to see them make a WS.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people you're talking about are so vacuous in thought and insipid in spirit that they're genuinely happy with 2 playoff berths in a quarter century, and "almost" making it two in a row last year.

I've been a fan for 30 years. Moved to WA State from California in '93 when I was 17, back when M's games were broadcast on Fox Sports. The first night I was flipping through channels feeling pretty bummed about being away from everybody I knew, and bam, I clicked onto an M's game right in the middle of Dave calling a home run for Griffey and then Jay or Edgar hit another one on the next pitch or something, and I was hooked.

Didn't miss a game between then and joining the Marine Corps in 97. Drove to the Bainbridge Island Ferry to get to M's games at the Kingdome more times than I can count. Was in the stands for the double in 95 which quite literally saved baseball in the pacific northwest and turned us legitimately into a baseball town.

When I was at boot camp, the highlight of every Sunday was the clips my dad sent me of articles about the M's and MLB standings.

Got out of the Marines in April of 2001, started college the day I got home, and was doing PreCalc and Chem homework to M's games during a bunch of that magical season. Started doing the Bainbridge Island Ferry regularly again and saw at least 20 games in the stands that year...the first time was glorious after so many years of having only seen them in the Kingdome where you literally had to be worried about the roof falling on you. That was a 3 hour roundtrip drive, and I was a starving college student, but I had to fucking go.

I've only gone to a couple of games at the Safe/T-Mobile since then and it's not because I "don't want them to win a WS". Even if it weren't a 6 hour round trip with a drive over a mountain range I still wouldn't go. Why the fuck would any fan ever need to explain why after seeing a quarter century of shit show central during that time? What kind of moron thinks this is the sign of a team on their way to ever winning a WS? You're fucking stupid if you think that. Just a fucking idiot.

You think I don't want to see a WS win? Fuck you, kid lol.