• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marlins @ Pirates

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure utter magic, this season is. A new hero every day it seems.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is so special...

I mean I am sitting here believing it is going to happen and then it does... No part of me thinks this team can lose...LOL

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay that statement was a little bit optimistic... but you guys know what I mean

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing left to say after this win! Let's go LA Dodgers tonight!

Let's stretch this lead to 4 full games on the Stl. Cardinals.

Also, with the Reds not playing today, the Reds are now 7 gms behind the Bucs!

I Love It!

Burgh

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
amazing...

We are playing out best baseball at a time when we were falling off the face of the earth last season.... If that is not telling about the difference between this team and the one from the last 2 seasons I am not sure what else could be?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya great homestand.

Its getting a little dicey after Liriano Burnett, but we have been scoring runs when our 3-5 give up runs.

On to Colorado, Cargo on the DL.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Parrot

Morton is going to help carry the load until Wandy gets back.. ( wishful thinking )

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What?

Last post is not showing up... I must be having problems

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards lost again to the L.A. Dodgers tonight. 5 - 1

The Pirates now lead the Stl. Cardinals by 4 full games & the Cincinnati Reds by 7 full games!

Let's keep it going & Let's Go Bucs!

Burgh

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is like some kind of dream come true...

GO BUCS GO

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya great homestand.

Its getting a little dicey after Liriano Burnett, but we have been scoring runs when our 3-5 give up runs.

On to Colorado, Cargo on the DL.

Parrot

Morton is going to help carry the load until Wandy gets back.. ( wishful thinking )

Locke will still provide average pitching, which is perfectly acceptable (albeit disappointing after his first half). Morton had a great outing last game. Dicey early, but man his last 4 or so innings he hit his stride. That curve was going, and it was groundball city. Cole? Well, we know what we get from him at this point, and honestly when (if) Wandy gets back, I'd send Cole down. He's been good, not fantastic, and could use some more polish. That said, Searage seems to be holding the polish moreso than the guys down in AAA.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locke will still provide average pitching, which is perfectly acceptable (albeit disappointing after his first half). Morton had a great outing last game. Dicey early, but man his last 4 or so innings he hit his stride. That curve was going, and it was groundball city. Cole? Well, we know what we get from him at this point, and honestly when (if) Wandy gets back, I'd send Cole down. He's been good, not fantastic, and could use some more polish. That said, Searage seems to be holding the polish moreso than the guys down in AAA.

I disagree, Cole is fine, he's learning, I don't see any benefit of sending him down at all. And unless you are going to have him pitch 2-3 innings an out, sending him to the pen makes little sense either.

I'm not sure Morton isn't a starter long term. He's only able to use 2 pitches, and isn't exactly young enough that adding to the repertoire is easy to do.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree, Cole is fine, he's learning, I don't see any benefit of sending him down at all. And unless you are going to have him pitch 2-3 innings an out, sending him to the pen makes little sense either.

I'm not sure Morton isn't a starter long term. He's only able to use 2 pitches, and isn't exactly young enough that adding to the repertoire is easy to do.

if cole can get nasty, pitch high and tight a lot more often, and use his FB a little bit more than he does now, i think he will significantly improve.
he mixes it up because they hit his FB more than he expects because he leaves it out over the middle to outer half most of the time.
people just dig in on him way more often than they should for the stuff he seems to have.
he also seems to get rattled a bit when they do square up well.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if cole can get nasty, pitch high and tight a lot more often, and use his FB a little bit more than he does now, i think he will significantly improve.
he mixes it up because they hit his FB more than he expects because he leaves it out over the middle to outer half most of the time.
people just dig in on him way more often than they should for the stuff he seems to have.
he also seems to get rattled a bit when they do square up well.

Agreed all around, that definitely will come with time, he isn't a pitcher yet, just a thrower at this point still.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: