• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for games December 23- January 4th

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure....Smith is a shoot first player that would not fit in well like I said earlier. He could kill the delicate chemistry we are trying to build.

Regardless of who plays, I just hope we don't lay an egg and lose to the 76ers tomorrow.

I would be pretty livid if we lose tmr.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Smith could definitely help this team win games, but I am not sold on bringing him in.

What do you all think about the Heat showing a video tribute to Lebron? I think it is way too soon. He left a bitter taste in my mouth the way he left.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with it. Do it and get it over with. It was the best 4 ur stretch we will ever see with this team. This is a professional organization so they're not going to give him the cold shoulder

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat should do absolutely nothing special for Queen James - if anything, as they have done with other players in the past, have the former players and coaching staff memebers that knew him, acknowledge him pre or post game with some hugs and handshakes - And move on. He isn’t the first or last time come and go through our team - yes, thanks for the championships but 2 for 4 when you promised, not 6, not 7....not impressed.

In fact, I will be in here posting pre-game stuff as usual and such, but I would ask you to let me know when all the Queen James crap is done with and when the game starts so I can tune in because I just dont think there is any reason for that - or for it to even get any tv time.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ira, is Josh Smith worth the risk? Doesn't he have a reputation as being a bit disruptive? Sure, if he signs with the Heat he come at a great discount. But turning Josh Smith lose in South Beach could be troubling. -- Chet.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Josh smith is a player who makes his team worse,shot selection ranks with Gilbert arenas,to compare him to Anthony Mason is a disservice,Mase was a tough guy but a winning player,very fine passer,played on several fine teams,would rather see the heat use Bosh with bird,white side and Williams...
MPGMAN71
AT 9:17 AM DECEMBER 23, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: When the price is right, everything is worth investigating. And in the Heat's salary-cap position, you can't be too choosy, especially when you apparently just lost Josh McRoberts for the season. Unlike other potential landing spots, the starting job is there for the taking for Smith, an opportunity to rebuild his image snow-free and tax-free. And in the Eastern Conference, there also is a greater chance for a playoff payoff than with some of the Western Conference teams that have expressed interest. Yes, I know the Heat say they only were kicking tires Monday, but that also is what you do before you buy. Anthony Mason worked out perfectly for Pat Riley in a season of duress. So could Josh Smith wind up as Anthony Mason II? And Mason also got paid after his resurrection with the Heat.

Q: When the stars return, will James Ennis and Luol Deng be as productive? We will see. Both can be productive when they are moving. Who will facilitate that? Both players were energized on Sunday. -- Leon, Miami.

A: I agree that teammates can't allow Deng and Ennis go to waste. Both are best off the ball. But that means having the right players to get them the ball, and I'm not sure the Heat's point guards are up to that challenge on a routine basis. What the Heat have to do, when Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh return, is to keep the ball moving, Wade and Bosh being definitive with their moves, then either shooting or getting off the ball. The Heat can have enough weapons, if they utilize them.

Q: Ira, are the Heat burning Bird out? If we want him for the playoffs in April, should he be starting in December? -- John.

A: While Chris Andersen has been starting, Erik Spoelstra has been mindful of keeping his minutes similar to when he was playing off the bench. And I still see this as a stop-gap approach. When Chris Bosh gets back, I think Birdman will go back to the bench. And with Udonis Haslem again playing well, Spoelstra has enough options to keep the mileage down on Bird.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Jones, Brent Barnaky, Eli Roe your referees for tonight's Heat-76ers, 7:30 p.m., AmericanAirlines Arena (Sun Sports).

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Joseph Goodman of the Miam Herald, the Heat applied for injured player exception on Monday but have not yet heard back from the NBA. Justin Hamilton is experiencing concussion like symptoms and may be out a while. Dizzy from diva SITTING OUT so many games for no reason

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade questionable for tonight vs. 76ers with knee contusion. Bosh, Whiteside and Hamilton out.

Per Ira Winderman

Whats questionable about Diva is his manhood.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McRoberts had successful knee surgery yesterday. His status remains likely to be out for the season.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Josh Smith anywhere near this team. Dude is dumb as a box of nails. Takes way to many low percentage shots. From what I am reading he is likely headed to Houston.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video tribute? I'm cool with it. He left like a punk bitch, but he also came here by a national televised dumping of a fan base. It's just how he rolls.

Because of LeBron, I got to watch the Heat in 4 straight finals. back to back championships. I got to see a Heat player win the MVP award (twice). I can't hate the guy. But I would love to see him have a bad game and have Wade and Bosh dunk on him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think wade goes off on Thursday and wouldn't be surprised to see guys like cole & chalmers step up

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers better step up after calling him "That guy".

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt need to step up , at least not for that. Mario was just the only guy that had the balls to call him out like that. UD said there would be blood in the matchup, hopefully that turns out to be the truth.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes way to many low percentage shots.

Agreed. We already have Diva Wade for that.
I think wade goes off on Thursday and wouldn't be surprised to see guys like cole & chalmers step up

The hope is he goes off, but he is more than likely to try and force the issue and hurt the team

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Heat should do absolutely nothing special for Queen James - if anything, as they have done with other players in the past, have the former players and coaching staff memebers that knew him, acknowledge him pre or post game with some hugs and handshakes - And move on. He isn’t the first or last time come and go through our team - yes, thanks for the championships but 2 for 4 when you promised, not 6, not 7....not impressed.

In fact, I will be in here posting pre-game stuff as usual and such, but I would ask you to let me know when all the Queen James crap is done with and when the game starts so I can tune in because I just dont think there is any reason for that - or for it to even get any tv time.
We did video tributes for Mike Miller. Should do one for James and Jones. Do it, show we are bigger than him and his current franchise/owner and move on. The 4 year run will hopefully also be his best run ever.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do it, show we are bigger than him and his current franchise/owner and move on.

That makes it sound like a pissing contest - which makes it sound even more childish. If we are going to do this, we may as well bring back every former player on our championship teams and do a tribute for them as well - its not like they didnt make sacrifices either

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news: Diva Wade will play tonight, Whiteside might play, CB still out.

A brief pre-game video tribute for diva wade for the accomplishment of being able to avoid SITTING OUT another game for no reason

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade, Chalmers, Deng, Williams and Birdman starting for Heat.