• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melky Cabrera Suspended

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF Giants OF Melky Cabrera was suspended 50 Gms today for using a type of testosterone.

This could significantly hurt the Giants & help the Pirates in the race for one of the NL WC spots.

Thoughts... everyone,

Burgh

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts in reply:

- Shame on Cabrera. Any player who is dumb enough to use PED's in the current atmosphere deserves any punishment which he receives. (And, IMO, any player who uses PED's under any circumstances deserves nothing but disdain. I'm a firm believer in playing hard but playing fair and within the rules.)

- I must admit that I wondered about Cabrera..... how he could look decidedly mediocre for several years and then morph into a productive player last year and this. I wondered whether he could be using PED's..... but then decided that he was a late-bloomer, finally living up to his potential. Shame on me.

- Yes, the loss of Cabrera might help the Bucs by hurting the Giants..... but that's a disappointing means of gaining an advantage. Truth be told, I have pretty much concluded that both the Cards and the Dodgers will pass the Pirates in the wild card race anyway..... so the Giants may be irrelevant. (At this point, I'm just hoping the Pirates can hang on enough to break the streak.)

- I am very happy that none of those past reports of Melky Cabrera potentially being traded to the Pirates ever panned out.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts in reply:

- Shame on Cabrera. Any player who is dumb enough to use PED's in the current atmosphere deserves any punishment which he receives. (And, IMO, any player who uses PED's under any circumstances deserves nothing but disdain. I'm a firm believer in playing hard but playing fair and within the rules.)

- I must admit that I wondered about Cabrera..... how he could look decidedly mediocre for several years and then morph into a productive player last year and this. I wondered whether he could be using PED's..... but then decided that he was a late-bloomer, finally living up to his potential. Shame on me.

- Yes, the loss of Cabrera might help the Bucs by hurting the Giants..... but that's a disappointing means of gaining an advantage. Truth be told, I have pretty much concluded that both the Cards and the Dodgers will pass the Pirates in the wild card race anyway..... so the Giants may be irrelevant. (At this point, I'm just hoping the Pirates can hang on enough to break the streak.)

- I am very happy that none of those past reports of Melky Cabrera potentially being traded to the Pirates ever panned out.

I thought the same thing. He screamed Jose Guillen to me, who I might add did some shady things while with the Giants.