• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early and a lot can and will change between now, the end of the season and draft day - But here is the latest CBS sports mock draft.

If the Fins can actually get Melvin Gordon - that would just be sick - especially that far down in the first round. I think the kid is worth of top 15 - anything later is a steal.

NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early and a lot can and will change between now, the end of the season and draft day - But here is the latest CBS sports mock draft.

If the Fins can actually get Melvin Gordon - that would just be sick - especially that far down in the first round. I think the kid is worth of top 15 - anything later is a steal.

NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Paolo,

Gordon has been impressive yet there are quality RB's that could be picked later in the draft to compliment L Miller. The Fins are 12th in the NFL now at running the ball & only 23rd at passing the ball. I'm not sure what happened with D. Williams. He showed some potential for the Fins yet he hasn't played much recently. The Fins have a greater need at RT, CB, and LB. Also a receiver or TE with more of a catching radius could help Tannehill and the offense.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo,

Gordon has been impressive yet there are quality RB's that could be picked later in the draft to compliment L Miller. The Fins are 12th in the NFL now at running the ball & only 23rd at passing the ball. I'm not sure what happened with D. Williams. He showed some potential for the Fins yet he hasn't played much recently. The Fins have a greater need at RT, CB, and LB. Also a receiver or TE with more of a catching radius could help Tannehill and the offense.

Regarding RT as a draft need: Hopefully B. Albert recovers well and plays good again at LT. That would enable James to play at RT. The Fins were fine on the edges of the Oline before Alberts' injury. They may be best served to add a solid veteran for depth through FA. They need to have a veteran OT backup that they can trust. At this point CB would be my top choice for the Fins' first pick unless there is greater value at another position like LB. I think a big run stuffing DT could also help the team also especially if they lose Odrick to free agency. He's very versatile as a DT. DT Starks has not been solid verse the run.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo,

I would say this: I think we have a nice corps of linebackers...Tripp, Jenkins, Shelby, Misi, etc.-perhaps look at free agency & possibly sign another good veteran if the price is right. Definitely need another good tight end....maybe Simms is our guy, maybe get one in FA or the draft. Definitely draft another promising corner(or 2) in the later rounds. OFFENSIVE LINE PLEASE!!!!!! I know it won't draw a lot of accolades or win fans' hearts, but our biggest need as of this moment is the O-line, absolutely no exceptions. When our line was doing well(before Albert got hurt), our running game flourished, our passing game was starting to gel, Tannehill was a nightmare to defend with the read option. Dallas Thomas either needs to hit the waiver wire or ride the pine, end of story. We need AT LEAST another good starter, possibly two for a solid offensive line. I say we go BPA in the 1st, look for another good tackle/guard in the second. FINALLY get rid of Wheeler/Ellerby(Thanks Ireland, once again). I would think awful hard about trading Wallace for a Coke and a can of beans. It will be very interesting to see the direction Hickey will go to improve this team.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon would be a waste pick with the O line he would have. Lets focus on needs, O line, secondary should be first up

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying don't draft secondary but you guys have to realize how many guys are injured. Taylor was starting to look like a starter when in for Fin. Davis should take another step next year as well. Not sure about Delmas but he was great all year and Thomas was improving every week.

Anyway not as urgent of a need as oline. They need a G maybe two but hard to take one in the first unless they trade back. They can't take a T as you don't want a 1st rounder on the bench but yes take one later again.

First round I go BPA or trade back. A stud WR, TE or MLB wouldn't be a bad thing to add to this team. Fill the other holes in FA and later in the draft. It's not an impossible task and the depth should be even better next year to overcome some of the BS that they're facing this year...well to be honest difficult to handle those secondary injuries that's nuts.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying don't draft secondary but you guys have to realize how many guys are injured. Taylor was starting to look like a starter when in for Fin. Davis should take another step next year as well. Not sure about Delmas but he was great all year and Thomas was improving every week.

Anyway not as urgent of a need as oline. They need a G maybe two but hard to take one in the first unless they trade back. They can't take a T as you don't want a 1st rounder on the bench but yes take one later again.

First round I go BPA or trade back. A stud WR, TE or MLB wouldn't be a bad thing to add to this team. Fill the other holes in FA and later in the draft. It's not an impossible task and the depth should be even better next year to overcome some of the BS that they're facing this year...well to be honest difficult to handle those secondary injuries that's nuts.

FlyerFinFan, I'd rather have a CB that we can count on to be a shutdown type of player. Finnegan, Taylor, and Davis have shown glimpses but not consistency on the field. In addition, these guys have all missed playing time with injuries. Finnegan has been the most consistent but he's injury prone. If Finnegan is healthy next year that's great but what if he's not? Is Taylor or Davis the CB the Fins need for the future? I don't know. If Taylor is an NFL top quality starting CB then the Fins still need another player for depth. A second round pick is as late as I'd wait at that position. RE the Oline: I could see using the first pick on a tackle however what happens if/when Albert gets healthy from his ACL/MCL injury? Albert will be back at LT. James will be at RT and the first round pick will be sitting on the bench like Jordan has done at DE unless the team wants to rotate at that position. We know Albert & James are quality starters and deserve lots of snaps when healthy. Choosing a tackle at pick #1 would bring security for the offense but could also become a luxury pick. That's why I'm wondering if a FA would be a better option as a backup.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you draft a MLB, G, S or even WR they could see the field immediately. I think you go BPA for those positions. The rest would be depth picks as I think Taylor could start he looked fine once he got some reps so 2nd round would be the earliest I'd go corner as they have bigger holes to fill.

I added WR as they need a killer out there that catches anything preferably big even a TE would work as that would help their red zone. Wallace just doesn't excel in that role neither does Hartline.

Last edited by a moderator: