• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montero chases a scout at Class A

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Mariners' Jesus Montero gets into altercation with scout - ESPN

In my opinion, if everything is true, good for Montero. Should he have reacted exactly how he did, probably not. Should he have reacted, hell yeah. That scout is a douche and deserved some sort of retaliation. Bring that fire to the M's now and add another bat for the playoff run.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him, that's such crap from the scout. Hope he receive discipline, that crap shouldn't be tolerated.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally unprofessional of the scout ESPECIALLY since he works for the Mariners! The D-bag needs to be fired, ASAP.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the scout was getting on Montero for being lazy.

I think it's hilarious

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I'll grant it wasn't very professional by the scout (especially since he works for the team), I have to say the ice cream sandwich was pretty funny.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is messed up by the scout but it is pretty funny...

Doesn't it seem like there is always something strange happening with Montero.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get Jack's comments on it. He all but says Montero needs to be in rehab but he is waiting for the investigation to comment on the scout.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the same time montero shouldnt have gone into into the stands with his bat threatening him with kids and adults watching. he should have just thrown that ice cream at him and walked away

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scout has history of stupid stuff. Was thrown out of a high school game while scouting years ago and was fired by the Reds in his last job for writing a blog about life as a scout after being told to stop by his team.

If true, good for Montero. Plus he got some needed exercise climbing the steps to go after the scout.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the scout did was funny, yet wrong. It is hard to blame Montero for the way he reacted. Some of us may have just laughed it off, others (such as Montero) would take it as a serious insult against his dignity.

Montero should have handled it differently, but I can't blame him for flipping out at the guy. That is extremely rude and disrespectful, even though it is funny.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the scout did was funny, yet wrong. It is hard to blame Montero for the way he reacted. Some of us may have just laughed it off, others (such as Montero) would take it as a serious insult against his dignity.

Montero should have handled it differently, but I can't blame him for flipping out at the guy. That is extremely rude and disrespectful, even though it is funny.

I think most people can agree the premise of it was funny if it weren't a professional setting where one guy has been berated with fat jokes by the organization.

Montero should have handled it different but can anyone blame him? I think luckily it played out the way it did. Had Montero bottled it up the way people say he should have, there could have been something serious in the locker room after the game.

And I still think Jack fudged up the handling of it publically. If the scout has a job by the end of the year it would be another black mark on the organization.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a conspiracy here. I think Jack, who hates Montero, sent the scout with the bad rep to Boise to push Montero's buttons so he could banish him once and for all. Jack wins again. I wonder if he was anywhere near that grassy knoll?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a conspiracy here. I think Jack, who hates Montero, sent the scout with the bad rep to Boise to push Montero's buttons so he could banish him once and for all. Jack wins again. I wonder if he was anywhere near that grassy knoll?

Something does seem fishy with the way he said the scout was sent up but couldn't comment until all the facts came out but at the same time ripping on Montero mental health. Why is it no comment on the guy everyone says started it but Montero needs help dealing with some undisclosed mental issues. It seems weird that Montero has some serious issues yet no beat writer has mentioned a thing.

Like I said I think it was best that it played out that way. Fights can get ugly in the locker room and I'm pretty sure that scout would be in the hospital had he handled it in house.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something does seem fishy with the way he said the scout was sent up but couldn't comment until all the facts came out but at the same time ripping on Montero mental health. Why is it no comment on the guy everyone says started it but Montero needs help dealing with some undisclosed mental issues. It seems weird that Montero has some serious issues yet no beat writer has mentioned a thing.

Like I said I think it was best that it played out that way. Fights can get ugly in the locker room and I'm pretty sure that scout would be in the hospital had he handled it in house.

I agree and thought the same thing. Talking about a players condition, especially mental condition, is actually illegal w/o their consent. He didn't say it directly so that may be how he gets away with it, but there is no doubt that is what he was inferring. Just another odd day in Mariner land.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and thought the same thing. Talking about a players condition, especially mental condition, is actually illegal w/o their consent. He didn't say it directly so that may be how he gets away with it, but there is no doubt that is what he was inferring. Just another odd day in Mariner land.

Ya, don't think Jack could get in trouble since he never actually said what was wrong with him. But his comments just left me thinking WTF? Though is if I were Montero and the M's fire that scout but don't make a public statement about it, I'd throw a ice cream sandwich at Jack's face.

Is it too hard to say his actions are unacceptable so he isn't playing for the Mariners the rest of the season? One thing the Mariners have been exceptional at is PR, and Jack handled this about as poorly as one could IMO. There is no need to talk about him like he just tried killing himself or did something that we as fans need to remember he is a father and husband before we judge him. The Ravens weren't that harsh to Ray Rice publicly.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately a great sign for the M's org. If we can just have our 3rd base coach waving an ice cream bar and scream, "HERE FATTY!" we should see a lot of triples out of Montero.