• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montana 13 , #20University of Washington 7

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Oregon getting a major beat down. This is the Cristobal offense. Run up the middle exclusively and short throws. It's horrible.
I feel the same with UW if things don't change. Michigan will eat their lunch.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever checked out the PAC12 thread in the past three years? It was one kid after another who was killing it and how were they going to manage three QBs coming in who could be great.
There's too many posts for me to look back through since I don't view it everyday. I will say every fan of every team has high hopes when landing a high 4 or 5 star recruit to brag about. I like landing those recruits but before I claim he's the savior of the program, I need to see it on the field.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same with UW if things don't change. Michigan will eat their lunch.
We’ll see. Michigan was a hot mess last year and used covid to duck two losses. They’ve only played a Mac school. When a real team shows up that will tell the story.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Dakota gave Kansas a tough test only losing by 3,

Unless it was basketball, that's not very impressive.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but it is an incorrect point. Montana is always a Top 20 FCS team.
Their starting players, many of them, could compete at the FBS level.

There is a big difference between beating a G5 level Div. 1 team or even a perennial bottom feeder P5 team like Vandy or Kansas and beating a top 20 P5 Div. 1 program like Washington is supposed to be. I don't care if that FCS school is a perennial top 20 school in FCS, they should not be able to beat a top 20 P5 school.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's too many posts for me to look back through since I don't view it everyday. I will say every fan of every team has high hopes when landing a high 4 or 5 star recruit to brag about. I like landing those recruits but before I claim he's the savior of the program, I need to see it on the field.
lol. There's been two things washington fans have hyped in the past two - three seasons ( covid fucks up shit). Their defense. They were and have for a while bragged about their defense and the QB room. Once Browning left They have been saying they not only had a great starter ready but a couple just as good . I know I skipped the covid season on this board for the most part but I know what I'm saying is true. So i'm kinda shocked the with the reality.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a big difference between beating a G5 level Div. 1 team or even a perennial bottom feeder P5 team like Vandy or Kansas and beating a top 20 P5 Div. 1 program like Washington is supposed to be. I don't care if that FCS school is a perennial top 20 school in FCS, they should not be able to beat a top 20 P5 school.

You know that's not true, right?

2016 NDSU beat #13 ranked Iowa, 2013 E Washington beat #25 Oregon St, 2013 James Madison beat #13 Virginia Tech, 2007 App St beat #5 Michigan.

Oregon St, Colorado, Oregon St again, Washington St and now Washington have all lost to FCS teams in the last decade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that's not true, right?

2016 NDSU beat #13 ranked Iowa, 2013 E Washington beat #25 Oregon St, 2013 James Madison beat #13 Virginia Tech, 2007 App St beat #5 Michigan.

Oregon St, Colorado, Oregon St again, Washington St and now Washington have all lost to FCS teams in the last decade.

You know that one offs and outliers don't help you, right?

You know that Oregon St. and Washington St. are perennial bottom feeders, right?

You know that Colorado has also been a bottom feeder for the past several years, right? The last time they finished in the top 20 was 2016 when the went 10-4. Outside of that season, their cumulative record in the PAC-12 is 33-71. Looks like the last time before that was 2003 when they were in the Big12.

You know the difference between a perennial P5 bottom feeder and a top 20 P5 program, right?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a horrible loss. The coaching was pathetic and deserves all of the blame. If Lake doesn't wake up his tenure will be a short one.

Every year ranked opponents get upset by lowly schools. This year just happens to be UW's year to get nutkicked.

So go ahead and gloat. It is deserved, and trolls gonna troll.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know that Oregon St. and Washington St. are perennial bottom feeders, right?

You know that Colorado has also been a bottom feeder for the past several years, right? The last time they finished in the top 20 was 2016 when the went 10-4. Outside of that season, their cumulative record in the PAC-12 is 33-71. Looks like the last time before that was 2003 when they were in the Big12.

You know the difference between a perennial P5 bottom feeder and a top 20 P5 program, right?
Hey, we haven’t finished in last place since like 2011 or something.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Div 1AA/FCS teams have beaten Div 1A/FBS teams around 600 times since 1978. That's close to 15 wins a year.

And Oregon St was ranked 25th that one year it lost. And fine, Colorado has been a bottom feeder recently. But were they when they lost to an FCS team?

And most Top 20 P5 programs avoid playing FCS teams, or at least any of the good ones. I will give Oregon credit for having the stones to schedule NDSU last year. Too bad the game never got played.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 20 ranked teams?

No.

Then you have no point.
Top 20 ranked teams don't play FCS teams, they are SCARED TO.

After Michigan, #5 ranked at the time, got beat, most avoid those kinds of opponents. Some conferences don't even allow those kinds of matchups.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody said they should be able to beat a top 20 FBS team...but many people have always said..."There'sa reason why we play the
game.." Upsets are a part of the game of football. The reasons for the upsets are numerous. The FBS school isn't focused. They're
fat-headed. The FCS opponent is focused on the task at hand. There are distinct levels at different FCS leagues. Moreso than in FBS.
A MVC school has nowhere near the same material and talent as a team from the Pioneer League or Patriot League. Northern Iowa
plays Iowa St in odd numbered years and Iowa in even numbered years. They compete with both. They are not in awe of either
one of their Bigger Brothers.

North Dakota State doesn't care who thy are playing. They just come to play.

NDSU might give up 20 pounds per man to an FBS school and give up a step in speed to them...but a Duquense squad os gonna
give up 40 pounds per man and 3 steps. You can coach around the 20lb difference and the step in speed. Not much you can do
when you're 40 lbs down per man and 3 steps.

I could probably pick 40 FBS schools I would rather open with than North Dakota State. There is a difference between playing
with athletes and playing with football players. A big difference.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said they should be able to beat a top 20 FBS team...but many people have always said..."There'sa reason why we play the
game.." Upsets are a part of the game of football. The reasons for the upsets are numerous. The FBS school isn't focused. They're
fat-headed. The FCS opponent is focused on the task at hand. There are distinct levels at different FCS leagues. Moreso than in FBS.
A MVC school has nowhere near the same material and talent as a team from the Pioneer League or Patriot League. Northern Iowa
plays Iowa St in odd numbered years and Iowa in even numbered years. They compete with both. They are not in awe of either
one of their Bigger Brothers.

North Dakota State doesn't care who thy are playing. They just come to play.

NDSU might give up 20 pounds per man to an FBS school and give up a step in speed to them...but a Duquense squad os gonna
give up 40 pounds per man and 3 steps. You can coach around the 20lb difference and the step in speed. Not much you can do
when you're 40 lbs down per man and 3 steps.

I could probably pick 40 FBS schools I would rather open with than North Dakota State. There is a difference between playing
with athletes and playing with football players. A big difference.

And all of this has what to do with what I posted?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A #5, two #13's and a #20 ranked team have now lost to FCS teams in just the last what? 15 years?

3 of those happened in just the last 8 years.

lol

And? All you're doing is proving my point.