• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montana 13 , #20University of Washington 7

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am not.

Go on, contact your people at USC, convince them to schedule NDSU. I dare you. lol

Yes you are. You've tried to present these upsets as some kind of common occurrence, yet all you've proven is that they aren't.

Now you're trying to deflect to something that isn't being discussed.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are. You've tried to present these upsets as some kind of common occurrence, yet all you've proven is that they aren't.

Now you're trying to deflect to something that isn't being discussed.
14 upsets A YEAR is not common?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. The discussion was re: FCS schools upsetting top 20 P5 schools is a common occurrence. Your post had nothing to do with that.
Of course it does. A Top 20 opponent in week #1 means nothing. Just because some writers vote for them doesn't establish them
as a Top 20 team. BTW, I never wrote that it was a common occurrence.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it does. A Top 20 opponent in week #1 means nothing. Just because some writers vote for them doesn't establish them
as a Top 20 team. BTW, I never wrote that it was a common occurrence.

Of course it doesn't. An FCS team beating a top 20 team in week 1 absolutely does mean something. Not as much as a win later in the year would, but they absolutely mean something. For example, Washington dropped much farther than they would had they lost to even a solid G5 team like a Fresno St. or someone.

I never said you did. I told you that's what the discussion was about.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 20 ranked teams don't play FCS teams, they are SCARED TO.

After Michigan, #5 ranked at the time, got beat, most avoid those kinds of opponents. Some conferences don't even allow those kinds of matchups.
Do you even know college football? Top ranked teams don’t play FCS schools? I mean it’s not hard to just go look at the top 10 in 2019 and disprove top teams don’t play FCS schools.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even know college football? Top ranked teams don’t play FCS schools? I mean it’s not hard to just go look at the top 10 in 2019 and disprove top teams don’t play FCS schools.
Well, sure they play the crappy FCS schools, but they try to avoid the good ones. When they don't, they often regret it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, sure they play the crappy FCS schools, but they try to avoid the good ones. When they don't, they often regret it.
So you change from they don’t play to they play “top FCS” teams. Washington has played Montana a few times in the past 5 years so again you are wrong. Eastern Washington and Montana get Washington and UW essentially every other year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll see. Michigan was a hot mess last year and used covid to duck two losses. They’ve only played a Mac school. When a real team shows up that will tell the story.
True, but they did beat that Mac school where UW couldn't get past that juggernaut Montana team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. There's been two things washington fans have hyped in the past two - three seasons ( covid fucks up shit). Their defense. They were and have for a while bragged about their defense and the QB room. Once Browning left They have been saying they not only had a great starter ready but a couple just as good . I know I skipped the covid season on this board for the most part but I know what I'm saying is true. So i'm kinda shocked the with the reality.
Over the last few season UW has had a very good defense. Top 5? Probably not, but good enough to compete week in and week out. The QBs brought in were high up on the prospect list and I get why fans were gitty but I need to see them on the field before I say this kid has a shot to be top 10 in the country.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last few season UW has had a very good defense. Top 5? Probably not, but good enough to compete week in and week out. The QBs brought in were high up on the prospect list and I get why fans were gitty but I need to see them on the field before I say this kid has a shot to be top 10 in the country.

Hiring Donovan was a disaster

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the hire cause over here I've seen enough PSU games where the offense struggled
But it is more on the HC than the OC. The OC is hated by a crap load of fan bases but every play call goes through Lake’s headset and every game plan has to get the ok from him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it is more on the HC than the OC. The OC is hated by a crap load of fan bases but every play call goes through Lake’s headset and every game plan has to get the ok from him.
Don't get me wrong, Lake doesn't get to skate freely but he has to trust the OC's game plan. Now that it failed, regroup and come up with something better.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you change from they don’t play to they play “top FCS” teams. Washington has played Montana a few times in the past 5 years so again you are wrong. Eastern Washington and Montana get Washington and UW essentially every other year.

That's because FDF has no point.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, Lake doesn't get to skate freely but he has to trust the OC's game plan. Now that it failed, regroup and come up with something better.

Agree. At this level, HC's are more CEO than actual coach. At the P5 level, it's about being able/willing to adjust and hiring the right assistant coaches. Depending on how the rest of the season goes, Lake may have some decisions to make at the end of the season.

I've said before that USC's run during the Pete Carroll era had much more to do with his ability to find and hire assistant coaches who could keep up with/ahead of what was happening with game of college football than his actual ability to coach. If an assistant wasn't getting the job done, PC had no problem moving on from him. That, imo, is one of the biggest differences between him and Helton...Helton has been too loyal to assistants who weren't getting the job done.

I'd say it's the same with Saban and Alabama. Saban will rail against the changes that he thinks are "ruining the sport", then go out and hire coaches who specialize in the very thing he was complaining about.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. At this level, HC's are more CEO than actual coach. At the P5 level, it's about being able/willing to adjust and hiring the right assistant coaches. Depending on how the rest of the season goes, Lake may have some decisions to make at the end of the season.

I've said before that USC's run during the Pete Carroll era had much more to do with his ability to find and hire assistant coaches who could keep up with/ahead of what was happening with game of college football than his actual ability to coach. If an assistant wasn't getting the job done, PC had no problem moving on from him. That, imo, is one of the biggest differences between him and Helton...Helton has been too loyal to assistants who weren't getting the job done.

I'd say it's the same with Saban and Alabama. Saban will rail against the changes that he thinks are "ruining the sport", then go out and hire coaches who specialize in the very thing he was complaining about.
Totally agree.