• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meet the Mess, Meet the Mess

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is the worst team in baseball from top to bottom. The owner is broke, the GM won't pull the trigger on trying to improve this team and get rid of the stiffs they need to get rid of and the manager has lost this team. I think each ticket holder should boycott going to games until this organization starts taking it seriously. Every year we hear "We improved!" HELLO! With the exception of Matt Harvey and David Wright, everyone else SUCKS! Period!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh...in Alderson's defense, I think he's pretty much hamstrung in a number of ways.

That said...unless Harvey's pitching, it's getting really hard to even watch a game...:gaah:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, but we need to be patient. Wait until some of the guys in the minors make their way up during the 2nd half. Then we'll get a good idea of what we need to go get. I'm hoping some of our young arms can provide some much needed help out of the pen.

Keep in mind, we have I believe over $50 million coming off the books this offseason, we can afford to make some moves. I think if we sign a guy like Elsbury, make a trade for another OF and then sign an arm or 2 out of the pen to go along with the young arms we have in the farm system this team is going to be dangerous.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, but we need to be patient. Wait until some of the guys in the minors make their way up during the 2nd half. Then we'll get a good idea of what we need to go get. I'm hoping some of our young arms can provide some much needed help out of the pen.

Keep in mind, we have I believe over $50 million coming off the books this offseason, we can afford to make some moves. I think if we sign a guy like Elsbury, make a trade for another OF and then sign an arm or 2 out of the pen to go along with the young arms we have in the farm system this team is going to be dangerous.

I agree.....but it doesnt make it any easier to watch in the interim

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been waiting, in fact, three years now. It's the same old schit with the Mets. An outfield by committee, which obviously doesn't work. Ike Davis still hitting under the mendoza line without being ran outta town and a bullpen that was supposively fixed, sucks again. As long as Fred Wilpon owns this team, it's going to be the same thing each and every year. His motto is sign a bunch of 80 year olds and give them outrageous contracts so we can't sign anyone else. Question. Remember a guy named Chirs Gomez? How's he doing these days compared to Johan Santana? Nuff said! We suck and will always suck under this ownership! Period!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you. I think we're heading in the right direction. No doubt this current team is tough to watch, but I don't think it has been a waste of three years.

We have a decent amount of young talent on the cusp of becoming major leaguers.

Sign Elsbury in the offseason and trade for another outfielder and all of sudden our lineup is pretty solid.

Then hopefully Familia, Mejia and some other young arms, along with a signing or 2 can come into revamp the pen. I don't think we're as far off from being a good team as you think.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a lot of good young talent, this is true, so in spirit I agree with Nasty...but throw us a fucking bone or SOMETHING. At this point, the Astros and Marlins are more watchable.

All of this is excluding Harvey, of course...but even then, the rest of the team is painful to watch.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind it's only the 2nd week of May, a month and a half into the season. We still have to wait for the minor league call ups and there is still plenty of time to make some trades. Let's wait for some other teams to fall out of contention so that they become sellers, or wait to see if a contender sees their window of opportunity closing and make a desperation move.