• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More on Vernon Adams.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon transfer QB Vernon Adams looking to lead Ducks to glory - College Football - SI.com

Former Oregon State coach Mike Riley, now at Nebraska, watched the film of the Washington game and shook his head. “We all made a mistake,” Riley said in November. “How does a kid like that slip through the cracks? I have to admit, after watching what he did to Washington, I felt a little better: It wasn’t just us.”

Dean Herrington tried to tell every Pac-12 recruiter who came through Bishop Alemany that he had another star in the making, if they would just ignore his size. Herrington had tutored former NFL starters Matt Moore and Kyle Boller, but the coach’s pleas fell on deaf ears. “I was pissed,” Herrington says. “The next few years, when Vernon was at Eastern, all those coaches would come through the school and say, ‘Man, he’s ripping it up.’ I didn’t say anything but in my head I’m thinking, ‘Yeah, I told you he would.’

Alemany lost to prep power Oaks Christian 28-17 in the first game of Adams’s junior season in ’09. Adams studied that film for the next year; in ’10, before the rematch, he brought Herrington a 55-page notebook meticulously detailed with every play his team had run, adding notes about what worked and what didn’t. Days later, behind passing and rushing scores from Adams, Alemany beat Oaks Christian 20-17.

“I’m tired of being close, and I know Oregon is tired of being close,” Adams says. “Maybe we can get over that hump together.”

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very very good chance oregon produces it's second heisman for the second straight year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everyone I've heard is Adams has a better arm than Mariota....double check Mariotas TD to int ratio and then your jaw will drop to hear this guy is better.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everyone I've heard is Adams has a better arm than Mariota....double check Mariotas TD to int ratio and then your jaw will drop to hear this guy is better.

Exactly. He is "Legendary" in the state of Washington.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really see this kid as a Masoli type with a stronger arm. I just hope he can adapt. With as many weapons as he will have this year, he really just needs to be a leader and distribute the ball. If he runs for more than 600 yards, he has not done his job and it probably means we lose 2-3 games. Just my opinion

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really see this kid as a Masoli type with a stronger arm. I just hope he can adapt. With as many weapons as he will have this year, he really just needs to be a leader and distribute the ball. If he runs for more than 600 yards, he has not done his job and it probably means we lose 2-3 games. Just my opinion

Could be. The take up here from the Husky fans is that he's Russell Wilson 2.0. You should see the down looks on their faces when I mention his name. CLASSIC!! :pound: