• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McGahee released by Broncos

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough time for McGahee to be cut with a number of veteran backs on the street, but I understand the Broncos decision. Montee Ball will be the number one running back come September. With Hillman and Moreno as change of pace backs, I think our running situation looks pretty good right now.

Thanks for being a great Bronco while you were here, Willis!

Go Broncos!!

MH64

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only move to make. $2.5 million coming off a broken leg and a consistant fumbling issue...no brainer. I still would not be shocked to see "Ole Glass Legs" Moreno on the chopping block as well.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll find somewhere decent to go. I'd still sign him at the right price.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another sign that they're really liking what they see out of Montee Ball. Can't wait to see what this guy does with the ball in his hands.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Ball to step up and Knowshow needs to play as well as he did towards the end of the year but needs to stay healthy.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough time for McGahee to be cut with a number of veteran backs on the street, but I understand the Broncos decision. Montee Ball will be the number one running back come September. With Hillman and Moreno as change of pace backs, I think our running situation looks pretty good right now.

Thanks for being a great Bronco while you were here, Willis!

Go Broncos!!

MH64

Here is a quote from Fox in USA today about the RB situation.

"I think anytime you pick your team, or begin to pick your team, you're showing faith in those people," Head Coach John Fox said. "I thought Ronnie (Hillman) came on very well last year. I've been impressed by Montee Ball-not that he's there yet by any stretch. And then we've got Knowshon (Moreno), who is also coming off of an injury, who we feel pretty good about."

That doesn't sound like Montee Ball is the clear #1 to me. I bet we see Moreno and Hillman in rotation with an occasional carry to Montee and Lance. They are probably going to bring him along slowly. Reports out of minicamp and OTA's are that he is impressive, but he is a rookie. If Knoshawn is healthy, with the way he ran last year and Hillman's improvement and play in the playoff game, they are probably going to start. Things could change in camp, we will see.