• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No game is a gimmie in sports, much less when you are the DOlphins

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not a gimme I just don't think that they will have the bodies left to do anything this year. You can't make or do anything in the playoffs if you have to pull guys off the street. Happens every year maybe they need new trainers or something. This just doesn't seem right especially when it's all at DB and oline. Ah well that's football I guess just frustrating.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week someone said the Fins controlled their own destiny - they did until later results came in - Fins still dont control their own destiny because they have failed to take advantage far too many times.

At this point there is no margin for error - They can hope and get all the help they want but if they dont do their job, dont be surprised with other results not going in their favor. So what I am saying is -- they will have to win out to really give themselves a shot. If they dont, then you will just be left with false hope to later be disappointed

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James and Taylor don't come back the Fins are screwed. Even if Fin comes back they have no depth it's all been depleted. The funny thing is that they could still make the playoffs but without the bodies they'll have a hard time winning anything against quality opponents.

I always felt next year would be their best shot and feel better about it now as they have improved in many areas. The oline is vastly improved and the offense is starting to gel. The D is also better but needs a few tweaks in the red zone as they must get better there to win the close ones. Tanny is the biggest improvement he's starting to show consistency I think we have a keeper but I'd still draft another QB later in the draft to be safe as anything can happen. It's too important of a position to not keep some potentials in the background.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get why with Wallace we arent at least trying for 1-2 deep balls a game.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a good article by James Walker about the Dolphins defense NOT being elite. I say this respectfully, I dont give a FUCK what stats and rankings you bring up - if you dig deeper into the stats you can see we give up a lot of missed tackles, a lot of yards on big plays in the air and ground. And we dont get off the field on third down enough.
Morning take: Dolphins' defense not elite - Miami Dolphins Blog - ESPN

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, thankfully with Philbin early season comments that caused a QB controversy the team and the lockers is already strong mentally and emotionally -- Because this lack of production from the defense could be dividing in the lockerroom - the offensive guys doing everything they can to win the game, and the defensive guys just keep looking for ways to lose it.

I hope the offense turns it up a few more notches to score as many points as they can not to put the responsibility on the defense because they obviously arent good enough, or ELITE enough to hold it.

They are far from elite. They may have a few elite players on the team, but as a unit - far from it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo I understand that you’re upset but every D gives up shit but when you are ranked in the top ten it means that overall you're doing a pretty good job. It doesn't mean that at the end of the game you will never give up a point but on average you are doing well. I think this team is still learning how to win on both offense and defense. They are close but when the pressure is on they fail. This will come with experience and when this happens they'll take the next step.

We also know that after one more offseason they'll just continue to improve. They can fill more holes and add depth. This year we hoped it would happen and to be honest there are more positives than negatives the future looks good! Better than most teams out there.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the pressure is on they fail

Ok, yes this happens to all teams - but the better teams, the great teams - the elite teams - DONT fail when the pressure is on - they find a way.

Again, I dont care where they are ranked - those are just that, rankings. The numbers that matter is WL record, and right now the Fins stand at 6-5 despite those rankings.Not good enough. I dont care for other teams - i dont care about the future - I care about my team and the present.

In other news, the Fins currently would have the 16th pick in the draft. Outside of the elite players that will probably be drafted in the top 10 - there is no clear cut guys at any position - the quality and namesake may not be there at certain positions for the Fins right now, but they have to find a way to solve some of their current issues with the guys they have currently as best as possible - because right now the options through the draft arent looking as convincing as in previous seasons.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most elite teams failed on their way up and learned from it. You just have to hope that this holds true for the Fins. As an example Taylor will hopefully never jump a route on 3rd and 20 ever again! Once they get over that hump the skies the limit with this group....I'm excited!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...87132269610&campaign=social_20141126_36234637

Further proof that Tannehill only has improved and our short-comings arent his fault or even the fault of the offense.

No arguing with that Tanny and the offense have improved but at the same time you can't pin all of the losses on the D either. Last game yes but in the others the O could have closed out a few of them with first downs in the 4th quarter. They just both need to be more consistent...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No arguing with that Tanny and the offense have improved but at the same time you can't pin all of the losses on the D either. Last game yes but in the others the O could have closed out a few of them with first downs in the 4th quarter. They just both need to be more consistent...

Hey Flyer, am I completely 'off base'? Because its seems painfully obvious (to me atleast) that this team can never seem to play well in ALL aspects (s.t., offense, defense) when it matters most. Had Miami turned in just an 'average' day for their defense, Miami wins huge. Our offense comes out and performs like that? Our defense decides to mail it in.....so many times in the past its been the other way around. Our defense only gives up 10 points, we only score 9. I don't get it. I've got a bad feeling about the Jets game. I can totally see our defense making a statement after their pathetic performance in Denver....but I have a sick feeling that Tannehill will have a bad game. He's had about 6 good weeks in a row now, and all qbs struggle from time to time. I really hope I'm wrong, but I just have a bad feeling that Miami loses a close game. Maybe 21-17. After blowing the game againt the Broncs, one would think they would be pissed and destroy the Jets on Monday night....but after the ass whoopin' the Bills handed them, and Miami losing yet another heart-breaker, it really wouldn't surprise me to see the Jets win a low scoring game. Which would revert back to my initial question: Why can't this damn team EVER seem to play a COMPLETE game when it matters most?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard this from a few people Cards. The only game where everyone played well is Diego. Otherwise it's been inconsistent. I'm hoping with experience this will happen less and less. I believe that the offense has made big strides I think they'll be fine on Monday. James and Clay should be back. The problem with the D is injuries that may hurt the secondary. Jets QB'S aren't manning though...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard this from a few people Cards. The only game where everyone played well is Diego. Otherwise it's been inconsistent. I'm hoping with experience this will happen less and less. I believe that the offense has made big strides I think they'll be fine on Monday. James and Clay should be back. The problem with the D is injuries that may hurt the secondary. Jets QB'S aren't manning though...

I'm with you-I mean, I think about playing the Jets and think 'We should have beaten the Lions(IN Detroit), Green Bay, AND Denver IN Denver.....HTF could we EVER lose to the Jets? But then....reality sets in, and I realize we're talking about a team that has shown several times over the past several seasons that they can play with virtually any team in the NFL. Sad part is, they have ALSO shown the ability to lose to virtually every team in the NFL as well. So as I sit here and think the game should be a complete 'laugher' by halftime, the sick feeling in my gut says Miami might have to go 70-80 yds in the final 26 seconds of the 4th quarter to win the game. I just hope our defense takes the whoopin' that Denver's offense put on them personally. They need to come in with a serious attitude and just take over the game. Oh, and Tannehill needs to dissect their secondary. I really cannot see the Jets winning, but my gut unfortunately says differently.....damn

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jets may play above themselves and catch a lot of breaks but they're simply not good enough. If the Fins just play their game and don't do anything stupid they should win this. Not saying it will be a blowout but win it comfortably. But it's the NFL so who the hell knows!