• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Made it to the Champ game! Week 16 thoughts please

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made it! Been a rocky season of ups and downs but I took out the #1 seed last week and am ready to go!
My definites (don't try to talk me out of these please)
Dalton
Charles
Brown
_______
Green
Marshall
Crabtree
Nugent
49ers.

We have 1 spot to fill with either a RB or a WR.. Here are the options:
Knile Davis - seriously considering this start.. KC will score on Indy & Charles will get points. If Davis sneaks in a TD I will be gold here.
Monte Ball - Still a good option. Hard to predict anything other than points out of Denver
Andre Ellington - Dude is still a "what if"
Chris Ogbannaya - Close to points every week but never gets there
Harry Douglas - Roddy is back and the 9ers won't let up much (at least thats the odds)
Stevie Johnson - Hasn't done much at all for awhile. Woods gets all the targets now
Brian Hartline - Came up empty for me in a spot start last week. Trust factor is 0%
Heath Miller - 6 catches for 99 yards = 0 points... Barring a TD, he has no value

~ Looking for confirmation on the Davis idea. Twice now in recent weeks, KC has rested Charles and Davis has gone nuts. Basically, I'm looking for all the points from KC RBs and I guard against disaster if god forbid Charles gets hurt. It's all in this week, looking to back up my prized player.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would mark Davis and Ball down to a gut call, but it's definitely down to those two, IMO. Peyton has blasted the Texans over the course of his career, and the Broncos are in desperation mode now (not to mention still souring the loss last Thursday), and I think the defense has to step up with 10 days to study, right? Houston should be one-dimensional. I can't see KC having the same potential for domination against the Colts, not that they couldn't (are the Colts on idle since the division title?)...

Like I said, it's a gut call... I'd take Ball, but wouldn't knock you for taking Davis (plus it kind of backs you up with JC if injury happens in-game).

You nailed it with Stevie... E.J. seems to have favored Woods from day one.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking going with Davis is smarter just to protect KC points.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kniles Davis.. Who hasn't gotten more than 34 yds all year and only scored 2 TD's, both in blowout games against atrocious defenses. Indy may not be great but they have the ability to keep the game close and KC still has a shot at improving their playoff positions. If it's not a blowout, Davis won't touch the ball more than 5-8 times.

Ball without even giving it a second thought

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nailed it with Stevie... E.J. seems to have favored Woods from day one.

I guess that doesn't matter since Thad Lewis will be starting.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad I'm only struggling over 1 position this week.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Treff. I wouldn't assume that KC is going to blow Indy out of the water, and Davis is almost certain to give you a zero unless they do (or Charles gets hurt). As for Ball, the prevailing opinion about Ball's role with the Broncos pre-season is starting to become reality. He's learned the protections, stopped fumbling, and they seem to favor him near the goal-line, so he has a good chance of producing for you even with a fully healthy Moreno.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I should keep calm and not freak about Ball's output last week? Even with Den playing that shitty he was only 2 catches away from getting me 3 points (any points are good)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I should keep calm and not freak about Ball's output last week? Even with Den playing that shitty he was only 2 catches away from getting me 3 points (any points are good)

Ball's 4 pts. (Standard) last week were still better than every game Davis has had all year, except the two aforementioned blowouts. So unless your %100 confident that the Chefs engineer a blowout, or % 100 confident that the Texas shut down Denver, Balls is the hands down choice. BTW, the chances of either of those happening are very thin at best. . Especially the Texas being anything more than a worn out speed bump

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.. I think you're right. Especially with Denver playing Houston.

I'm kinda worried about Andre Brown also, but I think hes gotta be in there regardless.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.. I think you're right. Especially with Denver playing Houston.

I'm kinda worried about Andre Brown also, but I think hes gotta be in there regardless.

Agreed on Brown.. Given your options, he's the one that is virtually guaranteed the majority of his teams touches at RB. Sometimes that's all you can bank on.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made it! Been a rocky season of ups and downs but I took out the #1 seed last week and am ready to go!
My definites (don't try to talk me out of these please)
Dalton
Charles
Brown
_______
Green
Marshall
Crabtree
Nugent
49ers.

We have 1 spot to fill with either a RB or a WR.. Here are the options:
Knile Davis - seriously considering this start.. KC will score on Indy & Charles will get points. If Davis sneaks in a TD I will be gold here.
Monte Ball - Still a good option. Hard to predict anything other than points out of Denver
Andre Ellington - Dude is still a "what if"
Chris Ogbannaya - Close to points every week but never gets there
Harry Douglas - Roddy is back and the 9ers won't let up much (at least thats the odds)
Stevie Johnson - Hasn't done much at all for awhile. Woods gets all the targets now
Brian Hartline - Came up empty for me in a spot start last week. Trust factor is 0%
Heath Miller - 6 catches for 99 yards = 0 points... Barring a TD, he has no value

~ Looking for confirmation on the Davis idea. Twice now in recent weeks, KC has rested Charles and Davis has gone nuts. Basically, I'm looking for all the points from KC RBs and I guard against disaster if god forbid Charles gets hurt. It's all in this week, looking to back up my prized player.

Dude, if you're really gonna play Charles Brown just make sure Lucy isn't the holder.................think I'd go Heath.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ me too. Kept thinking "how did he know I'm playing against Lacy, I didn't say anything about his lineup"

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ me too. Kept thinking "how did he know I'm playing against Lacy, I didn't say anything about his lineup"
Lol..........gotta admit, if I was in a league with that scoring system I would be extremely proud to win it all! Would never play Charles Brown though! Good luck. :suds:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's where I'm sitting at.. Think I'm sold on this skill lineup

Dalton
Charles
Ball
Brown
Green
Marshall
Crabtree

I'm now contemplating kickers...
Mike Nugent - Already have 2 Bengals going, but considering this
Matt Bryant - SF's defense doesn't shut anyone out but if they get up big, Atl isn't going to be kicking. Also, I have SF's D going, might not be a terrible idea to have a K and D going in the last game of the year in case I need to make up some points or bury him further.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting hairs, but I guess I like Nugent, for the same reasons that you mentioned about Ryan and the Falcons possibly not being in FG mode.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have a 3rd kicker due to a trade, it's now Shayne Graham in NO, but I don't think thats a consideration this week.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're Balls 30 yards better than Kniles' one carry for 2yds. and a lost fumble?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're Balls 30 yards better than Kniles' one carry for 2yds. and a lost fumble?

Nope. Both 0.

In a dogfight right now. Down 54-51 heading into the Sunday night game. He has Jeffrey & I have Marshall. Tomorrow he has Dawson & I have 9ers D and Crabtree.