• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB All Star Salary Cap Draft: CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Bolts, I also text 500 to re-pick...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

It is supposed to be a best of 5 series with the opponent you are matched up with. Right?

It is kind of crazy how many ways things can be interpreted. That is why I think there should be position eligibility rules in the next one. I was planning to use McGwire at 3B originally, because I had the same thought @wlk3 did. Really, it is a good strategy the way the current rules are written. If a player is not playing defense there and he is eligible, I don't see why WLK should get docked for using Chipper at SS.

I meant how many games they played in their career to be eligible to play that position in this mock.

But I thought our hypothetical games were best of 7 series

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted WLK that he could pick

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty absurd. Some of the 0 players are better than several of the money players. That's a fact
I don't have a problem with having 1 or 2 guys who cost $0. But when it's obvious you just lost control of your cap and we're forced to fill your roster with a bunch of $0 guys, I think it should factor in.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert has been texted

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with having 1 or 2 guys who cost $0. But when it's obvious you just lost control of your cap and we're forced to fill your roster with a bunch of $0 guys, I think it should factor in.
I have 5-6 0 guys, and I can assure you I never "lost control of my cap". It was my strategy from jump, and what's more, I'm happy with those players. If it weren't my plan, I wouldn't have taken Ruth and Walter early. I seriously don't get voting for any reason other than who would win. Anything else is self serving BS

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about my situation? Do you feel I lost control of my cap and just had to fill my roster with a bunch of $0 players? OR, is my lineup so good I didn't need to spend money on my bench?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What should be the #1 factor is best team. When posting the matchups I feel the $ next to the names shouldn't be included because that's not a way to judge a players abilities. Eric Chavez has like 6 Gold Gloves and voted on the all defensive teams but cost me $0 are we saying Placido Polanco is better because he made 2 all star games. Maybe not best example but hopefully you get my point that a all star appearance isn't the best judge of players ability.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to just count up the number of $0 guys and vote for whoever has less. I will look at the lineups and pitching and defense. But if it is close (like these matches usually are), you have to look at other factors.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about my situation? Do you feel I lost control of my cap and just had to fill my roster with a bunch of $0 players? OR, is my lineup so good I didn't need to spend money on my bench?
I'm just going by what somebody said in the basketball draft... :D

I haven't really looked at anyone else's team like that. I will have to see when the matchups are posted. But, if your team is clearly better than your opponent like you seem to think, then I won't have to get into the splitting hairs process.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to just count up the number of $0 guys and vote for whoever has less. I will look at the lineups and pitching and defense. But if it is close (like these matches usually are), you have to look at other factors.

Other factors like bribery? 500vCash

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going by what somebody said in the basketball draft... :D

I haven't really looked at anyone else's team like that. I will have to see when the matchups are posted. But, if your team is clearly better than your opponent like you seem to think, then I won't have to get into the splitting hairs process.

You also going by what that person said later in the draft when he realized his original thought on it was incorrect?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert has been texted

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if your team is loaded with home run hitters then they should be penalized. The reason behind my statement I have none just jealous of Nos's team plus pissed I had 4 people who knew I wanted Salmon but didn't post the pick for me but instead goes to the one team who is loaded with home run hitters :D

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If vcash meant anything to me, then maybe.

Fine I'll give my 1 of a kind #75 Chris Baker Denver Broncos jersey. I had to custom make it. Why Baker, I have NFL jerseys of players who played at Penn State and yes Baker was kicked off the team I still have his jersey but for the right price this jersey could be yours.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would hold a 0 against someone is if those players were a bunch of scrubs that couldn't contribute, like a pinch hitter with a career .260 average or Carlos Sandoval as a pinch runner .Otherwise, I'd call adding a low dollar player as.. shrewd. Put another way...Tom Brady was a 6th round pick..should it be held against the Patriots GM that they don't have a blue chip, 1st rounder as a starter?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine I'll give my 1 of a kind #75 Chris Baker Denver Broncos jersey. I had to custom make it. Why Baker, I have NFL jerseys of players who played at Penn State and yes Baker was kicked off the team I still have his jersey but for the right price this jersey could be yours.

You have a Hampton jersey? That may be interesting ...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Ritzys reading pleasure since he doesn't know much about my starting defensive 3B... Clete was overshadowed because he played at the same time as the best defensive 3B man of all time...

"During each of Ralph Houk's first three seasons as Yankee manager (1961–1963), Boyer led all American League third basemen in putouts, assists and double plays, finishing ahead of even rival Brooks Robinson—yet Robinson, not Boyer, won the Gold Glove Award each year."

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Ritzys reading pleasure since he doesn't know much about my starting defensive 3B... Clete was overshadowed because he played at the same time as the best defensive 3B man of all time...

"During each of Ralph Houk's first three seasons as Yankee manager (1961–1963), Boyer led all American League third basemen in putouts, assists and double plays, finishing ahead of even rival Brooks Robinson—yet Robinson, not Boyer, won the Gold Glove Award each year."

Who said I didn't know about your 3B? I didn't but I never said either way. Heck I don't know half the names after the 15th round.