• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyers Leonard Goes Anti Semitic

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Words spoken in anger on the internet shouldn't be anything remotely close to being a big enough transgression to cancel someone's career. Say you're sorry and move on. Suspended indefinitely is a big over-reaction, unless by that they mean until a public apology can be made.

100% agree on the cancelling. But I'm also in no way feeling sorry for someone dumb enough to vocalize hate speech online for an audience. If he made this comment 7 years ago and it just came out now, then yes the subject of his "punishment" should be different. But this came out just now. So there's a different penalty for that. Suspended indefinitely could mean 20 games or it could mean 2. Let's also not over-react to the punishment. I think in the coming days you'll see everything get cleared up very quickly.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of y’all have never been in a COD lobby circa 2010 and it shows.

But seriously, if you’re streaming, don’t say stupid shit.
How about just "don't say stupid shit"?

Whether you are streaming or mic's up or whatever, just don't.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hilarious how some of you get all worked up over a goddamned word. Apparently some people have never heard the old "sticks and stones" saying.

• Poop
Reactions: ill

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Words spoken in anger on the internet shouldn't be anything remotely close to being a big enough transgression to cancel someone's career. Say you're sorry and move on. Suspended indefinitely is a big over-reaction, unless by that they mean until a public apology can be made.
Yeah, context does matter. But there's also the "you show who you really are when you're at home" side too.

Also, how well does he know the person he said it to. Were they friends? A couple of my closest friends and I say all kinds of vile shit to each other. We've often laughed and said that if someone who didn't know us overheard some of our conversations, they would think we hate each other.

Imo, unless there are other examples of him saying those kinds of things, let him apologize and move on. If there are other examples, then start looking at other, harsher ways of dealing with it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyers looks like the kind of guy who calls black people the N word behind their backs

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the world we live in, you just can't say that.

You know it, I know it... Meyers knows it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyers looks like the kind of guy who calls black people the N word behind their backs
Not really. He reminds me of the Gronk of the NBA. Not the brightest but probably a good dude by most measures.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He reminds me of the Gronk of the NBA. Not the brightest but probably a good dude by most measures.
You're thinking of JaVale McGee

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is damn near 30. I hate the cancel culture, but at the same time if you put yourself in the predicament that's on you and you have to deal with the repercussions.

I don't believe he should be cut, and ultimately I think "sensitivity training" will be the course of action taken. He will profusely apologize for his mistake and he'll meet with members of the Jewish community. Then he'll be fine (so long as he proves to be a NBA worthy player).

I think a momentary lapse of judgement (again, not condoning what he said) shouldn't warrant getting fired from your job (in his case getting cut) in general. I'm just pointing out that Desean Jackson practically had an instagram story (falsely) quoting Hitler's views on Jews (in an obvious negative connotation). Yet there wasn't really anyone calling for his job.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Javale does have the most appearances all time on Shaqtin a Fool so you may be right.
When I think dumb but sweet that's exactly who pops up. I love that big idiot.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a momentary lapse of judgement (again, not condoning what he said) shouldn't warrant getting fired from your job (in his case getting cut) in general. I'm just pointing out that Desean Jackson practically had an instagram story (falsely) quoting Hitler's views on Jews (in an obvious negative connotation). Yet there wasn't really anyone calling for his job.

Yeah absolutely. I'm in agreement he shouldn't lose his job. But those who think it should just be dropped after an apology have to realize that this is a fully grown adult here who chose to do a live stream of himself playing video games and then drop a slur. It wasn't like someone video recorded him in secret. You gotta own up to your mistakes.

I think in about a week this will blow over. He'll meet with members of the community, there will be more effort to educate himself and then everything will be back to normal.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a real nice thing to say about a person you don’t know

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the way he said it, it sounds like it is a normal part of his vocabulary.

saying "k**e bitch" is not a phrase you just pull out of no where.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the way he said it, it sounds like it is a normal part of his vocabulary.

saying "k**e bitch" is not a phrase you just pull out of no where.

Yep. I honestly don't know much about the phrase but it seems pretty bad. His apology wasn't good either

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well,

If I were to post or live stream a slur and it got back to my employer I would be fired for sure.

A lot of people would be. A lot of people have been.

At the end of the day, it is up to the employer. But if they feel that his comments are offensive enough to hurt their business, they should have the right to fire him.

That isn’t “cancel culture”. That is a consequence for bad behavior.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

If I were to post or live stream a slur and it got back to my employer I would be fired for sure.

A lot of people would be. A lot of people have been.

At the end of the day, it is up to the employer. But if they feel that his comments are offensive enough to hurt their business, they should have the right to fire him.

That isn’t “cancel culture”. That is a consequence for bad behavior.
generally cancel culture is just consequences.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that this guy (and a lot of others) choose to play video games on a streaming service like this and risk getting in trouble like this.

if you know you can't play a video game without saying some kind of derogatory phrase or something, then don't risk it.

now this dude I have never heard of will forever be the dude that said the anti-Semitic phrase while playing a video game.