• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - Minnesota Vikings Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season over at this point so all that is left to do is look forward to next season at this point. Need new DC and OC before anything else

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep Lazor. Philbin and Coyle may both go especially if Philbin is canned.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season over at this point so all that is left to do is look forward to next season at this point. Need new DC and OC before anything else

Nothing will happen RE the coaches during the season. They may even all keep their jobs for at least one more year.

The Fins should use the next two games to build depth on their roster by playing guys that haven't been getting as many snaps. L Miller has proven himself as a solid RB this year. I'd like to see what LaMichael James can do as a pass catcher & as a runner. D Williams has averaged about 3 yrds a carry this year. I'd like to see him get some more carries to see if that is the best he can do. He has shown that he can get open. I'd like to see him show that he can make clutch catches. I'd like to see more of Dion Jordan & Billy Turner.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep see what you have totally agree. Not sure on the coaches though. If healthy would their record have been better? Either way there were some critical mistakes by the coaches which simply can't happen...like missing that 20 yard catch that was dropped. That got the pats rolling in the second half.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense your sarcasm RE coaches not catching passes. The D Williams missed TD catch for example was not the fault of the coach.

The Fins aren't ready to beat the elite teams this year. There were costly mistakes like allowing Collins to block the field goal in the first half. Tannehill made a couple of errant throws that got deflected for INT's but he threw the ball well overall I thought. The Fins had more passing yards than the Pats & more time of possession. On his second INT I thought that Browner may have hit the WR early but Tannehill had a lot of time to make the throw. It seems like another player should have been more open on the play. Tannehill seemed to force the ball a few times in the second half. He had his best day of the year at throwing the deep pass though. I think he needs to keep practicing those throws in the last two games & keep building for next year. The offense as a group could have played better in the redzone. 0 for 3 won’t get it done verse the Pats. I'd like to see the Fins develop a power running game next year. I don't blame Philbin for not taking the chance but there was a 4th and 1 play for the Fins on the Fins’ side of the field in the second half. The Pats had the lead. The Fins punted & the Pats scored again and built on their lead. Last week Baltimore went for it in that situation & scored & gained the lead & then kept the lead for the rest of the game. You have to have the personnel & confidence in your short yardage RB & Olinemen to make a gutsy call like that. To beat a team like the Pats it may take that type of a play call. The Fins may need to add another RB to gain those type of yards. This is no knock on L Miller. He’s been great at what he does but sometimes an offense needs to overpower the defense and gain yards even when the defense knows the run is coming. On defense the Fins had no sacks in the game & that won’t work verse Brady. Also, I'm now convinced that the Fins need to add a big run stuffing DT to the roster. The Pats deserve credit for being opportunistic and making plays. I still think that the Fins are not that far off from being a contender.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I totally agree with you I brought up the short yardage problem and Paolo blew me out saying that it's not their scheme. Well you better make it your scheme as short yardage happens all the time on offense and defense and they need to get better at it. It will also help them in the redzone both sides of the ball. Power running back and a run stuffing DT would be nice additions. Rotate them in. They can definitely fill those holes this offseason.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this Eagles game and their tempo - was thought to be something we saw from Lazor, and we have, but only in spurts. We got away from it. Yeah, credit the other team if you want, but the Fins simply have gotten away from it and only do it when they think they can easily get away with it - they refuse to try it otherwise.

From the first play of the first drive, we need to establish the tempo - run some no huddle at least once per drive. Another thing we got away from is using different formations just about on every play - we had so many formations earlier in the seasons and gotten more predictable in recent weeks. Again, it seems they only do it when they know for certain its going to be successful - they just dont try otherwise.

Both the DC and OC have become rather conservative in the past couple of weeks, now we are 7-7 , time to scrap the conservativeness and turn it up and let the chips fall where they may

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep Lazor. Philbin and Coyle may both go especially if Philbin is canned.

Agreed. I like Lazor, and although he too has made some head scratching calls in big moments throughout the season, the offensive production this year was almost second to none. Another year under Lazor might really have this team dangerous. Philbin and Coyle absolutely need to go, hands down. The inability to make necessary adjustments to counter the opposing team was just simply awful. I personally believe the players have given up on Philbin, even though nobody is saying that. Its hard to imagine how good this team might be with a really good coaching staff, something this team hasn't had in forever.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why the Dolphins didn't throw down the field more. That baffled me. I mean look at the Patriots game... BAM 50 yard pass and they do away from it. Minus the nice pass to Wallace to end the 1st half and that was one hell of a catch!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not but they passed deep more Sunday than any other game this year. Their oline is simply too banged up to allow too many shots. If they didn't fall behind they would have stayed more balanced but they just came out like shit in the second half. I honestly don't know where to pin the blame but it happens way too much with this team...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to @ESPNStatsInfo, the #Dolphins’ D is allowing an average of 30.3 points and 404.5 yards per game the past four weeks.

Yet some people want to say this defense is elite? There is a lot wrong with that

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to @ESPNStatsInfo, the #Dolphins’ D is allowing an average of 30.3 points and 404.5 yards per game the past four weeks.

Yet some people want to say this defense is elite? There is a lot wrong with that
I never said elite but they were top ten and could be without the injuries. You have to realize how injured they are at LB and secondary??? They just don't have the depth to cover that...most teams don't.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Thursday and Kevin Coyle is still our DC, not an encouraging sign for our game sunday and our prospects to survive

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they'll get two starting LB's back. If anything the teams effort will show if the team wants Philbin to stay on. If they stink up the joint it will be his kiss goodbye....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything the teams effort will show if the team wants Philbin to stay on. If they stink up the joint it will be his kiss goodbye....

I strongly believe the guys are behind Philbin 100% - There is no reason to think otherwise. We havent heard any public displeasure being voiced by them the entire season. The only thing has been when Philbin wouldnt say if Tanny would continue being his starter earlier in the season - Other than that, there is no reason to think the players arent behind Philbin. And dont think if they “ stink it up” would be a sign they arent behind him. And, really, to think such a think is beyond silly, for lack of a much more colorful word.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA still barely alive. Out this wk w/LOSS or BAL win/tie or PIT win/tie

Scenarios to stay alive today