• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maikel Franco

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Both _phiLLies_ and myself complained about the Howard contract before it was even released. It was obvious this was the direction he was headed. The contract was an abortion.

I complained about resigning Rollings before it happened. And look at where we are.

I complained about the notion of resigning Utley, and that will play out the same.

Now people want to resign Ruiz.

Do you have any idea how crazy that sounds to stick with those four players? If they resign Ruiz you will have an infield of three 36 year olds and a 35 year old.

The front office and fan base took a great team and ran it into the ground because they insisted on paying for past performance and an odd attraction to keeping players in Phillies' uniforms.

This team isn't going to be in playoff contention next year or the year after.

At this point of the year Utley, Rollins, Papelbon, and Ruiz should not be on this team. They should have shed payroll and increased their flexibility.

They did none of it and most of the fan base is happy with the moves.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Ruiz deal is another BS idea from the Phillies that brain-dead is doing again and its ridiculous. Haven't we learned anything from signing Howard, Utley, and Rollins to deals when the production of these guys continues decline? I mean how damn dumb do you have to be to do the same mistake again and think its a good move especially with Rupp sitting there in the farm? I mean really. Is brain-dead, that brain-dead?