• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota Hasn't Thrown A Pick In Camp So Far

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffDarlington

I haven't watched Titans in person, but I just texted with Titans vet to see how Mariota is coming along. In three words? "Looks damn good."

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Winston threw 3 in his first 5 attempts.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does this matter???
Because the media needs their johnny football, tebow, mariota stories to carry them until real football starts. He's nothing more than this years cinderella story. How have the last few of those worked out on the field?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffDarlington

I haven't watched Titans in person, but I just texted with Titans vet to see how Mariota is coming along. In three words? "Looks damn good."
vince-young-hurt.jpg

locker.jpg

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously don't get the Mariota hate some have. He is a nice kid, he put up numbers, he led his team to the title game. Why the hate?

If you blame him for losing the title game you are a moron. Did you see his receivers drop balls? Did you see what Bosa was doing to his line?

But I guess you'd rather have AJ McCarron since he won a title?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously don't get the Mariota hate some have. He is a nice kid, he put up numbers, he led his team to the title game. Why the hate?

If you blame him for losing the title game you are a moron. Did you see his receivers drop balls? Did you see what Bosa was doing to his line?

But I guess you'd rather have AJ McCarron since he won a title?

Nice kid who really doesn't look to be an NFL QB. Maybe his makes it, so far Russell has.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUPER BOWL????

LOL,who said that???? I like Mariota think he can play but i don't think anyone is talking about titles yet.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota hasn't thrown a pick yet but Tampa Bay threw a pick - a draft pick!

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saving all the picks for the regular season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went without an interception for the fourth straight practice, and he’s now the only quarterback in camp who hasn’t thrown an interception. Unofficially, Mariota is 49-for-73 (67 percent) in the combined drills after four days. While drills obviously aren’t the same as game conditions, he’s still off to a pretty good start. Also ESPN reporter Kuharsky never praises the Titans so it's quite something to see him say Mariota has done well.

Pete Prisco
‏@PriscoCBS 2h2 hours ago

Some will marvel when a QB isn't throwing picks in camp — Mariota — I hear alarms going off.

Paul Kuharsky ‏@PaulKuharskyNFL 5m5 minutes ago

.@PriscoCBS Promise you it's not because he's dinking and dunking or being overly careful. I'm not one for fast praise. He's been golden.

this is the same as winning all your preseason games =it means nothing

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, for a rookie QB who is learning EVERYTHING about his new offense, this is a pretty impressive feat. It's not like the Defense isn't trying and I'm sure if he was not taking his chances when they were there the coaches would be tearing into him. I'm not saying this will continue, heck looking at the Titan's schedule I don't see more than 5 wins MAX, but I do think he's a lot better than many of the doubters were predicted and they are terrified of being wrong.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, for a rookie QB who is learning EVERYTHING about his new offense, this is a pretty impressive feat. It's not like the Defense isn't trying and I'm sure if he was not taking his chances when they were there the coaches would be tearing into him. I'm not saying this will continue, heck looking at the Titan's schedule I don't see more than 5 wins MAX, but I do think he's a lot better than many of the doubters were predicted and they are terrified of being wrong.

Correct i didn't see more than 5 wins max on the Titans schedule either. But after seeing how Mariota is ahead on everything and doing as well as he is i think it is safe to say there might be more wins than that.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the same as winning all your preseason games =it means nothing

Lol your right it don't mean shit as far as wins or losses but they are trying to show the guy is better than your average everyday rookie QB.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct i didn't see more than 5 wins max on the Titans schedule either. But after seeing how Mariota is ahead on everything and doing as well as he is i think it is safe to say there might be more wins than that.
I'm pulling for the kid, but, honestly, there is only so much one player can do. He doesn't play on defense and from what I gather they aren't very good. If Marcus can't get on the field he can't score points, plain and simple. If he can stay healthy all season and the team wins 5 games I think that could be considered a big step forward for the organization.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the very real danger that even if Mariota was NFL worthy getting his shot on a team with lots of suspect pieces around him and something less than an established staff/system that his career could still end up in the drink over faults not his own.