• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MICHIGAN AT PENN STATE

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ back to your kicker, I'd bet his thighs rub together every time he kicks. My avi is from the great train wreck of 2013 (otherwise known as the UCLA game to Husker fans) lol

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner needs to take the #98 off, he doesn't deserve it. Nothing more than a PR stunt by the AD.
Horrible defense, horrible running game, horrible play calling. I guess why keep putting off the inevitible? Can only flirt with disaster so much.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family and I were driving back from the Purdue Nebraska game and had this on the radio.

Just as we cross the Indiana-Illinois border we put the game on. drive around 100 miles.

We stopped at a new restaurant my wife found on the net for a nice relaxing sit down dinner. The food was good, we did not eat fast food junk.

Come back out, the game is still on We pull into the driveway, I walk out to get the paper and the mail leaving the car door open so I can listen and the game mercifully ends. If only we could have seen the terrible FG special teams.

The Legends Division is terrible.

As bad as Nebraska is, Nebraska can still win it. Beating Purdue and Illinois shows nothing though.

As bad as Michigan State is, Michigan State can still win it. Beating Iowa and Indiana is more impressive than who Nebraska beat, but I had Iowa at 2-10 for the year. Michigan State now gets Purdue and Illinois. Two more Michigan State wins for the green kool aid drinkers.

As bad as Michigan is, Michigan can still win it. Beating Minnesota is the same as either Purdue or Illinois, and the loss to an average Penn State team really hurts. Nebraska has to go to Happy Valley also.

The best of the Legends is Northwestern, but maybe after playing Wisconsin and Ohio State, Northwestern is a bit out of steam.

Then, whoever wins the Legends gets to go to the CCG, and show their suckage against either Wisconsin or Ohio State.(Probably Ohio State)

Personally, it would be nice to win the Legends for some bragging, but then if you go to the CCG and show the suckage, is it really fun? Not for me.

BTW, I have predicted Michigan to pound Nebraska in Ann Arbor. Again. I will wager any Michigan fan if you give me 30 points.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family and I were driving back from the Purdue Nebraska game and had this on the radio.

Just as we cross the Indiana-Illinois border we put the game on. drive around 100 miles.

We stopped at a new restaurant my wife found on the net for a nice relaxing sit down dinner. The food was good, we did not eat fast food junk.

Come back out, the game is still on We pull into the driveway, I walk out to get the paper and the mail leaving the car door open so I can listen and the game mercifully ends. If only we could have seen the terrible FG special teams.

The Legends Division is terrible.

As bad as Nebraska is, Nebraska can still win it. Beating Purdue and Illinois shows nothing though.

As bad as Michigan State is, Michigan State can still win it. Beating Iowa and Indiana is more impressive than who Nebraska beat, but I had Iowa at 2-10 for the year. Michigan State now gets Purdue and Illinois. Two more Michigan State wins for the green kool aid drinkers.

As bad as Michigan is, Michigan can still win it. Beating Minnesota is the same as either Purdue or Illinois, and the loss to an average Penn State team really hurts. Nebraska has to go to Happy Valley also.

The best of the Legends is Northwestern, but maybe after playing Wisconsin and Ohio State, Northwestern is a bit out of steam.

Then, whoever wins the Legends gets to go to the CCG, and show their suckage against either Wisconsin or Ohio State.(Probably Ohio State)

Personally, it would be nice to win the Legends for some bragging, but then if you go to the CCG and show the suckage, is it really fun? Not for me.

BTW, I have predicted Michigan to pound Nebraska in Ann Arbor. Again. I will wager any Michigan fan if you give me 30 points.

There are a lot of very average teams in the legends division. That loss sucked. 50 seconds, no time outs and PSU got a TD in like 23 seconds. Ridiculous.

The worst part about all this is that I can't even go into games like Indiana and feel safe. We haven't even hit the hardest stretch of our schedule.

I think Nebraska is fully capable of torching our team. Our secondary can't cover shit. We let a freshman QB pass for over 300 yards and he would have had more if it weren't for some drops.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke's expressions during the game were hilarious. The dude looked like a deer in headlights (at least for the whole OT series I watched). Also watching Hackenberg tear down the Michigan D to bring it to OT was pretty special to watch as well.

WR Robinson is damn good....I am a little jelly...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke's expressions during the game were hilarious. The dude looked like a deer in headlights (at least for the whole OT series I watched). Also watching Hackenberg tear down the Michigan D to bring it to OT was pretty special to watch as well.

WR Robinson is damn good....I am a little jelly...

Yeah, if PSU can get a decent RB - they're going to be dangerous in a few years. I'm shocked they're doing this well given their sanctions. On the other hand, games like that are their bowl game for the year.

The game management and play calling at the end of the game and in OT was awful. And our running game was atrocious. Fitz had like 27 carries for 27 yards - and almost half of those yards came on 1 play in the first quarter. At some point you just have to give up that a play isn't working - but not good ol Al Borges. Let's keep giving Fitz the ball.....

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if PSU can get a decent RB - they're going to be dangerous in a few years. I'm shocked they're doing this well given their sanctions. On the other hand, games like that are their bowl game for the year.

The game management and play calling at the end of the game and in OT was awful. And our running game was atrocious. Fitz had like 27 carries for 27 yards - and almost half of those yards came on 1 play in the first quarter. At some point you just have to give up that a play isn't working - but not good ol Al Borges. Let's keep giving Fitz the ball.....

silas redd:L

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable loss. The 4th quarter reminded me of Peyton Manning choking vs. the Ravens last year. That kicker should quit football. How do you miss that many crucial FG's? Hoke is a good coach but he doesn't have any killer instinct. Doesn't help that DG can't throw a football. Only games that matter how are Sparty and tOSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable loss. The 4th quarter reminded me of Peyton Manning choking vs. the Ravens last year. That kicker should quit football. How do you miss that many crucial FG's? Hoke is a good coach but he doesn't have any killer instinct. Doesn't help that DG can't throw a football. Only games that matter how are Sparty and tOSU.

Nebraska?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was as entertaining of a PSU game that ive ever been to. Someone had to lose that one I guess. glad it wasnt us. big win for us heading into the future.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah lets totally disregard how good he was at psu.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying PSU has never had a good running back. I'm saying if PSU can grab a good RB they're going to be a very good team in the next few years. No matter what they had I'm talking about what they lack at the moment.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was as entertaining of a PSU game that ive ever been to. Someone had to lose that one I guess. glad it wasnt us. big win for us heading into the future.

That game was terrible to watch. Watching your team blow like 5 game winning events in a row sucks. And watching your coach call run after run after run, despite your RB rushing 27 times for 27 yards is maddening.

That game was basically Michigan doing something good followed by apologizing to Penn State, shooting ourselves in the foot and giving the ball over to PSU to see if PSU could win the game - because clearly we wanted to be polite and did not want the win.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really dropped Michigan in the polls......

24th in the usatday.......
26th in the AP......

I would've guessed 22nd or 23rd........

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah lets totally disregard how good he was at psu.

Silas Redd was only good against marginal teams. When Silas Redd faced an average defensive team, or even worse, a good defensive team, Silas Redd disappeared.

In 2011, when Silas Redd faced the four ranked teams on the Penn State Schedule, coincidentally, ALL LOSSES,

Silas Redd averaged 59.25 ypg

Compare to Nebraska's Rex Burkhead in 2011

#7 Wisconsin Nebraska lost - Rex Burkhead had 96 yards

#9 Michigan State Nebraska won - Burkhead 130 yards

unranked Northwestern Nebraska lost Burkhead 69 yards

12th ranked Penn State - Nebraska won Burkhead 121 yards, Silas Redd 53 yards

20th ranked Michigan - Nebraska lost Burkhead 36 yards

10th ranked South Carolina - Nebraska lost Burkhead 89 yards