• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melky takes himself out of the running for the batting title

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
article link

Cabrera asked the players' association to convey his desire [to be disqualified from the National League batting title] to the commissioner's office and that an agreement to make him ineligible was reached Friday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now he just needs to face his teammates and apologize (for whatever transgressions they are holding against him - and it's not the use of PED, I'm sure), and he can get himself back in their grace and on the post-season roster.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he just needs to face his teammates and apologize (for whatever transgressions they are holding against him - and it's not the use of PED, I'm sure), and he can get himself back in their grace and on the post-season roster.

Like.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If only there were some way I could show agreement (or disagreement) for this post.

Ghost, get it done!!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was EXACTLY my take on it too. Lord knows we don't have a lock LF right now, so he could slide in there, hit 6 or 7, rake like hell in the LCS and/or WS and still get a huge payday. Who knows, if he genuflects appropriately, maybe from Sabeysabes? Can you imagine this lineup with a raking Melkman?

CF Oxy
2B Moped
LF Leche
3B Panda
C MVP
RF Herk
1B Pick
SS Fish

Acourse, he might not be able to get ready in time (I think he's restricted from even reporting to the AZ training facility until his suspension is up), he's got to face the music on the false website, and the clubhouse may not take him back. On top of that, his rakage might just be the product of PEDs.

Still, interesting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read that he is unable to do anything with the team until 40 games into the suspension. At that point, he is able to "rehab" with the team. That means when the team has 5games remaining in the reg season, he is clear to have supervised workouts.

This is a GREAT step on his part to begin to repair his image. Too little, too late? Only time will tell, but certainly a good first step.

I think the disappearing act he pulled with the team may be too grievous to repair, though. Add to that the fact the team has actually played BETTER without him, and it may be a fools errand.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was EXACTLY my take on it too. Lord knows we don't have a lock LF right now, so he could slide in there, hit 6 or 7, rake like hell in the LCS and/or WS and still get a huge payday. Who knows, if he genuflects appropriately, maybe from Sabeysabes? Can you imagine this lineup with a raking Melkman?

CF Oxy
2B Moped
LF Leche
3B Panda
C MVP
RF Herk
1B Pick
SS Fish

Acourse, he might not be able to get ready in time (I think he's restricted from even reporting to the AZ training facility until his suspension is up), he's got to face the music on the false website, and the clubhouse may not take him back. On top of that, his rakage might just be the product of PEDs.

Still, interesting.

No way that'd be the lineup, even with Leche 3rd Posey still bats cleanup. And he wouldn't after the layoff and the no-PED uncertainty of production.

He'd just bat 7th like our current LFs do.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

CF Oxy
2B Moped
LF Leche
3B Panda
C MVP
RF Herk
1B Pick
SS Fish

Still, interesting.

If he was mainly taking them to combat the fatigue of a long season, then we shouldn't see a drop off in production from their absence. On the other hand, if his increase in production in the last two years was due to an increase in strength/conditioning, then those benefits aren't going to disappear in two months of non-use - assuming he continued to workout.

TheSaboteur

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be great to see Melky hit a HR off Colon in the World Series.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be great to see Melky hit a HR off Colon in the World Series.

lol, so much awesome in this post. Well played Sab.

Just to be a "conspiracy theorist" and to see what some of you folks think.....anyway at all that MLB asked for this "privately" from the Melky camp after the Braun embarrassment last year? I don't really think so, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Sorry, it's just that our boys are playing so well that there's not much to bitch about/discuss. :heh:

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for 2 reasons we don't see him again. 1) The team doesn't want him around and it might screw the comraderie they have going on. And 2) he hasn't played in months he's rusty and probably going to suck - especially without his juice. So what's the point?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we just need one Giants game to get rained out, and this whole thing will be moot.

Can you imagine?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read that he is unable to do anything with the team until 40 games into the suspension. At that point, he is able to "rehab" with the team. That means when the team has 5games remaining in the reg season, he is clear to have supervised workouts.

This is a GREAT step on his part to begin to repair his image. Too little, too late? Only time will tell, but certainly a good first step.

I think the disappearing act he pulled with the team may be too grievous to repair, though. Add to that the fact the team has actually played BETTER without him, and it may be a fools errand.

If you find a source on that, please post. I believe Shulman said he can't do anything with the org until the supsension is up.

If the team welcomes him back, I think the Giants activate him. He can only be an upgrade over the 25th guy (Hensley, Peggs, or Christian).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way that'd be the lineup, even with Leche 3rd Posey still bats cleanup. And he wouldn't after the layoff and the no-PED uncertainty of production.

He'd just bat 7th like our current LFs do.

That lineup was a 2013 rosterbation, but I agree with flipping MVP and Panda. If activated this year, he hits 7.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for 2 reasons we don't see him again. 1) The team doesn't want him around and it might screw the comraderie they have going on. And 2) he hasn't played in months he's rusty and probably going to suck - especially without his juice. So what's the point?

If 1 is true, then 2 doesn't matter -- he's done with the Giants. If 1 is NOT true, he'd be an upgrade over the 25th guy.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you find a source on that, please post. I believe Shulman said he can't do anything with the org until the supsension is up.

If the team welcomes him back, I think the Giants activate him. He can only be an upgrade over the 25th guy (Hensley, Peggs, or Christian).

Baggs reported it, for one.