• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning is about to go into the Denver Game

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looking pretty good. Gutsy performance so far.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk about returning at the right time.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton provided the much needed spark to this offense. 5 turnovers before he entered the game, 0 after.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Phil Simms insisting there was no way Manning would play, I'm wondering if Elway had something to do with this. Osweiler had two picks but neither were his fault. You could blame him for the fumble but that came from an unblocked corner blitzing.

So why Elway? Osweiler is a free agent. So is Von Miller. Had Osweiler won the game then won even one playoff game he would've gone into Matt Cassel territory and demanded a pretty high salary. Cassel got a ton after one good year in NE and never even made the playoffs. So many teams are desperate and many will overpay. Since Miller will be priority #1 Osweiler may have been gone, leading the Broncos without a QB.

This worked out great for Elway in that Peyton seemed to provide a spark although the running game was the key. Now he has some negotiating ammo with Osweiler's agent.

Lost on all this was that they went down to the wire with a 4-12 team who had more injuries than at any point during the year. I'm a diehard fan and know the roster top to bottom, and I counted 5 players I had never heard of before. Looks like another one and done to me.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost on all this was that they went down to the wire with a 4-12 team who had more injuries than at any point during the year. I'm a diehard fan and know the roster top to bottom, and I counted 5 players I had never heard of before. Looks like another one and done to me.

Denver has had the propensity to play to the level of their competition. Fortunately with FIVE turnovers they were playing the Chargers.

The big difference (and hope) to Broncos fans compared to previous years is that the hope for this team revolves around the D, not the O.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Phil Simms insisting there was no way Manning would play, I'm wondering if Elway had something to do with this. Osweiler had two picks but neither were his fault. You could blame him for the fumble but that came from an unblocked corner blitzing.

So why Elway? Osweiler is a free agent. So is Von Miller. Had Osweiler won the game then won even one playoff game he would've gone into Matt Cassel territory and demanded a pretty high salary. Cassel got a ton after one good year in NE and never even made the playoffs. So many teams are desperate and many will overpay. Since Miller will be priority #1 Osweiler may have been gone, leading the Broncos without a QB.

This worked out great for Elway in that Peyton seemed to provide a spark although the running game was the key. Now he has some negotiating ammo with Osweiler's agent.

In any game no matter the records turnovers can be the great equalizer. 5 turnovers with 4 of them being in San Diego territory is the sole reason this game even stayed close. I mean I would bet 2 of those 4 drives resulted in a touchdown with the way the Broncos were driving in that game with the other 2 standing a good chance at field goals at worst. The Broncos dominated that game other than on the score board.

As for contract talks I doubt that had much to do with the decision. The team needed some kind of spark and although Osweiler was not the reason the offense was struggling to score it does make sense to make the biggest change at the most important position and go with the HOF QB. The team responded obviously and worked out well. I still think Osweiler is the starter in the playoffs though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great performance... But I think too many people are drinking the kool-aid on Manning being the savior for this team. This is still the same noodle-armed QB that everyone was booing for throwing 4 INT's and getting benched in the first half against KC. It's not like he drank from the fountain of youth and is a different player all of the sudden. I'm not saying they won't make it to the Superbowl, but I just don't think Manning is the godly figure that everyone is viewing him as right now. He's still the smartest QB in the game, so he's always had experience on his side. Which goes a long ways in January.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great performance... But I think too many people are drinking the kool-aid on Manning being the savior for this team. This is still the same noodle-armed QB that everyone was booing for throwing 4 INT's and getting benched in the first half against KC. It's not like he drank from the fountain of youth and is a different player all of the sudden. I'm not saying they won't make it to the Superbowl, but I just don't think Manning is the godly figure that everyone is viewing him as right now. He's still the smartest QB in the game, so he's always had experience on his side. Which goes a long ways in January.

Well if he's 100% then he's a different player. If you believe his father he's had that foot tear all season which would explain the really poor performance. I mean he still has a weak arm that certainly isn't something that can heal but if he's no longer hurt you won't see 4 INT Manning.

Also if they go with Manning the one thing they can feel confident in is that unlike last year he wasn't getting beat up down the stretch to point he was limping into that Colts game. He's had plenty of time to save his arm and his body for the playoffs which has never happened before.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he's 100% then he's a different player. If you believe his father he's had that foot tear all season which would explain the really poor performance. I mean he still has a weak arm that certainly isn't something that can heal but if he's no longer hurt you won't see 4 INT Manning.

Also if they go with Manning the one thing they can feel confident in is that unlike last year he wasn't getting beat up down the stretch to point he was limping into that Colts game. He's had plenty of time to save his arm and his body for the playoffs which has never happened before.
Certainly an optimistic point of view. And I can't blame anyone for having it. There's a lot to like about him coming back at this point in the season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that having a healthy foot might help his "arm strength".

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that having a healthy foot might help his "arm strength".

But he stills throws some ducks even when he isn't injured. 39 year old Peyton Manning doesn't have the Arm even 35 year old Peyon Manning had. That being said he still makes it work wonders and is still effective.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not so sure that the Broncos go with Manning as the starter. Given the defenses that they will be facing in the playoffs, their porous O-line and colder weather, the more athletic Brock Osweiller could get the nod. Having a fresh Peyton Manning as the backup QB would not be a bad thing. I know that national perspective is to go with Peyton but for those that have watched Oz take all his snaps, there is growing confidence in this kid.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any game no matter the records turnovers can be the great equalizer. 5 turnovers with 4 of them being in San Diego territory is the sole reason this game even stayed close. I mean I would bet 2 of those 4 drives resulted in a touchdown with the way the Broncos were driving in that game with the other 2 standing a good chance at field goals at worst. The Broncos dominated that game other than on the score board.

As for contract talks I doubt that had much to do with the decision. The team needed some kind of spark and although Osweiler was not the reason the offense was struggling to score it does make sense to make the biggest change at the most important position and go with the HOF QB. The team responded obviously and worked out well. I still think Osweiler is the starter in the playoffs though.
Really? Man, they go down as the 1 seed with Osweiler and they'll never live it down. If healthy you have no choice but to give Manning the ball. After all the only other time he could lean on his defense in the playoffs he won a Super Bowl. Granted he was also in his prime. Just look at the quote from Elway at the bottom of MileHigh64's posts.