• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text BG

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, as many of you know, if not all, I hav been drafting based on height. Over the time Nos has been running these drafts, dating all the way back to the cbs days, we’ve drafted so many times that its just become monotonous. Every draft the same players get taken, with restrictions being the only thing changing the draft pool. I decided to mix it up a little bit, because I just wanted to have fun for this one.

I do wish that some things had gone differently, like how there are very few 5’6” players who have been successful in recent history (5’6” is where I started) and so my team is way too heavy in pre-1900 players. This isn’t because I like older players more than younger players, just the way things are when you’re looking for guys who are shorter. If I had moved up to 5’8” earlier, I may have been able to get a 3-6 with more power with Joe Morgan and Kirby Puckett, but I waited too long to allow myself taller players and wasn’t able to take either of them. I only reluctantly moved to 5’7” to take Yogi Berra, but there really isn’t a catcher at 5’6”. So, had I been able to get those hitters, my power would’ve been respectable, instead of mostly pathetic.

I did toy with taking the shortest fielders and tallest pitchers, but not until after I took Altuve. Had I not been driving and could’ve thought about that idea more, I would’ve taken Randy Johnson round 1. Imagine the team photo where the shortest player and the tallest player have a height difference of 3’4”.

There was no player on my list that anyone would’ve been ok with as a first round pick, so the Altuve pick was just a signal to let y’all that i was drafting off a different player pool than everyone else. I’m glad I took him, since I believe he’s my only player that’s played since the 60s.

Overall, my team is better, if one dimensional, that I expected it to be when I first thought of this idea, and if I’d started with 5’8” as my height, it’d be even better. I don’t expect a single vote, but I’m ok with that. It became a badge of honor to hear that people didn’t know who the players were, and I loved being accused of just making up players. It’s been a fun draft on my end, if slow.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, as many of you know, if not all, I hav been drafting based on height. Over the time Nos has been running these drafts, dating all the way back to the cbs days, we’ve drafted so many times that its just become monotonous. Every draft the same players get taken, with restrictions being the only thing changing the draft pool. I decided to mix it up a little bit, because I just wanted to have fun for this one.

I do wish that some things had gone differently, like how there are very few 5’6” players who have been successful in recent history (5’6” is where I started) and so my team is way too heavy in pre-1900 players. This isn’t because I like older players more than younger players, just the way things are when you’re looking for guys who are shorter. If I had moved up to 5’8” earlier, I may have been able to get a 3-6 with more power with Joe Morgan and Kirby Puckett, but I waited too long to allow myself taller players and wasn’t able to take either of them. I only reluctantly moved to 5’7” to take Yogi Berra, but there really isn’t a catcher at 5’6”. So, had I been able to get those hitters, my power would’ve been respectable, instead of mostly pathetic.

I did toy with taking the shortest fielders and tallest pitchers, but not until after I took Altuve. Had I not been driving and could’ve thought about that idea more, I would’ve taken Randy Johnson round 1. Imagine the team photo where the shortest player and the tallest player have a height difference of 3’4”.

There was no player on my list that anyone would’ve been ok with as a first round pick, so the Altuve pick was just a signal to let y’all that i was drafting off a different player pool than everyone else. I’m glad I took him, since I believe he’s my only player that’s played since the 60s.

Overall, my team is better, if one dimensional, that I expected it to be when I first thought of this idea, and if I’d started with 5’8” as my height, it’d be even better. I don’t expect a single vote, but I’m ok with that. It became a badge of honor to hear that people didn’t know who the players were, and I loved being accused of just making up players. It’s been a fun draft on my end, if slow.

upload_2019-1-15_14-35-2.jpeg

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Ducey to pick as well.

So Ducey, BG and Smitty are all OTC.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone please post your team either here in chat and tag me so I can fix it in the team thread or if you would rather just post it in the team thread yourself thats fine.

If everyone could please tag me when you have done of of the two so we can get the playoffs started.

@UK Cowboy
[USER=13032]@Hall
[/USER]

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone please post your team either here in chat and tag me so I can fix it in the team thread or if you would rather just post it in the team thread yourself thats fine.

If everyone could please tag me when you have done of of the two so we can get the playoffs started.

@MilkSpiller22
@TheRobotDevil
@tducey
@broncosmitty
@BG82
@da55bums
@Ritzarmy
@Mebert
@UK Cowboy
@Pack 500
@blstoker
@Hall
@Shanemansj13
@femurov
Team is posted the devil gains another year once 6:13 am hits getting old :gaah:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is posted the devil gains another year once 6:13 am hits getting old :gaah:

Happy Birthday old man! You can just update your team if you have changes being you are an ass kisser err I mean staff member!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut up whore!!! get aids!!!
AIDS is mine dammit
animated-devil-smiley-image-0143.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Birthday old man! You can just update your team if you have changes being you are an ass kisser err I mean staff member!
That still confuses me I thought a staff was a member.

I don't think i'm going to be editing anything soon. Starting the shots early thank you brother :suds: