• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners MiLB Thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to Aoki;

171/169 Now that is nice.

Compared to Smith;

347/629 Not bad.
Yeah, Aoki has been one of my favorite adds this off season and I still like Smith as a bat, solid guy at the plate. Aoki should really really help the team, getting guys on base consistently has been a problem for this team. They haven't had a guy with the approach that Aoki does in a long time.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Aoki has been one of my favorite adds this off season and I still like Smith as a bat, solid guy at the plate. Aoki should really really help the team, getting guys on base consistently has been a problem for this team. They haven't had a guy with the approach that Aoki does in a long time.

Totally agree. I wanted him last year on the same deal but he didn't hit enough homers for Jack to consider him.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I wanted him last year on the same deal but he didn't hit enough homers for Jack to consider him.
Yeah I did too, we discussed this an off season ago. He also didn't strikeout enough and got on base too much to warrant a signing from Jack Z.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how much DJ Peterson has fallen off a cliff. Hope he can get it together this year.
I hope he can too. Looking at his performance last season was not good. From the little bit watched him he didn't look very good at the plate based on that I am not sure he can turn it around.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Hultzen in the bullpen. .. not a bad idea... hope he holds up for a few innings

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Mariners will likely send recently signed Cuban center fielder Guillermo Heredia to Class-A Advanced or Double-A to begin his professional career in the U.S., writes MLB.com’s Greg Johns. As Johns points out, Heredia hasn’t played in a game since 2014 due to the lengthy nature of his defection from Cuba, so the club is prepared for some rust that will need to be shaken off. Heredia spoke, through an interpreter, about his excitement for the opportunity to take the next step in his pro career and also explained that the presence of countryman Leonys Martin (who, not coincidentally, shares an adjacent locker) will help to ease his transition. Heredia has known Martin since the two were both in Cuba, and he’s already begun soliciting Martin for advice as he works toward a big league career. Seattle Mariners Rumors - MLB Trade Rumors

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Mariners will likely send recently signed Cuban center fielder Guillermo Heredia to Class-A Advanced or Double-A to begin his professional career in the U.S., writes MLB.com’s Greg Johns. As Johns points out, Heredia hasn’t played in a game since 2014 due to the lengthy nature of his defection from Cuba, so the club is prepared for some rust that will need to be shaken off. Heredia spoke, through an interpreter, about his excitement for the opportunity to take the next step in his pro career and also explained that the presence of countryman Leonys Martin (who, not coincidentally, shares an adjacent locker) will help to ease his transition. Heredia has known Martin since the two were both in Cuba, and he’s already begun soliciting Martin for advice as he works toward a big league career. Seattle Mariners Rumors - MLB Trade Rumors

My question is this; If he only signed a one year deal, and most likely will be in the minors, what happens next year with him? Free agent? Arbitration?