• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mets and Curtis Granderson finalize $60 Million 4 year deal

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Granderson and the New York Mets have completed a $60 million, four-year contract.

The deal with the three-time All-Star outfielder is the team's most expensive since Sandy Alderson took over as general manager. Granderson agreed to sign with the Mets on Friday, and the contract was finalized during the winter meetings.

Granderson passed a physical Monday and is expected to be introduced at a 12:30 p.m. ET news conference, according to ESPNNewYork.com's Adam Rubin.

Source: ESPN LA

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could watch but i'm at work, can't wait to see him in a Mets uniform!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets formally introduced Curtis Granderson to the media on Tuesday at the Winter Meetings in Florida.
“Today is an amazing day,” Granderson said. “I’m really excited to be a part of the New York Mets organization.
“A lot of people I’ve met in New York said, ‘True New Yorkers are Mets fans.’”
Why did he land with the Mets?
“When weighing every possible opportunity, it was the best fit possible,” he said.
Granderson tipped his cap to David Wright for reaching out to him after the season ended.
“Wright was one of the first people to contact me, before we even got to the negotiation stage,” he said. “It’s like we’ve known each other our whole career and I’m really excited to get to play with him.”
He also noted that they just found out that he and Wright are neighbors.
Granderson will wear No. 3 with the Mets.
Granderson’s deal is reportedly worth $60 million, including $13 million in 2014, $16 million in each 2015 and 2016, and $15 million in 2017 — it does not include an option year or no-trade clause.

Few bits from his press conference going on.