• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mesoraco

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation with this guy gets curiouser each day.
Now he's back in Groundhogville with a family issue and still isn't on the DL but can hit and run, just can't catch. So we have 3 catchers.
Whatever the family issue was ... not our business, but it's odd.

Plus Price went ballistic with the newspaper over questions about it.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say it's an impingement. It's a bone that restricts and/or rubs connective tissue and/or another bone. Unless tissue is swollen and can be reduced, it requires surgery to fix. Untreated it can tear tissue. Its painful. I have one in a shoulder, but I dont throw for a living and it duesbt normally harm ny golf game or make me miserable. Bailey had a shoulder with the condition. Tulo and A-Rod had hips. It likely means Meso isn't playing this year unless he trades positions. Makes my Meso winter LF fantasy more same now, huh ?

Price lost his patience, then his mind. Rosecrans is a maggot known to fan Reds farts into forest fires. Price didnt do himself any favors- if he was rational, and thought the media was sbiffibg around to leak "confidential" info like Barnhart being called up because Mesoraco was out, or Hamilton is gimpy, he should have known what his rant would print like. Besides, no team is going to change their plan because Mesoraco isn't in the Reds lineup, but Price didnt want to be asked why Meso didnt pinch hit in St.Louis. He didnt get around to talking to Skipworth before the media reported Barnhart was coming up.

He's feeling the manager heat that has undoubtedly built up from last year. Things out of your control- GM compromises, injuries, player issues, etc. that make the manager limited and looking incompetent. The Reds don't have more than about half a pitching staff capable of winning MLB games. They have no cleanup hitter that can both hit more than 15HR and hit above .250 without Mesoraco. The best lefty arm in Reds history is a captured closer and the Reds have no LHSP. Hamilton is gimpy. Cueto is unsignable, and probably so is Leake. There are undoubtedly more stress issues Rosecrans hasn't reported yet, that added to Price's frustration at him.

I saw Hal McCrae do similar media suicide in KC, and it was a normal occurance for Billy Martin, although he was less wordy with media. Lou Pinella could lift off, but usually not at the media.

The job looks easier from outside than when in the seat.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can find a position for Mesoraco's bat this afternoon. Under the lineup number, it's typically referred to as "7".

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That takes sand that Mr.Price might not possess at the moment. A little winter ball or ST shag practice in LF might have been wise.

I think Meso is going under the knife soon. I'm just hoping he doesn't let Kremcheck do it.