• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MDZ out, AMAC in

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it the safe play or the conservative move, or even trying to get a little use out of the price tag.
Whatever, with the injury to MDZ and the losses mounting, this was the opportunity to nod in resignation and bring up Morin.

Not bringing up Morin, with two weeks to go until the trade deadline and the distance between the Flyers and the wild card getting more and more insurmountable, just doesn't make sense.

If AMac didn't have a contract like a lead weight I could see this as an opportunity to showcase him and perhaps move him out. That contract makes that very unlikely (even though I thought he might be trade able at one point). This could be the stretch that we see Streit showcased to perhaps be moved....?

Bringing up Morin would have meant a different type of player. Morin is a big physical mobile player. He doesn't have the offensive game of MDZ.

IF they are bringing up AMAC to be the 7th dman and not ensured to get regular playing time, then I agree. Bringing up Morin to sit in the press box would serve no purpose at this time. If the the Flyers fall further out of the race and more moves are made...then we almost certainly will see Morin and who knows who else.