• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mooney and Kmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 receptions for 5 yards COMBINED after 2 games.

Can that even be excused? These are our 2 primary receiving weapons, right?

The Kmet thing really bothers me...We had a sick run game going last night from the onset and doesn't that normally mean some solid playaction to the TE?

Mooney I can understand more because Monsoon in game 1 and Alexander in game 2...but still...5 f*cking yards total?

Cracks in the foundation forming re: these two players' talent and/or our coaching staff's abilities? Obviously too early to render a final verdict...but this has to be a point of skepticism at the very least.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Kmet thing really bothers me...We had a sick run game going last night from the onset and doesn't that normally mean some solid playaction to the TE?

Mooney I can understand more because Monsoon in game 1 and Alexander in game 2...but still...5 f*cking yards total?

Cracks in the foundation forming re: these two players' talent and/or our coaching staff's abilities? Obviously too early to render a final verdict...but this has to be a point of skepticism at the very least.
No argument at all. 3rd rate performances last night.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you drop back to throw 16 times and are hit on 8 of them....I don't really expect the offensive stats for anyone to be great.

Kmet isn't a good receiver. Never has been....likely never will be. If he is schemed open he will catch it. Otherwise you can forget about it. And he isn't a good route runner so he's not getting open on his own.

I like Mooney but he's not a game breaker, not really a difference maker at all. If the offense is flowing and he gets one on one chances he can have good games but he isn't wrecking any secondaries. If the protection is there and theres time to throw he might have a good game here and there. Other than that he's your average run of the mill NFL receiver.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I praised our team for getting Kmet involved in the passing game during the preseason,now they gone by the way side of that......

Right not Eburfluss has not shown anything to wareant a pat on the back,along with Poles.......
Our oline is horrible at pass blocking,but do a nice job of run blocking.......but that does no good when we have to play from behind....

We lose to the Texans next weekend,which I earlier thought was gonna be our first win,then Im really gonna hate on our staff......and Im 50/50.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 4th down call was Nagy-esque. :L

Nobody on the planet would have blinked an eye if we had either just pounded it with Montgomery or QB sneaked it there. It would have sucked to get stuffed in either situation, but we all would have understood as the former would have made sense with how well Monty was toting the rock and the latter is just kind of the go to in that situation.

But no...We always HAVE to have the "smartest guy in the room" running the show despite having consistently one of the worst offenses in football.

It's f*cking maddening. I don't care what bullsh*t percentages you have behind your decision (and I question their accuracy regarding this kind of situation anyway) Most of whatever that 70+% number being tossed around for shotgun plays from the 1 are assuredly rollouts/pass plays moreso than QB draws up the middle.

You do sh*t like that if you are a strong offensive/winning team that has been there done that to throw the other team off. It's fine as a one of. But when you can't f*cking score for sh*t? Just stick to the goddamn basics. Getsy should get a swift kick in the nuts for that call.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody on the planet would have blinked an eye if we had either just pounded it with Montgomery or QB sneaked it there. It would have sucked to get stuffed in either situation, but we all would have understood as the former would have made sense with how well Monty was toting the rock and the latter is just kind of the go to in that situation.

But no...We always HAVE to have the "smartest guy in the room" running the show despite having consistently one of the worst offenses in football.

It's f*cking maddening. I don't care what bullsh*t percentages you have behind your decision (and I question their accuracy regarding this kind of situation anyway) Most of whatever that 70+% number being tossed around for shotgun plays from the 1 are assuredly rollouts/pass plays moreso than QB draws up the middle.

You do sh*t like that if you are a strong offensive/winning team that has been there done that to throw the other team off. It's fine as a one of. But when you can't f*cking score for sh*t? Just stick to the goddamn basics. Getsy should get a swift kick in the nuts for that call.
Teams with mobile QB's actually make a massive and reoccurring habit out of that playcall. Allen, Hurts, Jackson, etc. Newton when he played. You see it constantly.

I may have preferred to see Monty get the ball there. However, the call was fine and not worth much of a fuss, IMO.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams with mobile QB's actually make a massive and reoccurring habit out of that playcall. Allen, Hurts, Jackson, etc. Newton when he played. You see it constantly.

I may have preferred to see Monty get the ball there. However, the call was fine and not worth much of a fuss, IMO.

Teams that have sniffed the endzone on a consistent, normal basis. We can't score for sh*t so that being a dumbass call is magnified. You can't put us on a scale with any average or better offense, because we aren't on a scale with them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was worth a fuss,cause it was dumb as shit........Hell,all the talk shows commented how dumb that was.

Youre probably the one that doesnt think so.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mooney but he's not a game breaker, not really a difference maker at all. If the offense is flowing and he gets one on one chances he can have good games but he isn't wrecking any secondaries. If the protection is there and theres time to throw he might have a good game here and there. Other than that he's your average run of the mill NFL receiver.

What??? This is a complete 180 from comparing Mooney to Tyreek Hill. Holy bananas. What a complete idiot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading the beards board. Just to see one special person, make a fool of themselves regularly.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What??? This is a complete 180 from comparing Mooney to Tyreek Hill. Holy bananas. What a complete idiot.

Never compared him to Hill. Someone else did. And I said it wasn’t a terrible comparison due to Mooneys route running ability.

Tell me again about how good John Fox is gonna be for the Bears.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never compared him to Hill. Someone else did. And I said it wasn’t a terrible comparison due to Mooneys route running ability.

Tell me again about how good John Fox is gonna be for the Bears.
Hey, I was the one who 'compared' Mooney to Hill a couple of years back, but there also was a ton of context to it. First off I referred to Mooney as Hill LITE, as in he really wasn't as good as Hill, but they shared some of the same rookie stats and physical features. I went on to say that Mooney wouldn't be able to match Hill's stats from his sophomore year on, as Hill's second season on is when he really started to blow it up. But leave it to dipshit to take things out of context when trying to make an argument.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I was the one who 'compared' Mooney to Hill a couple of years back, but there also was a ton of context to it. First off I referred to Mooney as Hill LITE, as in he really wasn't as good as Hill, but they shared some of the same rookie stats and physical features.
There is absolutely no resemblance between Mooney and Tyreek Hill you dolts. To even suggest these two players are in the same stratosphere shows why you two morons represents the board's dumbest. Whatever scenarios and context needed to make this comparison "work" would also work when comparing Hill to Velus Jones. Fucking idiots.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet with 3 TDs in the last 2 games.

Hey @BearsWillWin, will you tell us how shitty the front 4 is? lulz

Kmet is still exactly what I said he is. Good blocker. Okay pass catcher. Bad route runner. Good for some YAC. 3 touchdowns in 2 games after never finding the endzone in two years. I’d hold off on creating his bust for Canton.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no resemblance between Mooney and Tyreek Hill you dolts. To even suggest these two players are in the same stratosphere shows why you two morons represents the board's dumbest. Whatever scenarios and context needed to make this comparison "work" would also work when comparing Hill to Velus Jones. Fucking idiots.

Well we can't all watch 60 minutes and then decide how great of a coach John Fox would be for the Bears.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet is still exactly what I said he is. Good blocker. Okay pass catcher. Bad route runner. Good for some YAC. 3 touchdowns in 2 games after never finding the endzone in two years. I’d hold off on creating his bust for Canton.
Gotta love him truckin the fuck outta that DB yesterday.
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love him truckin the fuck outta that DB yesterday.
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

He's a tough runner. Puts his shoulder down and has no problem driving through people.

It's not that I don't like the guy. Love his attitude...love his toughness. Just hate that Bears fans want or think he can be something he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.